[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calling all Pc Master Race Just about to hit order on my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: fallout-4-protectron_1920.0.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-protectron_1920.0.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
Calling all Pc Master Race

Just about to hit order on my first gaming PC
Chosen the parts myself to stay within an £800 budget

>CPU Intel Quad Core i5-6500 3.20GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
>GPU: ASUS STRIX NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
>RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
>Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E
>Power Supply: 600w AeroCool Integrator Power Supply
>Case: AeroCool Aero-800 Windowed Midi Tower
>HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III HDD
>CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 21 CPU Air Cooler

What do you guys think?
First time doing this so give me a heads up if im about to rip myself off
>>
>>51700873
OP here
Forgot to mention I'll be looking at running games like GTA 5, Arma 2, Fallout 4, CSGO, Minecraft etc..
>>
>>51700873
Seems good to me fellow UK anon.
>>
>pc master race

back to reddit

>3.5 gb
>>
File: Speccy.png (44 KB, 792x564) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
44 KB, 792x564
>>51700971
This is my set up
>>
>>51700873
Don't cheap out on the power supply.

Do you enjoy burning money?
>>
video games... ftw... play them on the good console, the Gameing PC, and not on the bad console... epic...
>>
>>51700873
>Skylake
Nice meme

>600w AeroCool Integrator Power Supply
The fuck is that?
Get a proper one with at least Silver rating. Cheaping out on PSU is one of the worst things you can do.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>51701113
this, don't buy a fucking bending cpu

also get 16GB ram
>>
Don't get a shitty power supply, get a proper one.

I guess you know about the VRAM issue with the 970. It's still not a bad card, but you might want to look what AMD's got in the same price bracket.

You haven't got an SSD in there. Hard drives are slow, installing an SSD will give you faster boot times, faster load times in games and programs opening quicker. If you haven't got the money for it, consider making it your first upgrade.

>>51701091
lel
>>
Why get a Z chipset motherboard with a non overclock able cpu?
>>
>>51700873

You're going to rip yourself off

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4dVM99

900USD
>>
Ignore >>51701367

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/RtDG99

803£

Didn't knew there was a UK pcpartpicker
>>
>GTX 970 4GB
>Not GTX 970 3.5GB

how are they getting away with it?
>>
>>51700873
As others have said get another psu if possible. EVGA G2 is a good example. Switch 970 with a 390, overall slighty better card
>>
>>51701262
>don't buy a fucking bending cpu

Is that's a new AMD thing now? Sad.
>>
>>51700873
You need a good power supply. Ignore the no-name pieces of shit. Especially ignore ones that come with cases.

Seagate Barracuda has a bad reliability reputation. It might be okay in a home environment, but I suggest Western Digital Blue instead.

Get an SSD for the OS if you can afford one, makes a huge difference.
>>
>>51700873
get more than 8gb of ram. That amount is already starting to get a bit required for recommended. Also upgrade to an i7
>>
Your cpu doesn't support ddr4 3000mhz, I know because I've got it too. And strix 970 = great choice, fans stay off until 65°C, which is fucking awesome. Try to get a 500gb ssd instead of an hdd, that'll make your pc even more silent. And you don't need a cpu cooler, the 6500 keeps under 70°C on full load with the stock cooler, it does make more noise than brand cpu coolers though.
>>
Shit PSU
Shit CPU
Shit HSF
Shit RAM
Not enough RAM
No SSD

I can't give you any points for this, sorry, but you'll just have to take the zero. Try harder next time!
>>
>>51700873
I would recommend getting a small SSD. It's not super nessesary, but you'll thank yourself with boot up times and load screens in fallout 4 and newer games. Only install your OS and programs and games you use a lot on it.
>>
>>51700873
>>51705860
Also if your running a MC server, especially with mods, you might want more than 8gb of memory.
>>
>>51703011
No.... The skylake processors have been reported to bend under the weight of their own stock coolers. Don't assume everything that's wrong with technology is down to AMD.
>>
>>51701574
Edited this slightly,if you want a colour scheme go with his but if you dont care then http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/PVPjdC
>>
>>51700905
Seems like overkill for Arma FO4 CSGO and MC but that's not a bad thing if you're prepared to pay for it
>>
>he fell for the everything-by-Asus meme
>he fell for the Skylake meme
>he fell for the 970 meme
>>
>>51707063
>970
>bad
autism
>>
>>51707114
>3.5GB
>>
>>51707131
you can autism all you want but it runs everything i'd like it to
just because you found some fuck up in it that no normal person would every notice doesnt mean the card is bad, it does what its meant to do
>>
>>51707131
>implying it makes a difference on 1080p
>>
File: WHATSGOINGONHERE.jpg (12 KB, 346x246) Image search: [Google]
WHATSGOINGONHERE.jpg
12 KB, 346x246
>>51700873
>bendy tendy CPU
>3.5 meme GPU
>no name PSU that probably doesn't actually support up to 600w
>no ssd
>>
>>51707338
>>51707195
>never playing any battlefield ever
LOL, it fucks up every game you dipshit.

why do people try to make others waste their money on shit products just to continue funding shity marketing tactics, and shitty companies, which only will further produce more shit?

are you all just a bunch of shitposting shitters? like really now, we all know you're a bunch of sacks of shit. but there's no reason for you shits to shit all over every website because janitors/moderators are lenient with your shitposting.

just stick to the install gentoo shitposting, at least that way some dumbfuck isn't going to give a shit company his money which in turn causes more shit in an already stagnant market.

just look at what happened with all you faggots spamming, BUY 2500K!
now intel is going fullfaggot with their CPUbreaking motherboards, 30% jacked up prices for not even 5% increased performance, JUST FOR THE ABILITY TO OVERKEK. over twice the cost compared to AMD, yet not even 10% performance increase, and actually worse performance in shit that isn't an unoptimized piece of shit...
ya'll faggot millenials can't even shitpost correctly. disgusting to see how shit humanities future is.

idiocracy was right.
>>
Here you go, OP:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/CDYnxr

Bigger 240gb SSD, faster 2400mhz memory, better cooler on the 390, better motherboard (ASRock sucks ass quality wise) and £10 under budget.
>>
>>51700873
>600w power supply
Do you only plan on running Tonka trucks on that supply, anon?
>>
>>51700873
>>CPU Intel Quad Core i5-6500 3.20GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
Can't wait a few months for Zen?
>>GPU: ASUS STRIX NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
>>970
No. Fuck you. Get anything else, not the 970
>>Power Supply: 600w AeroCool Integrator Power Supply
The only PSU's you should ever buy are seasonic
>>Case: AeroCool Aero-800 Windowed Midi Tower
Wait, you're not just buying a not seasonic, you're using the one that came with your case.
Fork up another $60 and get a seasonic or fuck off.
>>HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III HDD
Why would you ever buy a 1TB? It's like $80 for 1TB or $100 for 2TB.
You're beyond help.
>>
>>51704514
Forgot Shit Mobo

ASUS Z170 mobos aren't that great, gigabyte is god tier right now
>>
>>51705944
Skylake don't even come with stock coolers you drooling retard, problem is reported with specific, custom "heavyweight" coolers.
>>
>>51700873
>Pc Master Race
>>>/v/
>>
>>51710375
except Noctua's

sauce : google
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.