[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do we get more qts interested in computer science?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: my ex-gf.jpg (309 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
my ex-gf.jpg
309 KB, 1280x1920
how do we get more qts interested in computer science?
>>
>>51699829
teach them Qt
>>
>3DPD
>>
>>51699829
Eliminate the males in the field completely and then run a 2-3 decade campaign that suggests CS is the best way to help the world's downcast and poor. Also, eliminate basically anything past the intro classes that would provide a challenge.
>>
Every transgender woman I know is a programmer or sysadmin. My advice is to start getting into dickgrills
>>
>>51699829
You don't. It's a fucking sausage fest for eternity.
>>
Give them full scholarships and preferential treatment in the admissions process, look the other way when they only barely pass their CS classes when their hands are held by the 100+ beta orbiters writing their programs for them, and then give them jobs right out of college where they don't actually contribute to projects or IT but sit around and bitch on twitter and github whenever they overhear someone make an off-color joke. Pay them $10k more than the actual programmers and IT personnel.
>>
>>51699915
where's the part where they become my gf
>>
alienate the autistic guys until they learn to take a hint and either leave the field or treat people less poorly
oh do you mean what can people on /g/ do?
i guess "take a hint"
>>
scholarships and special treatment doesn't really work

girls usually pick something related to what their girl friends choose, even if they like computer science, they are likely to be influenced by choices of their friends

that's why if you want more women

Computer Science should be grouped with other sciences instead of engineers (schools that do this have higher woman percentages)

there should be careers that focus on other subjects with the aid of computer science

for example: environmental science with computer aid

you learn the normal environmental science classes, but with some added computer science classes

eventually through these complimentary computer science classes, computer science is not seen as something "for mens only" or "geeks only", instead as skills that you might or not use in the future, like learning Composition even if you won't write an essay ever, or basic calculus if you will work as an actor
>>
>>51699829

Do you really want all the SJW shit they come with? Even if the qts are ok, the femi-hags that are jealous of them will still ruin things. Better to stay under the radar.
>>
>>51700240
>that's why if you want more women

Why would anyone want this? (except for this guy >>51700192)
>>
>>51700299
meant to reply to >>51700268
>>
>>51699829
Make it fun using visual models and abstract learning techniques. Learning by association is also a useful tool.

The mind is good at remembering events and information that was processed on a deeper more personal level. So best time to teach her computer science is while having sex with her, while she reaches climax, read her some SICP to condition her. Now she can only climax when you talk nerdy to her.
>>
File: 1449208748889.png (772 KB, 674x7920) Image search: [Google]
1449208748889.png
772 KB, 674x7920
We need more female sanitation workers, removalists and boilermakers first, that's where the real inequality is.
>>
>>51700357
lewd
>>
>>51700399
god damn, you could pull some major tail if you became a secretary or something.

Although aren't things like "secretary", "receptionist", "assistant", etc... just variations on a theme? I bet men self-report that they're assistants because "secretary" sounds feminine. It'd be like splitting up "flight stewardess" and "flight steward" and being like "OH LOOK 0% men and 100% men!!!!"
>>
>>51700498

Except that secretaries don't just work with other secretaries - they generally work for executives, and come into contact with far more people in other jobs than they do other secretaries.

Now, as a teacher, you probably could pull tail just by virtue of being a man. Probably also as a librarian - think about female-dominated occupations where the primary contact is with others in the profession.
>>
>>51699843
>mental illness
>>
>>51700535
>Except that secretaries don't just work with other secretaries - they generally work for executives, and come into contact with far more people in other jobs than they do other secretaries.
I was an intern at a place and the "office admin" had lunch with all the other "office admins" every day. It's true that she mostly spent her time liaising between tons of random people (so the gender split was probably closer to even than 98% women), but for the social time would be among women (the office admin I talked to was fun and we hung out occasionally, but I got the impression she didn't do that with full time employees).

