[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ram or mobo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 20151204_221159.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151204_221159.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Second z170a m5 mobo using 6600k and crucial ballistics ddr4 ram.

First one wouldnt post, would only post with sticks in 3/4, and will boot with one stick in the 2 slot. Wont boot in dual channel slot setups. Tested it outside the case, multiple psus. Second mobo gave me the EXACT same issue. Did i get two dead boards in a row? Also updated bios on both, adjusted voltages, no luck. Should i get a completely different mobo? Or perhaps its the ram? I dont know how it could be the ram though... it posted fine with one stick, tested both. Havent had a chance to try another type of ram, ddr4 isnt exactly laying around.

Stuck and dont know what to do, i am thinking a diff brand mobo would fix my issue, fuck msi?
>>
>>51701994
read the manual, make sure the ram is in the right slots like 2 and 4. check the website, make sure the ram is on the compatible list. if not, you dun goofed.
>>
>>51702376
Ram is on compat list. Called msi, they sounded like noobs who didnt know shit and said well its another doa...
>>
>>51701994

I spent like 30 mins one time trying to figure shit out, thinking I did everything right, including checking RAM

then I checked RAM very carefully and found that I did it wrong, and success.
>>
>>51702444
I just want to be sure that we buying a new motherboard isn't going to make me run to the same issue should I just buy new RAM as well and test? I just don't know how the RAM could be bad if I can get it to the bios with one stick, and both sticks, just not in dual channel slots 2/4, sticks in 1 and 2 didnt post however on both boards. I think the mobo is just a queer
>>
>>51702489
I tried every slot, can you not read? I know which slots are which, 1 in the 2 slot works, 1 in the 3 and 4 together works, 2/4 wont post, 1/2 wont post.
>>
>>51702552
What speed are you running your RAM at? Do you have XMP enabled?
>>
>>51702578
Tried with and without xmp enabled, does not fix the issue. Running at 2400
>>
Heres my ram

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Ballistix-PC4-19200-BLS4K4G4D240FSA-BLS4C4G4D240FSA/dp/B00MTSWG30?th=1&psc=1
>>
>>51702676
Strange. Built a computer with same CPU and chipset, would not post if I enabled XMP. Updating BIOS solved the issue. However, Windows occasionally freezes during startup, I think it's BIOS related...

Anyway, if you can get your hands on some RAM, try that. If that doesn't help my best guess would be that the motherboard is DOA.
>>
>>51702803
Man I'm so bummed that was a great deal to I have two of the same motherboard sitting here and I'm not sure if I should just get different RAM or just get a completely different board I guess I can take my ram over to my buddies house and trying in his PC to be sure before I order.
>>
>>51702856
If possible, try his RAM with your motherboard. It may sound weird, but sometimes the RAM just isn't compatible (even though there seems to be no reason for it to not work). Happened to me a few times.
>>
Ok buddy doesnt have ddr4 compat mobo, i am thinking ill run to best buy and pick up ddr4 to test, but if it dont work i dont know if best buy does refunds on those
>>
>>51703126
RAM might be quite tricky to return. Well, I wish you best of luck. Hope the RAM solves it..
>>
>>51702552
eat a dick you stupid faggit enjoy ur RMA
>>
>>51702676
Ya fughead, intel rates 6600K at ddr4 2133mhz, and your mobo is likely rated at 2133mhz too.
>>
>>51703418
Mobo can run a wide range of speeds, so can the cpu. You are retarded
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-05-21-50-06.png (181 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-05-21-50-06.png
181 KB, 1080x1920
>>51703907
Suck dick m8
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.