[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question: Can stereo CD players play DVDs with mp3s? My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: CD-rw[1].png (280 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
CD-rw[1].png
280 KB, 512x512
Quick question: Can stereo CD players play DVDs with mp3s?

My stereo deck in my truck has a CD player. On the front panel it says mp3 and wav or some other audio format. If I put mp3 files on a DVD RW can I play music on it, or will the stereo deck ONLY play CDs?

I ask because I have some blank DVD RWs but no CD RWs to put music on. The local radio stations are shit and I'd like to have some decent music for driving.
>>
File: 2015-12-04 21.26.04.png (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-04 21.26.04.png
2 MB, 1280x960
>>51693780
This is the stereo deck in question.
>>
>>51693780
>>51693780
I don't think so, only cd's mate.
>>
File: swtmvsx.jpg (69 KB, 666x570) Image search: [Google]
swtmvsx.jpg
69 KB, 666x570
>>51693780
>using physical media
>mfw
idunno i guess you can try and see, if not you only wasted like .10 cents
>>
>>51693908
you have an aux jack and a usb port, it can probably play mp3s off a usb stick so why not do that?
>>
File: itdontmatter.jpg (53 KB, 599x489) Image search: [Google]
itdontmatter.jpg
53 KB, 599x489
This has to be bait......

Not no but hell no. How in the world did you even find this place. Go to bed.
>>
>>51693976
if you can do this
load your music on a 12v >1TB external Drive
for power:
>http://amzn.com/B0016LG0CY
>>
>>51693908
if this is just a similar stereo and it doesn't have a usb/aux port, see if it has analog audio ports on the back. if it does, take an analog to 3.5mm cord and run it through the dash and down the center console then drill a hole in the ash tray or something and then run it through that.
>>
>>51693908
Just get a keep usb hard drive or a flashdrive and play the mp3's off that, worked just fine on my friends deck he had a sony though, I think it could also play playlists not to sure.
>>
>>51693976
So you're suggesting I buy a flash drive and just leave it plugged in, sticking out of the dash? Why not get a CD and put it inside the dash out of view?
>>
>>51694489
because cds are old tech. and you don't have to leave it plugged in all the time.
>>
>>51693780
CD players can not read DVD's. Purchase blank CD's and burn a data disc with mp3's in the format your player supports.
>>
>>51694489
they make soem fucking small usb drives. you could get one that stick off only a couple millimeters.
>>
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/393694/Kenwood-Kdc-248u.html?page=8#manual
>>
>>51693908
>usb
>aux

Smh
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.