[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proper way to clean your pc without an air blower? Is it okay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 13-dirty_pc_25.jpg (47 KB, 570x387) Image search: [Google]
13-dirty_pc_25.jpg
47 KB, 570x387
Proper way to clean your pc without an air blower?

Is it okay to use a cheap paintbrush on the coolers?

Do latex gloves help with static electricity?
>>
Vacuum.
>>
vacuum cleaner bruh

been using it for almost a decade, never fucked anything up.
just be careful
>>
File: Rocket-Air-Blower[1].jpg (91 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Rocket-Air-Blower[1].jpg
91 KB, 1600x900
>>51715244
These are fucking cheap and anyone with a half decent camera should already have one.
>>
>>51715267
nice one anon!
>>
>>51715255
>>51715258
i heard vacuum can't clean the coolers 100% and that they are not 100% safe
>>
File: SEMESDPhotos.jpg (11 KB, 339x121) Image search: [Google]
SEMESDPhotos.jpg
11 KB, 339x121
>>51715315
vacuum cleaners generate a ton of static electricity, also if you make the fans spin while cleaning they'll generate electricity that gets fed into your motherboard. Just use this >>51715267

>>51715258
Sure bro, ESD damage is just a myth amirite?
>>
I use a paintbrush but not a "cheap" one because hairs can fall out. Any reason you cant use an air blower or was it just a general question? its pretty much the best option for cheap
>>
>>51715244
I just bring mine to work, we have a very good industrial blower
>>
File: _.png (5 KB, 528x95) Image search: [Google]
_.png
5 KB, 528x95
>>51716365
>Google that image

>Buy Esd damage from reliable vendors in China. Here you will find quality Esd damage and phones
thanks aliexpress
>>
>>51716567
don't want to waste any money on getting one..
and i like to work under low noise.
can you suggest a good paintbrush ?
it doesn't crate static electricity ?
>>
Don't forget to refresh the thermal paste when you're done cleaning
>>
Hair dryer
>>
>>51716716
yep i know ! i'm planing to get a MX-2.
>>
>>51715244
I just rinsed mine under hot water and let it soak for like 10 minutes. Had no issues.
>>
Just remove the cooling block and wash it under the tap.
>>
>>
>>51716951
dude! i never thought about that
that's cool
>>
>>51716888
>>51716933
what the fuck
it's gonna get rust
>>
>>51715244
If you use something to blow air make sure you don't spin the fans with it because you can damage them.
>>
So I can vacuum it? I always thought it was bad but I was too lazy to do anything else.
>>
Really using an air blower is probably your best bet, I once tried to be a super hero and removed cooling block to wash it cause I was too cheap to buy a can of air, ended up taking the CPU out of the socket with it and didn't notice until I had already started washing the block. Could have destroyed my CPU because I was too cheap to buy a can of air.

Your mileage may vary, that was my first time doing that and was an idiot.
>>
>>51716999
Usually they're made of either aluminium or copper, and they'll be fine if they're dried properly afterwards.
>>
people talking about water as if it doesnt have particulates in it

where does everyone live that has distilled water from the tap
>>
>>51717776

You can, but vacuum cleaners lack enough power to properly suck all the shit from your PC parts
>>
>>51716728
this t6h
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.