[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welcome to almost 2016, where a pull request like this is ac
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
File: sjw.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sjw.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Welcome to almost 2016, where a pull request like this is actually merged:

https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/165
>>
>>51687444
>applel keks will defend this
>>
>blatant troll request
>kucks actually went with it
>>
>>51687470
>>51687485
all of his commits are "gender insensitive" bullshit
>>
>>51687586
See his avatar
http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Principal
It's a troll account.
>>
>>51687444
Holy shit Pc bro is literally a troll account and they took it seriously
>>
applel should focus on their slave workforce.
>>
>>51687444
https://github.com/pcbro/alex
>>
File: index.png (114 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
index.png
114 KB, 250x250
Hi! I’m Titus, a developer from Holland.

In August 2014, I graduated from the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences with retext, an open source system for analysing and manipulating natural language.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 960x768
>>51688313
hey titus
>>
>pcbro
>next comment is a guy with randy avatar
kek
>>
>>51688313
Hey Titus, as a fellow Dutchie I've got to ask you, why!?
>>
File: 1448209170444.jpg (801 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1448209170444.jpg
801 KB, 1462x1462
>>51688313
>Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
Still not a real university <3
>>
well, if transvestites wanted their software to be politically correct, MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN THE SOFTWARE

but they live in a home, where they can poo in the loo, walk to a refrigerated box and take a meal, turn on their semi-magical glowing devices and tune into any propaganda they wish, and still have the gall to claim that they are disadvantaged
>>
File: 12397978.jpg (32 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
12397978.jpg
32 KB, 460x460
LOOK MOMMY, I CONTRIBUTED TO SWIFT

> This is a common question from Objective-C programmers, primarily those who
-really dislike C++. There are a lot of reasons you can have hope that Swift
+really dislike C++. For many reasons you can have hope that Swift
will end up being a great "successor to Objective-C" instead of a "C++
replacement":

>oh, you're so smart Marshall
>>
>I learned about political correctness from a TV show
you guys seem to think that only pseudo-SJWs are "PC". PC applies to every single political group... you just don't see it because you'd never admit that your political side are a bunch of hypocrites
>>
I'm in contact with developers at Apple :^)

>the CoC subtle troll though
>>
It should come as no big suprise that the github community, nowadays, is full normie.

They can bikeshed for days on issues like typos, CoC's, diversity and inclusion, but when someone adds major platform support to the language, their only reaction is a lame emoji.

>ignoramuses who actually believe putting a computer together is some noble feat that requires critical thought or skill

>/tinfoil/s who think the nsa is out to get them, and have no concept that it's merely a big governmental organisation

>the entire hardware enthusiast community, dont even get me started on how pointless their existence is

>brand fanboys

>people who got lost trying to find /wg/ (desktop threads)

>people who got lost trying to find their way to /v/

>my preferred software is better than your preferred software for these reasons which are irrelevant and entirely subjective:

>Much like the DJ/Producer of yesteryear, programming, aka "making apps" is the latest must-have personality accessory

>computer scientists: concerned with type systems, side effects, paradigms, etc

>programmers: concerned with available library bindings, performance, and platform support

>bosses of programmers: concerned with the language being object oriented in a way that keeps their hordes of inexperienced employees from stepping on each other's toes too much

>/g/: concerned with aesthetic issues like brackets and indentation styles

Bikeshedding is the proper word for it. /g/ mainly talks about brackets, syntax, and identation styles because it's non complex and everyone can contribute a opinion and be semi valid.

Any real issues will cause too much risk of being pointed out as incorrect or stupid if they're wrong / mistaken.
>>
File: lattner.png (28 KB, 796x134) Image search: [Google]
lattner.png
28 KB, 796x134
btfo
>>
>>51688723
https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/102

vs
https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/26

or

https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/165

or

https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/113

seriously, are these people going to put on their resume that they "Contributed to the Swift repo"? Will their employers ask about it? What can their answer be, but more importantly what will the employer's reaction, when they find out that they did the equivalent of a secretary editing a document, not "writing some wizard code" (which we all know is how these faggots want to be perceived)?
>>
>>51688670

> PC applies to every single political group
> Words mean what I think they should mean
>>
>>51688723
NodeJS has banned emoji posting though
>>
File: bpm.jpg (89 KB, 500x577) Image search: [Google]
bpm.jpg
89 KB, 500x577
this picture illustrates the SJW cause entirely
>>
In the context of technology, master/slave terminology is the most concise way to express that relationship. What's next, will they attack OOP because of situations where a "parent" object kills a "child" object because that can be interpreted as referring to child abuse?

Fuck this politically correct horseshit
>>
>>51689376
primary/replica isn't even accurate either.
>>
File: 302518-250[1].gif (47 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
302518-250[1].gif
47 KB, 220x293
>>51689616
By making such a problem of master/slave, they're antagonizing pic rel - the completely voluntary subjection of a slave to a master - and calling this perfectly acceptable practive a taboo.

SJWs confirmed politically incorrect, closeminded and arrogant.
>>
>>51689814
*practice
>>
>>51689814
confirmed
>>
>>51687485
While I'm pretty sure he's misremembering Poe's law, he has a point
>>
>>51689955
>implying rolling along with it doesn't make you a complete doormat who's so stupid he's oblivious of being mocked
>>
>>51688159
warning `cripple` might be insensitive, use  `person with a limp` instead

ayy
>>
>>51689814
SJWs say they want openness and tolerance and then they actively suppress any speech or actions that they are triggered by

Such hypocrisy
>>
>>51689232
No, they literally emoji-post all the time, just with politically correct emojis, they can't have any of those disgusting aubergines. How dare anybody post a historic symbol of female fertili- nevermind, this article isn't going how I thought it would, the point is, eggplants are sexist!
>>
This is top kek material.

Fucking Github man.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.