[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't morons use screen protectors and cases? All my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
Why don't morons use screen protectors and cases? All my friends have chipped fucking screens...
>>
>>51693303
>All my friends
Leave.
>>
>>51693303
More along the lines of "why cant literally everyone I know hold on to their expensive shit?"

Everyone I know has completely shattered phone screens (even the ones who bought otterboxes/lifeproofs) and laptops with broken shit.

Meanwhile ive never even damaged much less destroyed any electronic device.
>>
>>51693352
At least I have friends
>>
Carelessness. They just don't give enough of a damn about the life of the device.
>>
>>51693303
>owned Asus zenfone2
>added tempered glass, phone case
>butter fingers, drop that fucking bricks
>tempered glass chipped
phone these days just too dang huge, just cant wait for flip-phone to make a comeback or just straight on google glasses
>>
>>51693577
There are modern Android flipphones. Google it, friend.
>>
Now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen an iPhone without a cracked screen
>>
>>51693486
Don't be proud. Having faith in others is a sign of weakness. Trust no one.
>>
>>51693577
>zf2
poor choice mang

i own one too, im beginning to really despise it. been using it for the past 6 months. its god awful so much bloat
>>
>>51693303
i don't use either, screen doesnt have a sratch, only damage is some chips on the plastic frames. you have to be a retard to drop your phone on something that would break it.
>>
>used only a tempered glass screen protector
>friend throws phone out of my hand because he wanted to see a picture I wasn't showing it
>cracks the protector
>"It's your fault because you should have gotten a case."
>>
>>51693303
I work at a phone repair shop.

The shit I've seen I don't even understand how it could happen sometimes.
>>
>>51695441
are you 12?

why?
more business for you.
>>
>>51694889
true comedy
>>
>>51694895
virgin/10
>>
File: edgeville.png (24 KB, 289x259) Image search: [Google]
edgeville.png
24 KB, 289x259
>>51694895
>>
>>51693577
>>51695441
>>added tempered glass, phone case
>used only a tempered glass screen protector

Hate to break it to you folks, but "screen protectors" are 100% snake oil.
The glass ones especially, they're made of such shitty glass, they'll not only break from impacts that wouldn't do anything to the display glass, but they're far softer and actually scratch more too.
>>
Same, I legitimately don't understand how everyone cracks their screens.

Among all the random drops and shit since I'm a butterfingers, heres some of the stuff I've done:

Dropped phone in a parking lot and kicked it mid-fall making it fly through the air and slide several feet across the concrete

I keep my phone between my legs while I drive and sometimes forget it's there so when I get out it falls. My phone fell down to where the door shuts and I closed my car door on it. This has happened twice.

Phone fell out of pocket and I rolled a pallet jack over it

Phone fell out of pocket and fell 8 ft onto concrete off a scissor lift

My 4s has been in the same otterbox for 3 years, and the only thing wrong with it is a small chip on the corner of my case. If otter boxes are retard proof enough to protect my phone from me, theres no reason everyone shouldn't own one at such a low price point.
>>
File: iphone6case-uag2.jpg (117 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
iphone6case-uag2.jpg
117 KB, 640x478
I got one of these cases for my Note 3, and a good Spigen glass protector. Phone looks perfect after 2 years, not a single scratch.

My roommate put cheapo generic glass protectors on his S4, and has broken 2 of them in about a month. At least the screen seems to be okay, so that's what matters.
>>
>>51693303
because they're morons, duh
>>
>>51693303
Never cracked a screen in my life.

Feels good man. I'd frog post but my last phone had a defect so now I have no pictures.

>inb4 I broke it
Capacitive buttons failed randomly so I rma'd it.
>>
>>51696099
Not scratching the screen glass is a big plus.

