[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeking immediate creative assistance /g/ Whats the most creative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: logocansat.jpg (62 KB, 737x574) Image search: [Google]
logocansat.jpg
62 KB, 737x574
Seeking immediate creative assistance /g/
Whats the most creative rocket payload experiment you can think of? Me and some pals are in a competition where the goal is to make the coolest, most awesome, sciency experiment.

There rules are as following:
-Payload must fit in a soda can
-Flight time is restricted to under 120 seconds
-No hazardous materials, like flammable, explosive, corrosive, ect.
-No biological materials (its vague where the line goes here)

Mind that it needs space for an arduino or similar microcontroller and sensors + battery. the experiment is supposed to be observed only through the microcontroller via a telemetry downlink.

Hit me with your best shot /g/ we need ideas
>>
File: CanSat-image-1.jpg (48 KB, 400x445) Image search: [Google]
CanSat-image-1.jpg
48 KB, 400x445
pic related, also forgot to mention the rocket will only go 1000m up
>>
MEMESAT. a satellite that continuously broadcasts the morse code for "ayy lmao" on 420MHz.
>>
>>51690277
this
>>
>>51690277
Dare you to do this OP
>>
>>51690245
1000m? Sure?
>>
Aww fuck yeah cansat, my school competed in that when I was in highschool.

>>51690331
Yeah, university students build the rockets for it, the cans get ejected at ~1km and go down on parachutes.
>>
>>51690432
Op here, im actually studying rocket science at a high school in norway, and the previous students here have tended to win a lot, so i have high expectations
>>
>>51690432
So you can have air intake. I was already wondering. 1km is not exactly very high, on the other hand, temperature and air composition varies. Some standard values would be air humidity, dust, CO2 or something. It's not a sophisticated thing but it's sensors and somewhat interesting data.

Other thing could be a camera on the bottom and you're trying to constantly locate yourself once your falling by identifying landmarks and considering your estimated falling curve, using for instance a Kalman-Filter.
I mean you know roughly where you will be, and could give your can a rough map.
You'd have to read yourself into Computer Vision, and I think it's a huge project for such a little can - and a beginner. Also there's the risk that it wouldn't work, because your falling curve was wrong or your can rotates too fast (etc.)
>>
>>51690651
Oh and locating yourself by pictures is a bitch when the ground isn't well structured. A uniform forest would be worst case.
>>
>>51690683
Interresting, computer vision does not seem easy tho, and im not exactly sure about where the launch site will be
>>
File: sgctZ.jpg (167 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
sgctZ.jpg
167 KB, 500x422
>>51690277
This is the only correct answer
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.