[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So has there ever been bigger of a flop than the SP4/SB debacle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
So has there ever been bigger of a flop than the SP4/SB debacle?

>Significant battery drain during sleep (Some people report 50-80% during 8 hour sleep and messing with settings and configs leads it to be 1-2%/hour instead. Still warms up the bag.

>Constant GPU driver issues, crashes, failures

>Mechanical hinge on SB has started to wear out on people, store displays basically don't work after a month of release

>Connection problems and issues of the SB tablet and keyboard, random issues and crashes requireing a reset

>All review units of the device had a faster SSD (Much faster) than what they decided to put in the consumer versions that people bought

>Glass bends down whenever pressure is applied to it a la a pen so it's like writing on a plastic sheet rather than glass

>Some people have their screens literally bent, as in the device was't manufactured smooth and flat but had weird bends

>Win10 has serious problems with drivers, even doing shit to fuck up Surface Pro 3

>Still has serious throttling issues, people say the i7 version of the SP4 is maybe 20% better than i5 because it throttles almost immediatly upon use

All for $1000+ for the SP4 and $1600+ for the SB
>>
Most of these problems are reported on a few defective units. Also all driver issues have been resolved by updating.

All and all this is still 1,000x better than the ipad pro.
>>
>>51703253
Don't be a fucking lieing shill, it's rampant across the entire line of devices to the point where aanandtech themselves got a faulty device (Normally manufactureres would sub out lemons unless of course all of them do that).

And who brought up the ipad, what does shit eating have to do with your shit eating?
>>
>>51703190
how come new devices have driver issues with win10 when on my laptop from '09, it just werks?
>>
>>51703275
If it was rampant then microsoft would be recalling their entire fucking product line. They can't risk looking this bad.

There are always a few defective units during production, shit happens. This happens with all electronic products.

microsoft will refund your money if you got a defective unit. They all come with warranties.
>>
>>51703306
Mostly because they rushed drivers and so mistakes were bound to happen. The updates have fixed all of these problems though.
>>
>M$
>windows
>shit

why is anyone shocked?
I just tell plebs to buy Macbooks now.

M$ needs to fuck off and die already.
>>
File: macbook_fire.jpg (11 KB, 441x362) Image search: [Google]
macbook_fire.jpg
11 KB, 441x362
>>51703349
fapple isn't any better you know. So far I haven't heard of a surface pro's battery causing a house fire.
>>
Apple died with steve jobs
>>
File: 1447380655879.jpg (136 KB, 990x721) Image search: [Google]
1447380655879.jpg
136 KB, 990x721
The ipad pro.

This is coming from a macfag that owns a macbook retina.
>>
>>51703579
this
>>
>>51703579
Is the claims by microsoft on how surface is faster than a macbook pro true? It seems from the actual tests it's not nearly the case
>>
>>51704189
The i7 on the SP4 is incredibly powerful. It reaches close to 5,000 multi-core cpu points in passmark. So yeah the SP4 is faster than the macbook pro but only compared to the i5 version.
>>
>>51703190
I had a SP4 for a month and I didn't notice those problems that apply to the i5 model I had. Doesn't sound like they're widespread.
>>
File: ipad_pro_vs_surface_cuck.jpg (675 KB, 1650x2740) Image search: [Google]
ipad_pro_vs_surface_cuck.jpg
675 KB, 1650x2740
it's over guys. Microsoft is finished and bankrupt.
>>
Might as well build your own rig than deal with POS overheating laptop hardware.
>>
>>51703275
>>51703253
>>51703190
Samefag. Poo in the loo
>>
>>51704692
dumbass
>>
>>51704645

The issue with the pen on the SP3/4 is that it's n-trig and not Wacom. Support is getting better but it's no where near that of the SP1/2 pens.

Saying that at least you can open actual psd files on the SP, unlike the iPad which is only useful for casual work, sketching etc.
>>
>>51704645
They both have lag. I've tried both out in stores and both make me wanna vomit.

When the fuck are we gonna get lag free precision stylus input?
>>
>>51704913

>Let friend use graphics tablet
>Swirling the pen around
>Making huge fast strokes
>trying to write in their usual hand writing with literally 5 minutes experience
>"Eewww, anon these things are shit, how can you use one?"

There's a learning curve, you overcome that shit almost instantly. It's a different medium from paper and pen, stop expecting it to behave like reality.

90% of pen solutions are plenty fast these days, less lag is always desirable but there are MUCH better measures for what makes a good pen rather than "3ms lag, throw it in the trash"

Neither the iPad nor the SP are laggy in this regard.
>>
>>51703190
>So has there ever been bigger of a flop than the SP4/SB debacle?

1. This isn't a debacle by any sane metric.
2. Not by a long shot.
>>
>>51704990
>Neither the iPad nor the SP are laggy in this regard.
UUUU

I'm sticking to drawing on pen and paper and scanning later for now.
>>
>>51705076

If that suits your workflow then you don't need a tablet with the capabilities you're demanding.

I'll bet the issue you have with digitisers has nothing to do with the lag and is the lack of resistance on the glass (or lack thereof).
>>
It's not the fact that the SB/SP4 is a buggy POS

It's not even the fact that they're so expensive and still have issues that literally $200 brand new celeron laptops don't have and never worry about.

It's the fact that they blatantly lied about the fucking things in their press conferences

They said it was so much faster than the macbook air and even double that of the macbook pro with it's '2' processors which is not at all true

They said it does not throttle whatsoever which is not true

They said it has no trouble driving two 4k displays during a live demo, they then proceeded to not show it driving 2 displays because they knew it couldn't do it

They replaced the SSD with a much slower POS drive that even after a firmware update is still slower than the ones they gave to reviewers

They said that it was a feat of engineering on how it does not consume power while closed which is a damn lie as it consumes power like mad

M$ just lied straight to the users. Apple makes you eat shit but at least it just werks, Google spies on you constantly but at least it just werks but M$ who makes the hardware and the software just somehow can't handle it
>>
>>51703190

apple watch
>>
>>51706709
Proof that when a first gen lagdroid watch outperforms the applel watch is a sign that we need Steve back
>>
I really want to like the SP line. But the price for what you get just isn't their yet for me.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.