[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyway to decode weird text files like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: SuspA24.png (104 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
SuspA24.png
104 KB, 1680x1050
Is there anyway to decode weird text files like this?
>>
it's probably not a text file
>>
Yes.
>>
That's not a text file. Linux could've told you what it really is though through the file command.
>>
>>51697137
just kek that shit up nigger
>>
>>51697156
Don't you mean ``GNU + Linux''?
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/file.htm
>>
>>51697137
upload it, I'll decode it for oyu
>>
I found it while rummaging around some program folder. It has something to do with the licensing, and I found some registry file that has the same text as that file.

I was just curious about how the program knew, even after reinstalling it, that I had installed it before and its trial period had expired.
>>
>>51697156
Are you going to pretend that you can't do that on Windows?
>>
Print it off, shred it, cover the shredded pieces in natural olive oil and stick it up your ass.

After a few hours the ink will soak in to your rectal lining and in to your blood stream causing you to have an epic hallucination where the document will all become clear to you.
>>
Are you using AIM? What the fuck?
>>
>>51697204
http://www.megafileupload.com/ic9Q/SuspA24.txt
Here you go

>>51697252
Is cheap vegetable oil a good alternative?
>>
$ file SuspA24.txt
SuspA24.txt: data

$

wow

WOW!

So, helpful, Linux!

So glad I chose Free As In FreeDom OS.
>>
>>51697273
Yep.

>>51697307
Well shit... I'm not too surprised though, it's some weird file the program spits out to monitor it's licensing.
I was just trying to figure out how the program kept track of its trial period even after I uninstalled it.
Oh well, I guess I'll just start using infinite virtual machines.
>>
>>51697356
Check registry. Also there's a program that lets you track changes to registry and filesystem that another program makes. That could be useful.
>>
>>51697252

And also Olive Oil is great for the skin!
>>
>>51697367
I've been trying with a program called Process Monitor, and the most promising thing I ran into was a registry that had the same jumbled text as the one I posted. What's strange is when I did a fresh install on my other computer, it didn't have that registry file.

I'll skim through them again tomorrow. Hopefully I can find something.
>>
>>51697422
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/tracking-registry-and-files-changes-when-installing-software-in-windows/
>>
>>51697137
Looks like a damaged/corrupted file desu senpai
>>
Oh fuck, I just figured it out.
So, I deleted that registry file I found, uninstalled the program, deleted the files and folder it left behind. Then I reinstalled it and I'm back in trial mode. Messing with that .txt file is probably the only way to get out of trial mode forever though, which is probably going to be impossible. Reinstalling is quick so I'm fine with that.

>>51697429
Fuck, that would've saved me about an hour of skimming I did with the program I used. Thanks, I'll bookmark this.
>>
File: 1402344415990.jpg (119 KB, 364x457) Image search: [Google]
1402344415990.jpg
119 KB, 364x457
>>51697252
>>
>>51697273
>2015
>Not using AIM
>>
>>51697367
>Also there's a program that lets you track changes to registry and filesystem that another program makes. That could be useful.
how is it called?
>>
>>51698691
http://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/
>>
>>51697429
Cool site. Thanks.
>>
File: supahot.gif (423 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
supahot.gif
423 KB, 600x338
>>51697307
>SuspA24.txt: data
>>
>>51697521
have you actually mentioned the name of the program at all yet? I'm looking for it to run it through ida and find out what makes it tick.
File makes a bit more sense if you run it through a hex editor.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.