[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else noticed how Google's search engine has gone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: google sucks.jpg (197 KB, 1076x790) Image search: [Google]
google sucks.jpg
197 KB, 1076x790
Has anyone else noticed how Google's search engine has gone to complete shit since like 2 weeks or so? It used to display the results that I wanted, but since some time about 3 of the first 5 results are just fucking ads. Regardless of what I enter, I usually get an amazon link and some other buysite link trying to sell me something that is not even REMOTELY related to what I searched.

And before someone says it was always shit, it has never been this fucking annoying with obviously sponsored links before. The sponsored links used to be clearly marked. Now they are just mixed between the real results to make it look like they are actually relevant to what the user entered in the search engine.

>google naked anime girls riding on a dick

>Buy "riding" at amazon!
>compare prices for "riding"
>1359 offers for "riding"

I am surprised nobody is talking about this. I can't possibly be the only one who noticed this. Or am I just late to the party here? And most importantly, is there any way to get rid of this annoying shit?
>>
>>51680267
Google doesn't do that. You have malicious software installed which is modifying your search results.

You need to
1) Make sure your backups are up-to-date
2) Erase your OS's boot drive
3) Re-install your OS of choice
4) Restore your data from a backup
>>
File: Capture.png (60 KB, 621x673) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
60 KB, 621x673
>>51680322
Probably this.

Anime girls riding dicks works fine for me.
>>
>>51680388
Also: Check your plugins/extensions, sometimes browser gets hijacked.

Delete all browser data from your users dir so you start fresh and see if it still happens.
>>
>>51680322
>>51680388
>>51680401
Huh you are right. There was some addon I had no idea what it was and after I removed it the ads disappeared. And here I was thinking I am not an idiot while surfing the Internet.

Thanks for pointing this out. How embarrassing from my site.
>>
>>51680461
I bet my virginity that it will be back after a restart if you didn't scan for malware.
>>
>Just giving your search and web activity straight to the google botnet
>Not using DuckDuckGo
Why are you upset OP?
You clearly love ads.
>>
File: 1437041207552.png (110 KB, 344x278) Image search: [Google]
1437041207552.png
110 KB, 344x278
>>51680480
>I bet my virginity
>>
File: NNB.jpg (250 KB, 1148x961) Image search: [Google]
NNB.jpg
250 KB, 1148x961
>>51680480
I just restarted, the search results are still fine.

Seems like you are going to finally lose your virginity anon. Lucky you.

I am still confused where this came from. The only things I downloaded in recent time to my knowledge were anime from Nyaa and Bakabt and they are not exactly known for malware. Well, as long as I don't get shit results I am happy.
>>
Scan w hitman pro. Then adwcleaner.
>>
A) Scan with SUPERAntispyware and Malwarebytes. Both are freeware.
B) Download Unchecky so when you install shit and shit like browser addons are checked by default, it will automatically uncheck unwanted software and will warn you if you try to proceed with options selected in an installer that will install unwanted software.
>>
>>51680267
Yes,its shit for some time now and I find myself using other search engines more and more.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.