[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chromecast vs Apple TV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 10335765687676456.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
10335765687676456.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
Wussup /g/
I'm in the market for a streaming device but not sure which one to get, mainly looking to stream games (clash of clans, vainglory, ect.) and watch some movies, was wondering if you guys could make the choice easier.
I already own a Nexus 6p and a Macbook so I'm kinda on the wire here.
>>
sell the nexus, get an iphone and an apple tv
go full /apple/
>>
>>51702556
thank you based anon
>>
>>51702556
>>51703157
>going full lockdown
Get the chromecast.
>>
>>51703270
>going full neckbeard
>>
>>51703329
>being an applekek
>calls people neckbeards on /g/
>>
>>51702556
is there a way to watch amazon's stuff on it? I was thinking of getting the roku because of this. Even though i don't use prime videos that much, I don't want to be locked out of it
>>
>>51704122
Amazon is a whole-nother Jew. Being an owner of both Apple TV and Chromecast, I would say the Apple TV has more use. You can use it with or without an additional device.
>>
>>51704707
thats why he should be looking into the nexus player
>>
>>51703270
at this point I prefer to hand over my info to apple than to google desu.
>>
>>51704056
He has no idea what a neckbeard is.
>>
>>51704784
OK icloud
>>
Chromecast will work with both the macbook and the 6p. Apple TV costs much more, and will only work with Certified Revolutionary Apple Products.
>>
>>51704122
Nope. Get this. Amazon pulled Chromecast and Apple TV from their site, claiming it's because they don't support Amazon's streaming services.
It's Amazon's responsibility to write application support for those devices, not Google and Apple.
>>
>>51704878
OK google
>>
>>51702518
>Chromecast
>$35
>can decode H.264 and VP8 with built in chip
>with the addon free app "Videostream", it can stream pirated H.264 (MP4/MKV) files from your computer to the stick with no need to re-encode.
>Can stream youtube to TV
>won't even show advertisements on youtube if you have adblock with chrome
>>
>>51708864

Does it have a remote control yet?
>>
>>51709109
The Nexus players do, not the chromecast.

Get a firetv if you need a remote.
>>
>>51703329
>Google
>neckbeard
Pick one
>>
>>51702518
get a nexus player if you need a 1080p player

Nvidia shield if you need 4k
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.