[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Mech Board Experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Just had this keyboard arrive at my house, typing on it right now. I've never had a mech board before and omgwtfbbq I fucking love this board. I could type for hours and hours and never get board, the keys travel so smoothly, it makes a beautiful sound when they bottom out, it's just such a satisfying board to use.

This changes everything, I shall never again not have a mechanical keyboard. I've had shitty bargain basement keyboards my entire life, and now I have this German masterpiece. Currently averaging about 54wpm in tests online, but I'm enjoying practicing with this thing so much that I can see that number taking a sharp increase.

10/10 I came buckets.

What was it like the first time you laid your fingers upon a mechanical board /g/?
>>
Nice blog post
>>
cool. report back in a month
>>
Switch?
>>
>>51683626
Reds. I got them because I wanted a nice keyboard to type on, but I also intend to do a fair bit of gaymen on it. So it's kind of a trade-off. I know they aren't the best switches for typing on, but compared to the crappy PCLINE board that has now been thrown behind the printer, it's a whole other level.
>>
Congrats, have fun with it OP. My first mechanical keyboard was SHIT, I fell for positive reviews and it was overall a terrible experience. Now, I've got a new one (Lioncast TKL) and it's simply amazing.
>>
>>51683670
What did you get first time around Anon?
>>
>>51683667
>red switches
Those are the worst for typing. You were better off getting browns. That's a decent 50/50 switch. The one true switch is buckling springs.
>>
>>51683707
I did consider browns at first, but I'm still pleased with my choice.
I may get another keyboard at some point in the future, but right now it's not a priority unless I find myself doing truly vast quantities of typing.
>>
I didn't have an epiphany when I changed to a mechanical keyboard, but now that I have been using mine with reds, it's hard to go back to anything non mechanical. I think I'm going to buy a keyboard with blue switches next, for gayman. Red switches are almost too sensitive, I want that tactile feedback.
>>
>>51683753
I still don't get why you went with reds. I have blues because I program a lot. I went from 90 wpm to ~105wpm and make much less typos. On the gaming side nothing has changed.
Mechanical keyboards for gaming is a placebo, unless you're a professional gamer or play keyboard intensive games like Osu! Even then, I would recommend picking a keyboard with the shortest travel.
Anyway, I'm sure it's much better than your previous keyboard.
>>
>>51683882
Mainly for the low amount of force required to press the things. Of all the shitty keyboards I've had, the ones that were least effort to push were usually my favorites.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
Glad you've found a setup that works for you though, would you mind if I asked what keyboard you use?
>>
>>51683970
Duck Zero DK2108 with blues. I wanted to go with the CM Storm Quickfire XT, but I couldn't find it anywhere in my country. I kinda regret not getting a 10keyless model.
>>
>>51684007
How come? I couldn't live without a numpad. My muscle memory includes them, and I don't fancy changing it.
>>
>>51684042
I only use it for banking which I rarely do. I never use the operators on the numpad, only the numbers itself.
>>
File: P1050917.jpg (129 KB, 956x1280) Image search: [Google]
P1050917.jpg
129 KB, 956x1280
>>51683253
Nice, I had that same keyboard with browns as my first. Make sure to get the wrist rest for extra comfy.

Currently typing on a Ducky Shine 4 with Vortex Doubleshot Translucent PBT+POM keycaps.

My next keyboard will be self-assembled TKL with parts from gon keyboards. Probably with zealio ergo-clears.

Enjoy your keyboard, and welcome to the world of mechs.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.