[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I come here having already lost all faith in Apple products.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: apple shit 2.png (14 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
apple shit 2.png
14 KB, 480x300
I come here having already lost all faith in Apple products.

I own an Ipod nano, Iphone 4, 2009 Imac and 2011 Macbook.

Started using Apple with Ipod classic. I now realize Ipods are the only good thing left in Apple (and Iphones if you're just allergic to other smartphones).

Their computers are a real piece of crap.

However, I am both poor and sentimental. I cannot dump my 27' Imac and its beautiful screen.

It's now a piece of shit tho and I can't figure out why. It's gotten to the point where even the most basic task takes 30 seconds. I can't stand it.

Can you guys give me ANYTHING to identifying whats wrong with it and fixing it? I use Onyx but doesn't really help.

I've tried getting a diagnostic but holding D on launch doesn't work (???).

Here are some infos about the Imac (sorry, french)) :
iMac (27', late2009)
3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 Go 1067 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 Mo

Thanks in advance, and forever fuck Apple and their overpriced computers
>>
>those specs
bruh
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>51686346
Apple pretty much went downhill after steve jobs. Their macs now have nothing special except for their OSX and their misleading aesthetics. I suggest you go buy a cheap (refurbished or snag a deal) surface pro 2/3 if you have the cash. Or you can go to a technician to review it since here on /g/ it's hard for us to analyze the problem. Hope this helps :)
>>
>>51686346
What version of OS X is it running?
What kind of hard drive?
>>
>>51686381
They're not even bad, really. Supposedely, those could run the latest games on medium/low settings (although the radeon is really shit). But I'm not even talking games anymore, the fact is even text apps and browsers lag like hell...

>>51686430
running the latest OS, so 10.11.1 right now. Cant say if it was a mistake to update, cant really reacall if it all started to get real bad with a specific version or not...

Hard drive is original 1TO (600G free...)
>>
>>51686592
Hmm. You might want to down grade, but there's other things you can check first. The easiest would be to turn off transparency, it would reduce the stress on your video card. Also, check the drive health, a 5-6 year old drive might not be the healthiest and could degrade performance.
>>
>>51686772
Thanks for the advice.
I've turned off transparency and done some other little tricks found online. Will see if it makes a big difference, doubt it unfortunately.

Just did the hard-drive check through disk utility (SOS), says the Macintosh HD volume is fine, "exit code of the check is 0"... not sure what that means but doesn't really appear to be a major problem there.

I guess I'll end up getting in touch with Apple but I don't even know what they'll offer me. Will see.

Thanks for all the help

>>51686406
I looked a bit at that, didn't quite get what it does/how it worked. Could you tell me a bit more?
>>
>>51686428
I'm not really into tabs, but just by curiosity, is the surface pro better than the Ipad, or even than an ageing Macbook (excluding the mobility advantages)?
>>
>>51686346
nice false flag poorshit
>>
>>51687079
If you've upgraded the OS multiple times, try doing a full reinstall.
>>
>>51687079
For the drive try checking for bad sectors in the SMART data, or how ever that works
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.