[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today in crowd funding fails
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Anyone else here make the mistake of backing the Jolla Tablet indiegogo campaign?:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/jolla-tablet-world-s-first-crowdsourced-tablet#/

Jolla has now filed for bankruptcy and they are putting tablet shipments on indefinite hold..

Many angry customers commenting on their blog as well:

>prometheus on November 24, 2015 at 12:26 pm

>This is basically proof that tablet was the last thing that you had on your mind. Why did you create Jolla tablet campaign, and instead created Sailfish OS campaign? So we can say for a reason that you’ve tricked us. You wasted all the money on development of newer version of Sailfish instead of delivering what we paid…
>>
>>51710720
ChrisLAS will defend this.
Can't wait to hear his spin on this.
>>
>>51710720

I tried to tell these freetards not to buy it. I tried, I really did.

If you could reason with FOSS enthusiasts, there would be no FOSS enthusiasts.
>>
>>51711240
>If you could reason with FOSS enthusiasts, there would be no FOSS enthusiasts.
This is false.
>>
>>51710720
>paying for something that not only doesn't exist yet, but hasn't even been developed yet.

You might as well just set your cash on fire for how likely you are to get some of these crowdfunded projects.
>>
donating to a crowdfunding project is NOT the same thing as a product purchase, even if you opt for a "perk" which which includes the product if it succeeds

you're /donating/, not /making a purchase/. the product doesn't exist at the time of donation, there is no gaurantee that you will get it, you only bought a promise that they will sell you one IF it succeeds
>>
>>51711413
ps. the indiegogo site does also say pretty much the same thing as well

https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/206389847-Nature-of-Crowdfunding
>"Contributing to a campaign and claiming a perk is not the same as buying something online."
>>
>tfw you've never backed any crowdfunding venture

Feels great man

Well aside from one small one I funded ages ago but at least that was small and managed to deliver. Never again though
>>
>>51711413
>>51711451
Expecting retards that would fund a statue of robocop for detroit because they think it'll somehow help the city to exhibit any signs of rational thought is a mistake.
>>
>>51710720
>Jolla has now filed for bankruptcy

BULLSHIT LIES

THEY ARE NOT PUTTING SHIPMENTS ON HOLD. PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO GET SHIPPING CONFIRMATIONS NOW.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94393&page=247
>>
>>51711664
No, they aren't.
>>
didn't they have problems with their suppliers? or was that another project?
anyway, all these FOSS hardware things are bullshit, it's practically impossible for a small team of people to do anything like this. why don't they just take someone else's code and sell that, I don't know...
>>
>>51711748
Because
>ermagerd we're going to be the next Apple
>>
>>51710720
They aren't customers. They are supporters.

Also, fuck them. IDGAF about them.
>>
>>51711522
I funded 5$ to the Robocop just because.

I'm not even American and even I knew it would never happen.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.