[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics- Cards/AMD-Confirms-Tonga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: amd_down.png (17 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
amd_down.png
17 KB, 380x285
http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Confirms-Tonga-384-bit-Memory-Bus-Not-Enabled-Any-Products

IT'S OVER, AMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>>51681635
>I am an Nvidiot and I love to suck Jew Cock
>>
>>51681635
read the whole article you faggot
>>
>>51681635
>X IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT
/g/ is the only place where every company becomes instantly bankrupt in a day and fuck off with your forced memes
>>
>>51681635
I can understand why.
For one, enabling a 384-bit bus with 6 GiB of VRAM would have driven up the cost of the card by 30$, for maybe 5-8% performance. Also would have increased power consumption by 10-20W.
The card is already limited by its power budget as it is, so they would have had to increase the TPD of the card from 190W to 220-230W.

Then you'd get a card a good 15% faster, consuming 200W (instead of 170W) during very heavy gaming, and costing 260$ instead of 230$.
>>
File: Boycriedwolfbarlow.jpg (331 KB, 695x564) Image search: [Google]
Boycriedwolfbarlow.jpg
331 KB, 695x564
>>51681635
>FINISHED & BANKRUPT
If I were to get a buck for every time you kids spam this I could easily retire by now.
>>
so what does this mean for my 280X
>>
>>51682209
Still a GOAT of a GPU, that's what.
>>
>>51682209
Why do people bring up the 280X every time the 380X is mentioned? It's a different card, god damn it.
>>
>>51683112
I guess maybe because no one had a reason to buy a 380x since the 280x exists.
>>
>>51683142
Well, if you release it's power target, it's about 15% faster than the 280X, while still consuming less power, and having all the new and fancy features.
It IS a much better deal than buying a 280X today, although it doesn't render it obsolete.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.