[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>OS is under 100% freedoms-respecting licenses >kernel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1434602969944.png (217 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1434602969944.png
217 KB, 1280x720
>OS is under 100% freedoms-respecting licenses
>kernel drivers are under 100% freedoms-respecting licenses
>BIOS was replaced with libreboot, which is under a 100% freedoms-respecting license
>none of my animes are under 100% freedoms-respecting licenses
Why don't we have any CC BY(-SA) licensed animes, /g?/
>>
>>51685464
POST THE ORIGINAL MEME
>>
freedom is a bad thing actually

america is a free country and look what a shithole that is
>>
File: 1434382435078.gif (496 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
1434382435078.gif
496 KB, 500x455
>>51685545
>america
>free
>>
>>51685545
>america
>free country
Maximum Keks
>>
>>51685464
> tfw the botnet wants me to starve
>>
>It's also an open source BIOS, but open source fails to promote freedom; please call libreboot free software.
These little meaningless distinctions is why free software will never catch on.
>>
>>51685567
>>51685574
-freest market
-freest speech (lol euros thrown in jail for saying mean things lmao)
-freest gun laws
>>
>>51685591
>it makes me consider moral things so I don't like it
>>
>>51685612
> freest gun laws
> number of mass shootings > number of days in year
'Murrica
>>
>>51685509
Something something java pizza wants me to starve
>>
Why doesn't /g/ make its own anime and license it CC?
>>
>>51685708
One of the worst mass killings was from a guy in a pickup truck.
May as well ban cars
>>
>>51685782
I'll make the loli
>>
>>51685612

>no free anime

why live?
>>
>>51685545
Actually, America has no freedom now and that's why it's a shithole now.
>>
>>51685952
Commie detected.
>>
>>51685464
Probably because the animation houses are all pissed off at you stealing their shit regardless of what their licensing says.
>>
>>51685708
Guns are a red herring. Violent crime has been on a decline for decades.
>>
>>51686101
Gun laws have gotten more loose as gun crime has fallen over the past 30 years. We just hear more about random bursts of insanity or jihad on the news whereas the majority of gun crime, black on black murder, gets ignored.
>>
>>51685708
Yet nothing as bad as the recent french massacre.
>>
>>51685545
It costs folks like you and me?
>>
>>51685464
>others should work for me without getting paid.
>they should respect muh freedums!
>>
>post about anime turns into a post about world politics
Am I really on /g?/
>>
File: starvingpepe.png (65 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
starvingpepe.png
65 KB, 800x600
>>51685464
>Why can't everything be free as in free beer!?
>>
>>51686146
>Jihadists open fire at the entrance to an exhibit with drawings of Muhammed
>police officers shoot back and kill them
Based Texas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Culwell_Center_attack
>>
>>51685612
> -freest market
Its not a free market, its a rigged market. The government is the comglommerates sockpuppet, and you're as disillusioned to believe that thats freedom.
> -freest speech (lol euros thrown in jail for saying mean things lmao)
I don't know of any such occasions, and I'm a triple euro(danish, swiss and german)
> -freest gun laws
Ever heard of Jemen? And what do guns have to do with freedom, as long as your government has more weaponry than the people do.
>>
>>51686333
>the answer to imbalance in power is to shit on the side perceived to be weaker
>the answer to shitty regulations is more shitty regulations
>>
>>51686291
Everything already is, so that's clearly not the point
>>
>>51686393
>Why can't everything be free as in free beer legally!?
Better?
>>
>>51686333
>A German grandmother aged 87 has been sentenced to ten months in jail for denying the Holocaust and saying Auschwitz was 'just a labour camp'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3317083/German-grandmother-87-sentenced-ten-months-jail-denying-Holocaust-saying-Auschwitz-just-labour-camp.html
>>
>>51686333
>I don't know of any such occasions,
>In 2011, the first man was charged with Holocaust denial in Budapest. The Court sentenced the man to 18 months in prison, suspended for three years, and probation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial
boom
>>
>>51686408
No
Even if you can just download the animes for free it'd still be illegal to create derived works or make exact copies, both of which are freedoms-disrespecting
>>
File: crypizzadick.jpg (429 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
crypizzadick.jpg
429 KB, 1280x720
>>51685509
>go to javascript
>want to starve an botnet
>proptietary pizza wants me to order
>mfw
>>
>>51686467
What would be the point? Anything created from it would still be plagiarising and of no use to anyone.
>Also implying anyone on /g/ was going to use that license to create "their own" work and not just justify piracy
>>
>>51686616
>and of no use to anyone
Speak for yourself, lots of people build off of others' previous works. The problem is that most of the stuff which can be built off of is so old it's barely relevant or has to be explicitly released with permission to do so.
>>
>>51686740
Nah, I can agree with Free Software for the most part because it does hold information one can use to further their understanding of a subject. I don't believe any knowledge can ethically be hidden, works of art though?

That falls on one's imagination and people are entitled to their imagination as refusing you to use their videos doesn't limit your own imagination. So basically..
>Don't know how to implement something in my software, I'll look how someone else managed it: OK!
>I have no imagination, but gee whiz would I like to be respected as a creator in the anime community, I know! I weave different anime shows and re-write the subtitles to make the most awesome Haruhi and Pony crossover ever!: NOT OK
>>
>>51686850
I disagree on the point about art, but at the same time agree that software freedoms are more important than art freedoms. Still, it would be nice to have a healthy 100% libre culture to go with our 100% libre systems
>>
>>51686980
I'm not saying you can't make other works of art from others, music definitely proves it can be done. But it should still be with the permission of the original artist.

If North Korea takes your software and uses it for nasty dealings then that sucks, but it's only information at the end of the day. But can you imagine coming up with some fantastic fictional world that you feel the world could love as much as you do, but before it gets widely known a Neo-Nazi group gets a hold of it, changes it to teach about their hate and then calls it theirs and it becomes spread across the internet as a terrible creation that is mocked and causes disgust?
>>
>>51687175
That's what BY is for, they have to acknowledge what it's built off of and give credit so that sort of thing doesn't happen
Regardless, that case is extreme and unlikely. If a Neo-Nazi group were to take your creation and build from it, it would either be a) already somewhat align near their views, in which case why would they change it up; b) so out of alignment with their views that they won't even acknowledge it exists; or c) completely neutral to their views to the point where no one would be inspired to make it about their's
>>
>>51686419
>>51686444
Good
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.