I ruled out teaching because a male teacher generally creeps people out - no matter what your personality type, there's some cliche about you being a pedophile
>gay -> gay pedophile
>straight and socially normal, dating people, etc... -> grooming little girls
>straight and keep that shit private -> hiding something terrible
but you're right that aside from that, you could score tons of sex. If you looked halfway decent, I bet lots of bored housewives would be into the idea of a "parent teacher meeting" where she sneaks off to cheat on her husband with you. And that's saying nothing about divorced women, other teachers (which you mentioned), etc...
>>
>>51699829
The last thing you want is more women in your place of work. Does this really sound good to you? Do you really think it will increase your chances of getting pussy? Work relationships are awful ideas anyway. I'm not a misogynist, but an all male work environment is ideal.

>tfw women are allowed in all combat roles now
>tfw they are biologically inferior in combat roles
>tfw periods during combat missions
>tfw pregnancy during combat missions
>tfw destroying fraternal bond that is essential to effective combat
>tfw soldiers will die to appease the SJW crowd
>tfw all that POW rape

Sorry. I just had to let that out.
>>
>>51700589
>The last thing you want is more women in your place of work. Does this really sound good to you?
I don't mind the idea of our field not being the target of lots of accusations of sexism, evidenced right off the bat by there being a severe imbalance in gender ratios.
>>
>>51699829
>qts

I hate /r9k/ and its faggot memes so much.
>>
>>51700615
Those woman loving FAGGOTS
>>
>>51699829
Here's a better questions: how do we get the fucking faggot fartsniffers out of computer science. Getting real fucking tired of them desu.
>>
>>51700268
I know literally 0 women that study the same as their friends (that they met prior to education). The fuck are you talking about?
>>
Better question: how do we get more alpha males into CS?

women don't care about computer science. That's just how it is. But it'd be nice if everyone in the field wasn't a stereotypical autistic pussy who thinks the only way to meet a girl is by working with one for years, building up rapport until one late night in a moment of weakness she finally gives in and lets you fuck her.

Use OKC or something to find a chick who's into marketing or plays the piano or whatever the fuck women do with their time until they get married and quit their jobs to shit out kids.
>>
>>51699829

>"Where did all my good go?"
>Doesn't touch any bacon

What.... is she some kind of fucking communist?
>>
>>51699829
I have no idea how to do it.

> My experience:

In my university the CS department isn't really big. We only take new students once every year (instead once every semester like most of the other courses here). So it's like we have a batch of 3 to 5 new girls a year (out of 40 students). It's usually a really hot one (OP's pic related tier), a lesbian and the rest are ordinary to ugly.

The hot ones are usually already taken. But if they're not, Chad will take her within a week. The lesbian is in the same boat as the rest of the males. And ugly girls have dozens of beta orbiters. It's my 5th year as a CS student (and it's till 2 to go, if I'm lucky, hahaha), and I'm getting tired of the zoo cage smell from the male filled classrooms.

All I wanted was a CS student girlfriend. Is it too much to ask?
>>
>>51699915
They already do this.
>>
>>51700611
The accusations won't go away just because the gender balance gets closer to 50/50. You might as well embrace it and realize that people have different interests. It's not your fault that CS doesn't appeal as much to women.
>>
>>51699843
>arguing about 3d or 2d when woman just want 1 D
>>
>>51700856
/thread
>>
>>51699862
theres no such thing as a dick girl, only a guy with boobs
>>
>>51700589
>implying 4chan keks won't masturbate furiously to Mohamed pounding white women.
>>
>>51700611
Why do you care what SJW think? Let them accuse and pay it no mind.
>>
>>51700856
>sensiblechuckle.gif
>>
File: download.jpg (19 KB, 581x429) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
19 KB, 581x429
>>51700892
>Let them accuse and pay it no mind.
top tier advice.
>>
>>51699829
we don't
>>
Why would you? If they are qualified they can make a career anytime, no one stops them, but they don't want to. People saying this stuff like it's only IT lacking women. There aren't many female executives, engineers, analytics, doctors, professors, fucking cooks etc etc. Low-level teaching, service jobs, management and linear office positions are what most females are doing, because they are good at interacting with people and most of them don't even bother because it's much easier and more fun to find a rich husband, and that's what society encourages them to do from very birth, so why even bust your ass doing things unnatural to human mind for a living like build abstractions upon abstractions with tons of math in obscure computer language? I wouldn't bother if I were female too, suppose most men wouldn't. Those who want can do all kinds of things though, I know some girls in IT and there are female CEOs too.
One could also argue that female brain don't work the same but I don't think so, I suppose most of you met some high-placed females with knowledge and power, they are basically men with vagoo at that point, not because of their chemistry but because of how they were raised and how their life turned out, they are confident in a male way and don't show their girly side usually as opposed to showing it off like most other females everywhere.
>>
>be me white sysadmin male
>gf is trans csmajor
>both love anime and pretty girls
>both love feminine cock
I'm immune from all of this.
>>
File: 1370486161582.jpg (31 KB, 436x428) Image search: [Google]
1370486161582.jpg
31 KB, 436x428
>>51700779
>>51700642
turn it into a social field and scare the aspergers away

