[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me, /g/, you're my only hope. I'm trying to buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: asus.jpg (154 KB, 1500x1210) Image search: [Google]
asus.jpg
154 KB, 1500x1210
Help me, /g/, you're my only hope.
I'm trying to buy a new gaming laptop because my Lenovo Ideapad Y510P can't do shit anymore, and I'm torn between two of these ASUS ROG computers. I found the ASUS ROG G751JY-DB72 and the ASUS ROG G751JY-WH71(WX). Both seem pretty good, but here's where I run into trouble.

The DB72 is selling for a wallet-raping $2199 while the WH71 is selling for $1549. This should make the choice easy, but I can find very little differences between the DB72 and the WH71, which makes me really uncomfortable. The WH71 has 16 GB DDR3 RAM and GDDR5 computer memory as opposed to the DB72'S 24GB DDR3L SDRAM and DDR3 SDRAm computer memory. The WH71 also has a smaller SSD and Windows 10 instead of 8.1

Beyond this, they're exactly the fucking same. Which is worrying considering there's a $700 difference in price. I don't know how effective asking /g/ will be, but I'm wondering, does anybody know what the fuck is wrong with the WH71 that it's so cheap?
>>
Gaming laptop....usually shit, but if i really had to buy laptoo for gaming, imo is kinda dumb, but i would probably buy the cheaper one.

But if you really have to get it now, like id suggest to wait till prices go bit down, cuz over 1000e for laptop is kinda over da top, when u can get around 300x better Desktop

And
>>Inb4 laptopz are 4 casuls
>>
>>51685710
I'd love to get a desktop but I move around a lot and it'd be really impractical. Eventually someday I'll make the switch to desktops but for now I have to play the cards I'm dealt.
>>
>>51685593
Sager NP987OU2 G
>>
>>51685741
Den get mini ATX
>>
>>51685741
>what is mini-itx
>>
>>51685848
Something with most of the inconveniences of a laptop and most of the inconveniences of a desktop :^)
>>
>>51685880
Nah, if you setup it Right is grt
>>
>>51685794
If I had $4000 handy

>>51685816
>>51685848
I know, it's still less convenient. I understand I sound very plebiany but I'm just trying to stick to laptops until I get more rooted.

Either way, I want to get one of these two, I'm just paranoid by this bizarre fucking pricing.
>>
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233083

Anything else will get you laughed at desu senpai. There are a bunch of these kids that lug those giant Asus "Republic of Gaymers" laptops around and look plain retarded.

P37x isn't cheap by any means but it's worth it. I love mine because it can play anything maxed out but at the same time doesn't look like a meme that is 3 inches thick.
>>
>>51685593
Don't get ASUS. Their reputation has become especially shitty lately with tons of problems in all their recent laptops. Clevo is probably the cheapest brand that isn't terrible, and they're generally good across the board including IPS screens, speakers, keyboard quality, noise, and temps. I'd get the P650RG if you want 15" or P670RG for 17".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.