[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/reetings, i recently purchased a new gpu on cyber monday to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: MSI-R7-370-Gaming-Gaming-2G-ISO.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1516) Image search: [Google]
MSI-R7-370-Gaming-Gaming-2G-ISO.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1516
/g/reetings, i recently purchased a new gpu on cyber monday to replace my aging hd 4550, but when i put in my new card, an r7 370 4g into my A75A-G55 mother board my monitor receives no signal and the audible beep that usually signals a proper boot is absent. all the cables are properly plugged in, the card is seated, and the 600w power source should bwe enough to run the card properly. Ive checked all the forums that have similar problems and tried all of the offered solutions but nothing is working. i also tried the card on a friends computer and it worked fine. Is there anything you guys recommend?
>>
Did u try booting in safe mode? Is the monitor plugged directly into the back of the gpu? Lastly are u trying to connect via hdmi?
>>
>>51702653
i have tried booting in safe mode but the monitors get still get no signal.

yes the monitor is plugged directly into the back of the gpu

I have tried the hdmi, vga, and a dvi
>>
Does your cpu have integrated graphics? If so boot back in without the gpu and uninstall old drivers and reinstall the amd drivers. Then try again and see if it works
>>
What brand PSU do you have? From what it sounds like it seems like there isn't enough power to go around or you haven't installed the drivers before installing the card.
>>
>>51702923
power supply is a thermaltake
>>51702903
the cpu does have integrated graphics, ill give this a shot
>>
Try booting your old graphics card into bios, look for a setting like 'video graphics mode' and change it to legacy. Then install the 370.
>>
>>51702903
Bad drivers shouldn't prevent POST.
>>
File: 1205151158.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1205151158.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>51703169
I can't find anything like that in my bios where would something like that be here's a picture of the advanced me u of my bios
>>
>>51703372
if i had to guess integrated graphic devices?
>>
File: 1205151202.jpg (990 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1205151202.jpg
990 KB, 2048x1536
>>51703408
It brings me here if I select [peg] I can change it to [igd] which gives me another option beneath it that says integrated graphics with the options of force, auto, and disable I've tried disabling before and using the new gpu and the results are the same
>>
>>51703459
I decided to try this test again, I disabled the integrated graphics and selected [peg]. With the old card in it boots fine now I will try the new card
>>
>>51703521
Same problem as before, no output and the computer doesn't beep signaling a proper POST
>>
>>51703607
Maybe on your bios it's called 'PCI Rom Priority'. Try changing it to legacy.
>>
>>51702576
I had a similar issue before installing my r9 390, if you have uefi bios it might refuse to load due to the hardware change. There is a secure boot setting I believe I had to disable and then the card worked fine after that.
>>
>>51703674
I can't find anything
>>51703729
How would I go about doing something like that?
>>
>>51704028
So I went through and disabled every single thing that said uefi and I'm experiencing the same problem
>>
What cable are you using to connect the gpu to the monitor with? I am unfamiliar with the 370 itself but some other AMD cards have dvi connections that are digital only.
>>
>>51704438 I'm using a dvi cable
>>
>>51704518

As retarded as this sounds, have you tried using the other dvi port on the card?
>>
>>51704575
I have :( but I know they all work from testing them on my friends rig
>>
>>51702576
Fucking retard, turn ok comp without the gpu, install ur drivers, turn off pc, putt in gpu, turn on but this time ur vga or hdmi or whatever is in ur gpu. Viola
>>
>>51704620

If you get the chance, consider trying your friends psu in your system. My gut says your psu isn't providing enough power to the card, but pinning down issues like this can be tricky due to number of variables. Especially since you say you have looekd at your BIOS for shenanigans.
>>
>>51704673
Drivers won't affect the POST you dipshit
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.