i honestly believe that the reason the computer security field has so many normal decent people is because 80% of the job is talking to clients
>>
File: 1357056497440.jpg (7 KB, 288x263) Image search: [Google]
1357056497440.jpg
7 KB, 288x263
>>51700815
just join a frat
>>
>>51701034
youre fucking gay that's what

you have a boyfriend and nothing more gayboy
>>
>>51700815
Why is it important to you to share the same major?

It sounds like you just don't want to out in any effort towards finding women who aren't just scattered along your daily path. Maybe go to a Meetup or something you little dork
>>
>>51701084
>Why is it important to you to share the same major?
not him, but it's honestly a lot easier to meet people if they share the same environment as you. I'm a grad student in CS and between research and whatnot I really don't have time to meet brand new people.

I mean I'm sure I could if I really wanted to put effort into it, but I remember in my undergrad you met all sorts of people in undergrad classes because there was lots of cross-over.
>>
>be living in an Arab country
>most CS courses are 70% female 30% male
>be pretty good at my classes with a > 3.9 GPA
>girls swooning left and right

feels good
>>
>>51701121
>>51701084
im just gonna throw this out there - but only being exposed to compsci autists is one of the most socially damaging things you can do to yourself

try to get involved on campus somewhere, or even >>51701058
>>
>>51701134
1) what? what does your university being in an arab country have to do with the gender ratio being lopsided in favor of women?
2) I can't think of any universities in the middle east that are noteworthy. while this is completely unrelated to your ability to get girls to swoon left and right, I feel bad that you're going to come out of a university with little to show for it.
>>
>>51701182
You're right about the first point.. and the second.

It's fun, tho.
>>
>>51701182
idk but it happens at my uni too. my uni is a big destination for oil babies and there's like a 70/30 proportion of women in compsci who are arab

i fucking hate working with them though, they all cheat and have a full blown cheating cartel with a texting hotline you can text during a test for help
>>
File: 7102012232216iwsmt.jpg (82 KB, 574x606) Image search: [Google]
7102012232216iwsmt.jpg
82 KB, 574x606
I think my graduating cs class had about 10 women and 70 or so guys. I don't see anything wrong with that, the sexes have different interests, who cares.

Honestly the women weren't bad students, if anything they were better students than a lot of the guys. They would show up every class whereas most of the guys would skip every class that made sense to skip, especially during the final two years. I only talked to them a few times but they seemed to be actually into the subject and had "guy interests" like video games, one of them wore an Assassin's Creed hoodie every single day.

If you really want to know who bullshitted a lot of their work, it was the immigrants. They would cheat, regularly, and whenever the school caught one of them, they would find out that 10 more were involved. They had groups on Facebook which were set up to share work.

A lot of them had a "succeed at all costs" mentality. I didn't cheat because I figured if I was too fuckin' dumb to figure something out, I would rather just take the shit grade than put in the "work" to cheat, because a shit grade is what I deserved. It was 50% scout's honor and 50% not giving a fuck at the end of the day about some largely arbitrary GPA number.
>>
>>51701215
>they all cheat and have a full blown cheating cartel with a texting hotline you can text during a test for help

that is true and infuriating. Though I (and all the other high achievers) don't cheat.
>>
>>51700240
>autistic
>take a hint
Anon...
>>
>>51701288
they got balls too, ive seen them get out their phones in the middle of tests to look shit up

͏ ͏ ▲
▲ ▲
>>
http://www.progettonerd.it/
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.