[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ you guys should join me and other /g/entoomen on Dis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1389253569524.jpg (271 KB, 717x699) Image search: [Google]
1389253569524.jpg
271 KB, 717x699
Hey /g/ you guys should join me and other /g/entoomen on Discord, a free (as in beer) voice and text chat client. The following is the link to /g/'s unofficial server

https://discord.gg/0d0IzXbFmxlZAwws

>for Gamers
This is misleading. Discord is not at all bloated nor is it 1337 gaymen software. The developers are very humble and easy to contact. Don't expect anything from Razer or Nvidia.
>Closed Source
Like I said, the developers are easy to contact, and there are existing third-party API libraries available for scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, or JavaScript which allow you to easily develop your own client if need be.
>shill
Nigga, it's free. We just thought it would be cool to talk to some of you guys.
>>
>>51710448
>not-encrypted or secure in any fashion
>not open source
>for gamers

>>>/v/
>>
Why not IRC?
>>
>>51710542
The UI of Discord is much more polished and clean, plus it has voice chat built in.
>>
shameless self-bump
>>
I really love the Discord desktop client. I wish they could allow for more customization though.

>>51710565
>Inq detected.
>>
>>51710448
>free (as in beer)
stopped reading there
>>
Been using for awhile. A pretty nice switch from Skype. I actually got people to use it over Skype because of the "gamer" aesthetic.
>>
Even if you're not into the whole gamer thing or the open sourcedness, it's worth checking out. It's a really nice pick-up-and-use software. Just use your browser and if you dont like it you dont have to keep it.
>>
>>51710448
Discord is very nice, but sadly closed and I can't run my own servers, so no dice.
Mumble it is.
>>
>>51710565
Well it's true that Discord's UI is more polished and clean because IRC doesn't fucking have a UI in the first place. That's like saying that Windows has a more polished UI than the Linux kernel, you mouthbreathing retard.
>>
Why does this even exist? We have Mumble.
>>
File: Discord.png (77 KB, 706x559) Image search: [Google]
Discord.png
77 KB, 706x559
>>51710955
Protip: Ctrl+Shift+I in desktop client.
>>
>>51713482
this
>>
Free as in free for obama to listen in
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.