[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such a thing as a good home office printer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: HP_DeskJet_500.jpg (217 KB, 1189x808) Image search: [Google]
HP_DeskJet_500.jpg
217 KB, 1189x808
Is there such a thing as a good home office printer?
>>
>>51693316

Most of them at this point. Pic related wasn't fantastic. Though pretty good for the time.
>>
>home office
Why? What do you find faulty or unsatisfactory in current models?
>>
In my experience, no. You need a office/professional grade laser printer or don't bother.

I don't print enough to justify the cost, however. I go to the library to print on the rare occasions I need a hardcopy. Or do it at work.
>>
>>51693316

The Brother HL-3170CDW.

Wireless, color, full-duplex laser printer with AirPrint support. What's not to like?
>>
>>51693316
Inkjet: HO 8600 series, ink lasts 2300 pages

Laser: New HP lineup
>>
>>51693346
>>51693353
They waste ink like mad and suffer from horrendous planned obsolescence. I want the GTX 9800 of printers, the F-91W of printers. All of them I see are cheap shit designed to scam people into buying overpriced ink.
>>
You can get a great black-and-white laser printer for not very much.

I've been very happy with my Brother HL-2170w from six or so years ago.
>>
>>51693439

>Inkjet

Never again. I kept losing inkjet printers to clogged print heads, and what's worse, I'd often end up wasting ink just trying to unclog them. Fuck inkjet printers forever. Just pay double for an entry-level laser printer. You won't regret it.

>>51693452
>All of them I see are cheap shit designed to scam people into buying overpriced ink.

They are exactly this. Don't EVER buy printers that are marketed to any buyer smaller than a small business.
>>
>>51693421
>Brother

Brother have some of the cheapest generic carts if you're looking for higher volume. Though anything with individual CMYK cartridges will be good if you need to print in color.
>>
The Epson inktank 2550 printer is pretty decent, photo quality is sub-par, but with the amount of use I'll get out of one set of bottles it doesn't really matter since I don't do professional stuff.
>>
Yes, but it's called "a business class printer that you put in your home".

any printer product with the word home in it is going to suck.

>home
>home office

You may stare at the word office, but the word home is still a part of the title, and it will therefore suck. Home office printers are still consumer shit and built to die after 7 months. Imagine being at this factory, and having the product say "Home", then writing in sharpie, "office" after that word.

You also need to invest in a laser printer. Laser monos brand new aren't more than $30 more than their inkshit counterparts. Laser toner never dries out and is cheaper in the long term. Color laserjets can be expensive but again are worth it in the long term investment.
>>
buy a Ricoh laser printer, good hardware, tonner is inexpensive.

and dont print photos at home thats a HUGE waste
>>
>>51693316
Get a laser printer with an ethernet port that speaks PostScript or PCL.
>no driver issues
>no wifi, USB, or parallel port issues
>>
>>51693868
Can I buy a business class printer for less than an arm, a leg, and my left testicle?
>>
No.
>>
Is the consensus that all consumer printers are trash, but laser printers are less trash, so if you have to have one, get a laser printer?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.