[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any worthwhile "apps" for this thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: chromebook.jpg (47 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
chromebook.jpg
47 KB, 1000x1000
Are there any worthwhile "apps" for this thing?
>>
install gentoo
>>
remove chromeos and install linux and don't look back

i was able to emulate even the psp on that thing and play with a usb controller at full speed on my acer c720
>>
Gentoo
>>
if you don't want to open the back up: crouton.
if you don't mind: install a real operating system.
>>
I dont get why everything has to copy apple.

At work I have to work with this shitty iMac, I could be 5 times more efficient if they would give me anything else.
>>
No but you can install ubuntu on a chromebook.
>>
>>51698854
Because normies like shiny stuff to show off to other normies
>>
>>51698775
>Crouton
>Chrubuntu
>Chrome Remote Desktop

I had a samsung arm chromebook, and it was great till I broke the screen after taking it with me everwhere I went for the last 3 years.

Now I have an Acer Chromebook, with the nvidia k1 quadcore with 192 cuda cores, 4 gigs of ram and a 2.5k screen (which they say is only 1080p, but can actually go higher).

I'm happy.
>>
OP here

Its actually the asus chromebook flip.

Does all this still apply?
>>
>>51698929
yup
>>
File: BXycKwY.jpg (238 KB, 860x1152) Image search: [Google]
BXycKwY.jpg
238 KB, 860x1152
>>51698775
>buying a laptop with a locked bootloader that won't let you install another OS
>>
>>51699001
What? This is a chromebook not a macbook air.

I've managed to install Android, fedora, and ubuntu on my chromebook. If you can't do it, well, that's a personal problem.
>>
>>51699038
>tfw you can't get the bios lock screw out to install a real OS because that thing is fucking IN there.
Someday I will find a decent screwdriver, someday.
>>
>>51698775
Crouton.

I use my chromebook with a crouton unity desktop to write shitty c code for programming classes. If it has ARM build you can get it. If you wanna be an elitist fuck like everyone else you can just not do what you're doing and install gentoo
>>
>>51699139
Turn it counter clockwise...
Use an xacto blade
>>
File: autism diagnosis.png (35 KB, 531x604) Image search: [Google]
autism diagnosis.png
35 KB, 531x604
>>51699001
I've installed Lubuntu on mine.
>>
>>51699166
crouton works on x86 chromebooks too, just as an fyi.
>>
>>51699038
the fuck are you talking about? the bootloaders on chromebooks are locked and you need to flash the bios to install another OS. seabios is still broken on most bay trail chromebooks and it's been like a year
>>
>>51699259
Your doing it wrong.
Have you considered doing it the proper way instead?
>>
>>51698826
but chrome os is gentoo
>>
>>51698775
chromebook + kubuntu = sex with supermodels
>>
>>51699792
Isn't it too heavy?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.