[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-dis tros.html do any of you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

do any of you (or anyone aside from RMS) actually use any of these distros?

why would you aside from being a stallmanite?
>>
The only one I've ever seen mentioned on /g/ is parabola
>>
>>51679786
can't even browse the fucking sight for that distro, like come on
>>
>>51679774
linux is meme
>>
>>51679774
I actually went full stallman and got a thinkpad x200 with libreboot. I run Trisquel on it, and it's pretty smooth sailing, to be honest. No problems, decent software for your day to day needs.
>>
I've never been able to download blag

I tried for a few minutes but I gave up knowing I wouldn't use the distro anyway
>>
>>51679774
>why would you aside from being a stallmanite?
You basically wouldn't. The only difference between those distros and other ones is that they don't even recommend non-free software, but if even if you were a stallmanite, you could just use Debian and not install packages from contrib or non-free.
>>
>>51679873
Debian has non-free binaries in its kernel, and thus cannot possibly be considered a fully free operating system.
>>
>>51680193
I Think they removed that front the kernel
https://gnu.org/distros/common-distros.html
>>
>>51679786
Are you new? Trisquel gets mentioned quite often. It's honestly pretty good.

>>51680193
debian 6 removed blobs and forced them into the non free repo, so the current debian kernel is equal to the linux libre kernel.
>>
>>51679774
I run trisquel mini on my laptop. It's good.
>>
Trisquel is good you just need to install some packages for what your computer needs if you need the nonfree firmware otherwise it's solid
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.