New glass costs $holyfuckingshit, especially on ones where the glass is laminated to the display.
Screen protectors cost almost nothing, and glass ones finally feel nice to touch.
>>
>pays mad ammounts of money on a slim smartphone
>ruins it by putting on a 5 dollar shit case from ebay
>>
I have a glass screen protector on my iPhone. Works great. :^)
>>
>>51696099
Well it's certainly better then nothing. And no shot they will break from impacts. The whole point is to protect your actual screen. If it does that, it's done its job.
>>
File: 1368557478241.jpg (9 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1368557478241.jpg
9 KB, 218x265
>>51693303
>never used a screen protector
>stopped using phone cases
>all pants have shitty little pockets so phone barely fits
>mfw has never had a chipped screen nor a single deep scratch
>>
>>51693303
Still using my Iphone 1 haven't replaced the screen, not a single scratch dint or chip.

Haven't replaced the battery it lasts about a week.

You've just got to know how to look after things and optimize it to prevent power drains.
>>
After a certain point or care, it's down to luck really. My poor sgs3 was used in all manner of horrible places and dropped or launched plenty of times onto concrete and metal surfaces. Had scuffs and tiny irrelevant crack in the corners of the glass but the observable screen was still pristine. Untill one day it slid gently from my car seat onto the pavement and took it's final impact shattering the glass in one corner with tendrils struck across the bottom and left side of the screen.

Still works and still using it though.
>>
File: ridemyown.jpg (38 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ridemyown.jpg
38 KB, 600x400
>>51694895
i dont trust these hoes, so i ride my own dick.
>>
I just got a Galaxy Note 4, I'm being very careful with it but I'm afraid of it breaking as soon as I drop it.

The phone is already pretty big, should I still put a case on it? If you have a Note 3/4/5 do you have a case on it?
>>
>>51693469

same, what are people doing to their phones that is smashing them?

im willing to risk cancer of the dick so i carry mine around in my trouers pockets and if i take it out and need to put it down i place it on the table or desk or whatever
i dont drop it or chuck it

the worst i do is occasionally throw my phone onto my bed where its cushioned by the semen spatters

bunch of cavemen out there bashing their phones on rocks to get them to work or what?
>>
>>51694895
You've watched too much House, Pseudo Sociopath.
>>
>>51698112
It's easy if you never leave your parent's basement
>>
meh. phones are disposable technology. I never spend more than $180 brand new (without contract). By the time it breaks it's probably a good time to upgrade anyway.

Screen protectors are like those people who leave the plastic on their TVs and DVD players. Totally ghetto.
>>
cases add to much bulk and screen protectors only last for a short period of time until they peel off. The small scratches that the phone develops have no effect when the screen is actually on so idgaf.
>>
The only time I cracked a screen was in a nexus 7. I don't even know how I did it. Just found it cracked in my bag.
>>
>>51696354
How the fuck do people drop their phones so many times, fucking cunts
>>
>>51697832
>muh looks, muh paper thinness
Kill yourself
>>
>>51703985
see >>51701293
>>
>>51704049
nice joke 420/360 would meme again xD
>>
>>51700424
/thread
>>
>>51700424
I had a droid turbo and I propped it up against a chair leg on my patio while I was trying to kill a black widow. It was on its side when it tipped over and that 1.5" of fall was enough to shatter the screen. I can only imagine it fell on a super sharp rock at the perfect angle, because I've dropped my phone multiple times and at worst a little bit of the plastic casing would chip off.

Dropping your phone is pure luck. The glass screen is a trade off of hardness vs flexibility. A hard screen wont get scratched in your pocket, but is more likely to shatter. A more flexible screen will scratch, but not shatter. That being said, I guess a soft screen with a screen protector is the best way to go.
>>
>>51693469
To be fair, accidental drops can happen to anyone. It only takes one moment of lowering your guard to fuck your shit up.

Having said that, my S3 has a case with corners that protrude so that even if I do drop the phone it's not directly on my screen. But in 3 years of ownership I've only dropped it a few times with enough force or on the right surface to make me genuinely concerned that it may have broken. But besides a massive chip/scratch on one of the corners of the case, it's still in good shape.
>>
>>51693303
I have hard Corning glass in front of my $120 Xiaomi device. Dropped it many times, no fractures whatever.

