[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here have any experience of building in the NCase?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: img_0895r8zp9zfsj1.jpg (263 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
img_0895r8zp9zfsj1.jpg
263 KB, 1800x1200
Does anyone here have any experience of building in the NCase?
How would you rate it?
>>
How many times are you going to make this thread? Just fucking buy it already.
>>
>>51708428
ITX cases are never easy to work on, anon
>>
>>51708471
Fucking this.
Grow some balls and make your own decision.
>>
>>51708428
Tiny case for your tiny dick
>>
>>51708428
It's a huge bitch to build in.

You don't buy a case like an M1 because it's easy to build in, you buy it because you want a (subjectively) good looking case.
>>
>>51709993
why don't all these people who think that tiny cases are so kawaii just get a NUC or something?
>>
>>51710074
Because that's not kawaii. It's cheap half prebuilt with shit tier hardware. Obviously.
>>
>>51710137
but it's smaller than even ITX
>>
>>51710148
But still pre-built, and looks like shit.
>>
>>51710074
Because iGPUs are dog shit. Only thing it's good for is mobile tier games and movies.
>>
>>51708428
>>51709479
M1 designer here, it really depends on who you ask. Some people find it very easy to build in. For example:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040495359&postcount=9133

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040810233&postcount=11351

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040501452&postcount=9286

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/35clha/build_complete_ncase_m1_mitx_build/cr380jo

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlestations/comments/36vym6/new_ultrawide_monitor_ncase_m1_case/crhs22l

Others find it more of a challenge:

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2wotqf/build_complete_ncase_m1_xeon_build/cosubv9

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/3h4s1t/build_complete_ncase_m1_itx_build_my_first_ever/cu4go4h

I think it depends a lot on your experience, how much research you put in, and the specific components you choose. The case offers a lot of flexibility in terms of part choice for its size, but the downside of that is you can easily get parts or part combinations that will barely fit (or not at all), so it's absolutely necessary to do thorough research before building.
>>
>>51710950
Meant to reply to >>51708428 and >>51709993
>>
File: 1448247977819.gif (315 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448247977819.gif
315 KB, 400x400
OP, if you're still around, I own a M1 and did extensive research before actually purchasing the case, and figuring out what would work with what.

So, for the most part, you need to understand that the M1 has some, limitations. You need to be fully aware that you will never have a dual GPU setup, and will never be able to add a PCI add-on card if you have a GPU. Your GPU can't be massive nor can it be super thirsty- You either get a ITX card, and cram in a full sized PSU and loose a lot of space, or forfeit a SFX PSU and get a fullsized card, which leaves you with little space as well.

It's all about what you want to do with it, and then designing your build around the case.

With that being said, you should find the most fully featured board you can get your grimy hands on. The new Z170 stuff has some neato features, and while there's about one ITX board that supports it, it's definitely worth it.

I was able to cram a H100 into it, with an Xeon (X79).

It's a complete pain in the ass to assemble, but it's really not that bad once you learn the ins and outs of it. The cool thing is that with the metal you can plasti-dip it different colors, and it peels off.

All in all, I love the damn thing and it's fantastic. Worst case scenario just follow a build on [H]ardware forums.

I might plan to do a hackintosh build, but I'd like to wait for thunderbolt 3 to appear on more mobos and have it work.
>>
>>51711206

If only DTX boards were worth a damn- You could have a cool dual card setup if you had single slot GPUs.

Both of which, barely exist.
>>
>>51711249
there's an easy way to kill both those birds with one stone, and it's called micro-ATX.
>>
>>51711309

Except Micro ATX is substantially larger than mDTX
>>
>>51711328

Compare
>>
>>51711328
well if you want dual cards I guess you'll just have to deal with a case thats, what, two or three whole inches taller. Oh dear, how will you ever find room for that on your desk.
>>
>>51711374

Well the NCASE (If I'm not mistaken) was designed with how much power you can cram into a small space.
>>
>>51711337
I honestly haven't seen any DTX boards and can't really see it taking off as every GPU is dual slot these days, especially the SLI/Crossfire capable ones.
>>
>>51708428
I wanna see how these look and fit with the Corsair H5 SF liquid cooler.
>>
>>51711750
80% of that width is the heatsink on single-PCB cards, every time. If you water cool you can stack them quite closely.
>>
>>51711819
You'd have to find a card that has no video ports on the second PCIe bracket, and a waterblock set that comes with the single bracket.
>>
I'm building one of these currently, and am planning on getting the SX600-G PSU. Is it actually possible to run a 980 Ti off of that? I just really like the look of the N1 because it doesn't have gay LEDs or windows or shit.
>>
>>51711865
Yes you should be able to run your standard 980ti rig. If you're using stuff like x99 platform, multiple drives, and powering a pump from the PSU along with some heavy overclocking though you might run into issues.

First thing you should do when you get it set up is go into BIOS and make sure the +12V reading is stable.
>>
>>51711863
At least no ports you want to use, agreed. Having a custom loop for your dual 980s in a small form factor case would be worth the research, though.
>>
>>51711891
>X99 ITX
Those niggas at Asrock are crazy
>>
Only reason I would get one of these is for ergonomics
>>
>>51711796
The H5 won't even fit in the M1, because it extends too far past the front and top of the motherboard. Not that it would make sense anyway; you can fit any regular 120mm AIO or air cooler <130mm tall in the M1, which are almost guaranteed to perform better than the H5. It's really a cooler designed for slim systems where there's no room for anything more than a low profile cooler.
>>
>>51712113
I mean portability.

So sort of ergonomics anyways.
>>
File: Capture.png (44 KB, 884x528) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
44 KB, 884x528
>>51708428

I would not recommend it for first time builders since the case ships without a manual , but there is plenty of info online about what fits and what the ideal way to put it together is .

pic related , speccy of my m1 . i can take some pictures of it in case you are interested .
>>
File: bane wojak.jpg (88 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
bane wojak.jpg
88 KB, 900x900
>>51708428
That's a big fan.
>>
>lego is hard

fuck off
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.