[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android BitTorrent client
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
Flud or tTorrent /g/?
>>
Flud

should i be concerned that my captcha was my birthdate?
>>
I use flud and its a charm. Simple, straightforward, you can opt for files to dl easily,all the likes.
Came from kat unofficial app, but they got raided or something and I've used flud ever since.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-05-04-35-49.png (36 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-05-04-35-49.png
36 KB, 720x1280
My eyes don't burn
>>
>>51696495
never tried ttorrent but flud was pretty based tbph with you senpai
>>
Why would you torrent on an Android device?
>>
>>51696988
This?
>>
>>51696988
Because he is edgy
>>
Holy shit, haha.
>>
>>51696495

Use ttorrent and have no complaints.

Don't know if that Flud thing can do it but ttorrent had option to dl into internal phone memory and then move file to sd card which is quite helpful.

Directly downloading to sd card is much slower since most of the cheap sd cards have shit random write performance.
>>
>>51697179
>implying you're downloading torrents faster than 60mB/s
>implying you're even downloading faster than class6 speeds

class10 is literally the same price as everything below it
>>
>>51696495
Neither, both aren't available outside of the Google play store or open source. And Torrenting on typical Android devices doesn't really make sense (yet).

Moreover:
"The [tTorrent] Lite version has ads, and the maximum download speed is 250kb/s."
http://www.ttorrent.pro/download
>>
>>51696530
no
and no.
>>
>>51697474

Random not sequential writes, class only defines sequential write speed.

My class 10 or so sd can't go over 400-500 kb/s random writes while internal phone memory goes much much higher (sony z3).
>>
I thought they were both open-source?
>>
>>51697928
Flud is based on the open source libtorrent library, but Flud itself is not open source AFAIK. tTorrent is freemium
>>
Flud 4 lyfe
>>
File: whatsapp.png (62 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
whatsapp.png
62 KB, 300x300
Is WhatsApp open-source software?
>>
>>51698195
Are you being serious?
>>
>>51698216
yes
They have a page on the official website stating that WhatsApp was developed from open-source software. They don't state if it continues to be O-S.
>>
>>51698195
>>51698227
WhatsApp is proprietary software: https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/

Specifically:
"A. Subject to your compliance with these Terms of Service, WhatsApp hereby grants you permission to use the Service, provided that: (i) your use of the Service as permitted is solely for your personal use, and you are not permitted to resell or charge others for use of or access to the Service, or in any other manner inconsistent with these Terms of Service; (ii) you will not duplicate, transfer, give access to, copy or distribute any part of the Service in any medium without WhatsApp's prior written authorization; (iii) you will not attempt to reverse engineer, alter or modify any part of the Service; and (iv) you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service and Privacy Policy."
>>
This kills the flash memory.
>>
>>51698596
All operations on flash memory wears it out.
>>
>>51696495
I use flud, dl speed is trash, I think my SD card is getting rekt from the p2p connections, ant fix?
>>
Should I switch to ttorent to fluid?? I download stuff into my sd
>>
>downloading torrents on your phone
>>
>>51699218
Why are you using a BitTorrent client on your Android device in the first place?
>>
>>51699332
Cuz y not m8

I just use it for music and movies on the go
>>
>>51699332

I torrent comics straight onto my phone's SD card while it's charging on my bedside table. It's convenient.
>>
>2015
>ttorrent
>torrenting on a phone at all, for that matter
>>
>torrenting on phone
>lagdroid

#justpoorfagthings
>>
>>51696988
Why not?
>>
neither, qbittorrent web ui on remote server
>>
>>51699553
This
>>
i have the pro versions of ttorrent and flud

i preffer flud
>>
>>51696988
> Turn on Flud on my tablet
> Sequential downloading because fuck you
> While it DLs send to botnetcast
> Enjoy my day
>>
>>51699151

You can't DL directly to shitty cheap SD card as mentioned above. DL to internal memory and then setup torrent client to move it automatically to SD card after completion. SD card is too slow with random writes torrent client needs.
>>
>>51699332

I DL movies directly to phone and watch them them on TV over dlna.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.