[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some trouble shooting advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151122_232733.jpg (44 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151122_232733.jpg
44 KB, 337x337
I went to turn on my desktop and there was no visual display. Everything seemed to turn on fine. I reseated my Graphics Card and my RAM and nothing. I also tried changing my HDMI to be hooked to MoBo to test to see if its just my GC and I still got nothing. I know the HDMI works because I tested it on my laptop with the same display.

I'm not sure what it could be. What do you guys think?
>>
Broken monitor?
>>
>>51688120
do you get a post beep?

if you have an AMD CPU, did you actually insert it in the socket or just on top of it? Sounds stupid, but my friend did this. If you have intel CPU, don't bother checking because it wont be that.

Have you also tried not using HDMI?

If you remove the heatsink and the CPU is stuck to it, that's your problem. You will need to clean off the thermal paste using Arcitclean or Isopropyl alcohol, and put new paste on.
>>
>>51688195
I reseated everything including the CPU chip. There is no post beep, but the onboard graphics didn't do anything. We also tried with a DP cord.
>>
>>51688195
So far I'm looking at purchasing a new CPU and MoBo anyways. The current ones didn't withstand what I needed them for. But I don't want to throw my wallet at those if I have to replace the GC
>>
Bumping out of desperation
>>
>>51688195
>>51688253
Its probably not posting. Some mobos don't beep when they post anyway so a beep won't help you. Try plugging in something that turns on from usb. If its not posting the usb probably won't start up. Or try pinging the ip from another computer.
>>
>>51688434
I tried that. Nothing works from the USB. The lack of the onboard display working made me think it was the MoBo. Then again, what the hell do I know lol
>>
>>51688510
Probably mobo then. Unplug/takeout everything except cpu and ram and see if it posts. If it doesn't work with ONLY the cpu and ram plugged in its the mobo.
>>
>>51688565
Got it. I'll test that now. Thanks for the advice.

Any recommendations for CPU and mono replacements?

I'm looking at an Intel i5 4960k for the CPU and an MSI Z97 Gaming 5 seeing as that's pretty sturdy for the price.
>>
>>51688617
I don't really follow hardware. Whenever i buy new stuff i just use logicalincrements and read some on the hardware he recommends
>>
>>51688617
Mobo*
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.