[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a pi zero handle youtube videos /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 470x313
Can a pi zero handle youtube videos /g/?
>>
>>51681934
It doesn't have networking, idiot
>>
>>51681948
Hurr, usb wifi faggot
>>
really stupid that they didn't add wifi to the thing
>>
>>51682054
but then it would cost $10
>>
CHIP has 512mb ram, 4gb storage, S-video, bluetooth, wifi and debian built in while only needing a button cell to run and is completely capable of handling youtube.

And it costs less than $10

Ras-Pi can go fuck off.
>>
>>51681934
Yes it can, 1080p at 60fps can be played. It is more powerful than the first version of RPi which was able to do this as well. If you are planning to work this into a permanent setup I would highly recommend the RPi B 2 (the latest version) as it feels much smoother than the previous versions.
>>
>>51682109
enough your shitty kickstarter chip with $20 shipping. Those fuckers have no clue what they are doing.
>>
>>51682145
if they throw enough money at china they'll end up with something right?
>>
>>51682127
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>51682145
Shipping is 7$ now, but it won't ship until june 2016
>>
>>51682127
my raspberry pi 2 cant handle youtube videos fullscreen tho whats up with that
>>
>>51682188
By then the raspberry pi minus one will be out for $1.
>>
Speaking of Ras-Pi's, I have no problem with the idea of them and using them as small embedded systems but the very concept of them as part of a DIY'er toolkit angers me to no end.

I make things using PICs which I flash myself, the idea of using a WHOLE FUCKING COMPUTER SYSTEM as a component in a simple circuit infuriates me to such a degree that I can't even express it in writing, it's just a deep guttural noise that ululates from my asshole.

HEY MAW, LOOKIT THE BULB I MADE TO FLASH, AIN'T I JUST THE SMURTEST BOY IN THE WHOLE TRAILER YARD? I ONLY USED AN ENTIRE COMPUTER AND SOME COPY-PASTED CODE TO DO IT!
>>
>>51682215
Kek
>>
>>51682330
Just like how you can fix anything with a big enough hammer, you can engineer anything electrical with a raspberry pi.
>>
>>51682330
It does seem a bit wasteful, but it just shows you how far technology has come.

Networking on things like arduinos is a bit of a pain.

The project I had rolling around my head most recently was to pull weather forecasts and use that to change the heating. (It's heating without thermostats- it uses a storage system using the cheaper electricity overnight to heat up a block of concrete, a thermostat wouldn't even work anyway)
>>
RPi 1 B here, can play youtube videos without a problem.
>>
>>51682109
just one usb, no ethernet
just 4 gb nand
dealbreaker
>>
>>51682371
Yeah but does it play Crysis?
>>
>>51682330
Are you not getting enough praise from your mommy because there is no reason to get all caps lock mad about it. Other than your deep seeded issues of needing approval from peers likely due to a disinterested mother.
>>
>>51682384
The basic board has two USB and GPIO.

So you can:
Buy their ethernet add-on board
Use a USB ethernet adapter
Connect anything you like to the GPIO

You can add anything you want to the CHIP.
>>
>>51682191
you probably don't have the h264 hardware codec
>>
>>51681934
Depends on the resolution. You'll definitely get it to show SD YouTube videos, doubt it'll handle 1920x1080.

Seriously though, there are so many other cool things you can do with it. I'm not the only person thinking smartwatch, am I? I've started connecting all my lights to my network so I can change that over wifi, how awesome would that be with a watch?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.