[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who Edge here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: ovco3sjldc8drljgsfjs.jpg (66 KB, 800x455) Image search: [Google]
ovco3sjldc8drljgsfjs.jpg
66 KB, 800x455
Who Edge here?
>>
/thread
>>
I do OP.

Wish extensions would hurry up.

>Please install firefox or chrome to access this website :3
>>
Not until they have extensions IE adblocker
>>
>>51683330
I used it for a while, without extensions and uBlock it is painful to use.
>>
e

kek
e
k
>>
I ran some powershell to remove it from all of the 1200+ workstations / servers that we monitor at our MSP.
>>
I used it download chrome. That's about it.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (27 KB, 720x604) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
27 KB, 720x604
>>51683334
Kek
>>
File: edgy.gif (27 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
edgy.gif
27 KB, 165x115
NIGGERS
>>
>>51683400
dubs & #rekt
>>
>>51683337
what extensions could edge possibly need other than https everywhere (soon to be deprecated), ublock origin, and umatrix?
>>
>>51683450
4chan -X
>>
>>51683450

Do you have a point that's not self defeating or?
>>
>>51683478
whats self defeating about it?
>>
>not using amazon silk

You DO have an amazon device, right?
>>
Here's a question, why is both edge and internet explorer both installed in windows 10?
>>
>>51683531
Edge dropped support for activex and plugins like java and silverlight. Internet Explorer 11 is only kept if you still need them, but when the Java plugin is deprecated next year and silverlight dies next year, I wouldn't be surprised if IE is gotten rid of all together.
>>
>>51683492
>amazon device
>amazon botnet + google botnet
topkek
>>
>>51683559
Speaking of activex, when is the last time you guys have seen a site that uses activex? I haven't seen one in years, I don't even know if they're still around.
>>
>>51683559
I'm happy that Microsoft are finally losing this fixation on legacy support, even for their own products.

They need to do it for Windows now, with SSDs becoming more and more widespread you just can't have the OS taking 15GBs of space. Especially if the bloat is so some Windows 95 applications can barely work 20 years later.
>>
>>51683613
Apparently it was standard practise to put all plugin controls inside an ActiveX control which would just be ignored by anything but IE so websites would run on both.

So probably, but unless you use IE you'd never know without looking at the source.
>>
>>51683355
Microsoft is going all in to data mining and "telemetry", letting you install ublock on Edge would be shoving a knife into their left hand.
>>
>>51683736
They'll probably open source it once they've lost hope of it being the 3rd browser choice next to Chrome and Firefox.
>>
File: 1425451184978.png (861 B, 54x140) Image search: [Google]
1425451184978.png
861 B, 54x140
Can't be doing with this 1px border
>>
>>51683330
> Windows X
>>
>>51683349
>>51683736
Mind you that Edge bypasses hosts file. What makesyou believe that an ad blocking extension would be of any use with this browser?
>>
>>51683613
ActiveX is needed to interact with government websites in Korea iirc
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.