[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could somebody help me? My graphic card (GTS 450) just died…
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1431871440293.png (666 KB, 1014x487) Image search: [Google]
1431871440293.png
666 KB, 1014x487
Could somebody help me? My graphic card (GTS 450) just died… and my budget is around… $50. Would you recommend me something? I found the same card for $40 and GT 730 in a similar price too. I can also get a GT 210 from my friend for free, but it's a total crap and I don't want to ask too much from them… Also Radeon is not a solution becuse I use linux. Any ideas, /g/?
>>
>>51685961
Hard budget?
>>
>50$

Better start sucking dicks anon
>>
>>51685961
>$50
what the fuck are you, some kind of NEET? get a fucking job
>>
>>51686294
>>51686336
>>51686391
Jesus christ, I just don't want to spend so much on a fucking graphic card when I have to pay for my medication and stuff. I don't even play games so it doesn't matter at all to me. I'm a student, so it protects me from being able to call myself a NEET…
>>
>>51686568
Just so you not willing to go a penny over 50$

Also where at us, Canada, uk?
>>
File: 5b2.png (212 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
5b2.png
212 KB, 922x882
>>51686568
>pay for my medication
lol amerifag cripple
>>
>>51685961
My last two nvidia cards died prematurely. Buy Radeon.
>>
Hahahaha OP what the fuck is wrong with you? They have you on good boy pills for your sperg fots of something? Stay thirsty my friend. :^)
>>
>>51686612
Eastern Europe…
>>
>>51686752
I'm a tranny and I need female hormones.
>>
>>51686612
Eh, $70 is fine too desu. Just not more than 100.
>>
>>51686807
Let me guess you are one of the degenerates from kageshi
>>
>>51686807
Ha
>>
>>51686983
No. I didn't even know what it is. I'm not a whore, just a transsexual person.
>>
>>51687038
Oh its just a chat on that website that is mostly trains. I was everyone's favorite cis guy until I went to /pol/
>>
>>51687038
>I'm just an oppressed tranny

>I can also get a GT 210 from my friend for free, but it's a total crap and I don't want to ask too much from them

So, you're complaining about your old meh card, you're complaining about a free card, and complaining about spending money and being poor?

What's wrong with saving more money, using the crappy but free, then buying something nice in 3 months.
>>
Make sure to only buy GT 730 GDDR5

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-730/specifications

GT 730 DDR3, 128-bit is Fermi, does not support DP 1.2 and H.264 decoder can't handle 4K H.264

GT 730 DDR3, 64-bit(Kepler GK208) is slower than Fermi card because bandwidth starved

GT 730 GDDR5(Kepler GK208) is faster than both cards and supports DP1.2 and supports 4K H.264 decoding

Don't bother with GT 210 or any DX10 Tesla legacy GPUs, the driver support ends in April 2016

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3473
>>
>>51687634
Thanks for an advice; you're the only person here with anything to say.

>>51687255
My old card displays everything in green-blue and doesn't detect the resolution correctly. I set a black-white mode on my monitor so my eyes won't bleed. So what's wrong with wanting to fix it? And I don't know the friend for too much time, so I don't want to be obtrusive.
>>
>>51687718
>My old card displays everything in green-blue and doesn't detect the resolution correctly. I set a black-white mode on my monitor so my eyes won't bleed. So what's wrong with wanting to fix it? And I don't know the friend for too much time, so I don't want to be obtrusive.

The issue is not trying to fix computer graphics.

The problem is that you're playing the 'woe is me I can't afford stuff' game, instead of doing the very obvious answer of taking the crappy card, thanking him / her with some beer and actual grattitude, then saving your $50 and some more money, then buying a decent $100 card in 2 months.
>>
>>51687791
I'm actually getting more money at the end of the year, but my income is really unstable so saving isn't really an option, because I'd probably dip into that sooner or later for necessary expenses. And this is /g/, not /adv/.
>>
>>51687634
What if the budget is 100$
>>
Ehhh, I'mma just get an used GTS 450.
>>
OP. Listen to me: your card might be fine. All blue-green would indicate the cabling between the monitor is the problem, or the connections. Check that.
>>
>>51688505
I checked 4 different cables, 3 different monitors and I put the card in another computer. Still green. D-SUB doesn't transmit signal at all, DVI has the green thing and HDMI is the best, but the resolution can't be detected properly. The bad thing is my own monitor only has D-SUB and I'm using it with an adapter to at least be able to see what's on the screen.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.