[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I find myself distracted a lot, going on facebook and gmail subconsciously.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1449102399868.jpg (65 KB, 733x540) Image search: [Google]
1449102399868.jpg
65 KB, 733x540
I find myself distracted a lot, going on facebook and gmail subconsciously. I can't focus on my projects.

Is there something I can use to disable the internet minus looking up things to help me?

pic not related.
>>
>facebook
off yourself, then you'll never waste time again.
>>
>>51690359
>not using self control
>>
>>51690372
>>51690384
t h i s
b
h

ditch facebook, use email only for business and online purchases and accounts

get some self control
this isn't a technology problem, this is a user problem
>>
Google for extensions that block "time wasting" sites.
>>
willpower
>>
Well, either get an Adderall prescription or find someone who sells it. Problem solved
>>
>>51693759
or stop being a pansy beta Millennial and become like your grandparents from WWII and just suck it up buttercup.
>>
Helped me through college
>>
>>51695527
That's a lot of fucking tomatoes you need to eat every day
>>
>>51695590
It's very healthy. It gives you your daily intake of water and fruit nutrients.
>>
>>51695590
The goal of "pomodoro" is to finish the task before you're sick of eating tomatoes. It's an old technique to enhance productivity.
>>
>>51695527
The Online Timer and Persevy are great for this.

>>51690359
If you're using Firefox, try to set some Tab Groups for your needs. Otherwise, try getting some parental control tools and setting specific times for certain websites (facebook, gmail, etc).
>>
>>51690359
If on Firekek, install Leechblock. That's what I use to block websites with. If you're on Chrome I believe there was a port of Leechblock made by some Pajeet that's available in the store.
>>
>>51690359
despite what you've said, the pic is actually related because you have the brain + attention span + will power of a dumbfuck teen girl
>>
>>51690359
Short attention span.
Produced by intensive use of computers.
With a PC you frequently switch between activities (while something is loading you do something else, then you get back etc), and the brain adapts to this. WIth real life acting like this is quite fucked up and you find yourself not capable of doing the same activity for more than 5 minutes without interruptions or you get nervous when you have to wait doing nothing for like 15 minutes.
This has drawbacks with sticking with a project or task that requires constancy.
Quit using facebook and socials or reduce them significantly and make frequent pauses while at work on the PC, like the 20-20-20 rule but for the whole brain. Worked for me.
>>
>>51692477
And how you get self control?
>>
Anyone replaced socialization with 4chan? I fall into a depression if I'm not lurking or posting after a while
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.