And the scratches after years of use are like, far smaller than hairs. Not a problem.

Basically, get a not shit phone. And then try to maybe drop it less for additional safety... but the not shit phone part solves your issue with screens.
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (26 KB, 767x406) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
26 KB, 767x406
>>51694895
> being this autistic
>>
I don't drop my shit like a nigger.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 800x450
>>51693303
Up until a week ago I would tell you that I don't break my shit and to tell you all to take care of your shit.

That is until pic related happened last week.

3 month old Samsung Galaxy S6 Active fell out of my pocket on a porch, tumbled down a flight of outdoor stairs, slid out of a crevice on the porch and fell another 1.5 stories. Destroyed the screen, phone won't ring when a call is placed to it and I know I shattered the camera lens.

Funny thing is, I put my SIM card into my old nexus 5(retired due to shitty battery, speakers stopped working and camera is broken) and I'm debating buying a refurbished one now. It's got marshmallow and its fucking zippy as far as speed and marshmallow fixed the battery issue. Samsungs bloat ware made the s6 active quite laggy.
>>
>>51693303
>why do people carry around $700 devices litterally made out of glass

fuck smartphones
>>
>>51706896
This.
>>
>>51706896

Spending s>hitloads of money on a prettier note 4 with a complete dearth of features that slavishinly copies apple

Kill yourself. the s6 isnt worth csmashing
>>
>>51694895
I love how everyone is hating on you. After a year in personal finance and taxation I have experienced that 50% of people are greedy fucks who would sell off their own child to make a buck. You're not far off with no one but don't be so closed off.
>>
it actually seems to only be a problem for expensive phones. all my budget phones, never more than 200 dollars completely paid off, could dasily survive 5 foot drops onto concrete while the newest flagship phone hardly keeps its form in a pocket let alone falling 4"

>>51702471
too bulky? an extra millimeter is too bulky? what the fuck are you doing to your screen protectors for them to last so shortly?

>>51704510
actually most people have pockets which actually serve their purpose
>>
Probably
>>
>>51708834
Which is why you drop thatshitty 50%
>>
>>51696184
>I keep my phone between my legs while I drive

...why?
>>
>>51693303
gorilla glass is kinda strong, I can live without one.
>>
>>51699740
Nexus 6 owner here

I got a tempered glass protector and a glass case immediately. Big phones fall out way too much and since they're heavier, the impact will be larger.

Don't take chances, anon.
>>
>work in a place that has the same texture as those awful popcorn ceilings except on the floor
>have tempered glass and case
>moto g still didn't survive a face down fall

I'll replace it eventually. It's only on the bottom left of the screen and I'm too cheap to get something new.
>>
>>51709213
Don't give me that crap, senpai. One moment of not paying attention and you've not put it into your pocket properly. Rare, sure, but I've done it 3 times in 3 years. that's more than enough to wreck the screen.
>>
>owned phone for years and years
>never owned any sort of protection
>drop it constantly, like once or twice a month
>paint is all chipped
>screen looks almost like new

Fucking Chinkplastic.
>>
>>51702471
Tempered glass screen protectors, 5 dollars for a 2 pack and they last literally forever, screen still feels normal too, not all sticky and nasty like a plastic one.
>>
>>51693303
Because I'm not a retard. I've had my Moto G 2nd gen for 1 year now and it's like new. I'm not gonna ruin its aesthetics and bloat it with covers and shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 670x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 670x670
>>51713884
>Moto g
>aesthetics
Lmao I'd be covering that bitch in cases so nobody could see how fucking poor you are
>>
i've had my 4s since 2012, never used a case or screen protector for it and i have no cracks or scratches on it (well, the only ones it does have are those superficial ones that you have to angle it with in certain light to see).
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.