[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows Phone or Android for parent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1446216405600.png (494 KB, 1000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1446216405600.png
494 KB, 1000x2000
Looking to buy my mom a new phone for christmas but I can't decide between Android or Windows Phone.

She's in her late 60's and she isn't very technology literate, so I want to get her something that is easy to use. My dad already has a HTC HD7 and he refuses to upgrade, but if WP7 isn't much different than windows 10 then he could help her operate it, since I don't want to be her 24/7 tech support

Pic unrelated.
>>
>easy to use
iPhone
>>
>>51703909
>iPhone
Forgot to add, I actually have a budget, so no iPhone.
>>
File: jbug_phone_promo1[1].jpg (11 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
jbug_phone_promo1[1].jpg
11 KB, 220x220
>>
>>51703977
Well then a Windows Phone I guess... Android is gonna bloat up quick if you don't know how to use it. Not even shitting on it, that's the truth.
>>
>>51703977
Then get a shitty Symbian phone. It's cheap and she shouldn't have any trouble using it.
>>
File: 1449347560110.png (447 KB, 1000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449347560110.png
447 KB, 1000x2000
Meanwhile in the real world
>>
Get an Android phone. Install Nova launcher prime (like $4), install important apps and place icons on the home screen, set scroll and animation speed to "faster than light", set home and lock screen wallpaper, make app icons a little big (maybe 150-200%), lock desktop.

BAM, now you have a fast nearly 100% idiot-proof phone. I did this for a family member (they paid for nova prime though) and haven't complained to me about their phone ever since. I even showed them how to unlock the desktop temporarily to allow changes (you should do this later after they get comfy with android though).
>>
>>51705336
Don't do this
>>51703893
Yeah just get a cheap lumia, wangblows phone is ios tier idiot proof and w10 still looks mostly the same. You'll have no apps though
>>
>>51705336
This
>>
>>51706989
A WP is the worst possible solution for grandma. It's actually more complex to use than android + more freezes/crashes. If pissing off an old person is what you want to achieve then by all means force them to use a shitty WP.
>>
>>51707042
Wangblows phone is never crashed on me when I used it in the cheapo lumia 530 with half a gig of ram and some crappy dual core cpu.

However you run lagdroid on a phone of similar specs and its bound to slow down and freeze or crash.
>>
>>51707074
[citation needed]
>>
>>51707074
Because it has no apps.
>>
>>51705336
pretty much this
>>
>>51707088
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.