[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did /g/ become a safe place for /v/ refugees? Most of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 73SL1o7.jpg (11 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
73SL1o7.jpg
11 KB, 221x225
When did /g/ become a safe place for /v/ refugees? Most of the threads on the front page are now video game threads.
>>
>>51681674
lead a crusade against the gamer faggots
>>
I started using late into /g/'s history, around 2011-2012. There were occasional build threads and graphics card threads, as is expected for a tech board.

it didn't start getting bad until about 2013. That's when the consumer electronics pandemic began on /g/. It got so bad I stopped using it for a good year. It only got worse.

I have a theory, a tentative one at that, that it came because of the resurgence of the economy after the massive crash in 2008. It took about 4 years to recover, and then tech prices began to fall (or people began making enough again) such that they could afford luxury goods.
>>
>>51681696
>>51681674
so how do we fix this problem then?
>>
>>51681707
the same few ideas that are always passed around when threads like this are made

>Fork the board
make /g/ consumer electronics, move the hard core tech to /diy/ (or a new board, but that seems somewhat drastic.) DIY is actually a very interesting board if you haven't checked it out. That's where most of the true electronics and technology enthusiasts have migrated following /g/ becoming /v/'s water cooler.

>Expand the scope of /v/
make it so graphics cards, monitors, etc(.) should be posted there

>Tell /v/ slash hyperconsumerist "generals" to fuck off to /v/
people do this now, but they go largely ignored.

as a side note

why the fuck are watch threads on /g/? Watches are strictly fashion accessories and belong on /fa/
>>
bump for more input
>>
File: file.jpg (129 KB, 850x702) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
129 KB, 850x702
>>51681696
old fag here. you are correct. the board has certainly changed. dont post as often as i did because i couldn't give two shits about vape/iphones.

some good threads do appear, but i dont expect them anymore.

now i mostly troll /g/ with animu reactions
>>
>>51681766
tell that to the verge. dumb fucks only give a shit about the logo, so it MUST be tech!
>>
>>51682193
joke's on you, I enjoy them
>>
>>51682193
Me too. I don't particularly like or watch anime but I know that posting it here usually upsets a lot of people.
>>
File: 1438052930451.jpg (45 KB, 527x474) Image search: [Google]
1438052930451.jpg
45 KB, 527x474
That's a natural result of the "PC master race" scourge that's swept across the inter-reddit lately. Naturally they'll come to /g/ for help because gamers are mentally deficient children and can't take care of something as easy as a single Windows desktop installation... Remember to tell them that Games Are For Children and ask what their favorite anime is, it drives them off quickly.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.