[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/b usiness/dealbook/how-mar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 159171.jpg (26 KB, 620x340) Image search: [Google]
159171.jpg
26 KB, 620x340
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/business/dealbook/how-mark-zuckerbergs-altruism-helps-himself.html

donate 99% of his properties to himself! what a magic!
>>
>>51679083
I thought that said 'autism' for a split-second
>>
File: rand.jpg (55 KB, 1058x1058) Image search: [Google]
rand.jpg
55 KB, 1058x1058
>>51679166
Me too

>>51679083
>altruism
TRIGGERED
>>
Donating to charity is a scam. There's a reason the rich just don't go down the street making random people millionaires. Charity is a way to make the rich look good while making the head of the charity (who is already making 6 figures officially) richer.
>>
>>51679184
Sham, sorry probably the better word to use.
>>
>>51679166
me too m8
>>
>>51679083
Is this also the same case with Bill Gates?
>>
>>51679083
it is the magic, we call that *capitalism*
>>
>>51679204
hmm, probably not... doubt.
>>
>>51679204

Bill Gate simply make money faster than he can spend it.

He does spend most of his time on charity work now. Unlike Zuckerbergs, he handles a lot of the charity work himself, planning out how to most effectively use his money, rather than making it a big deal for publicity.
>>
>>51679204
He runs charities to push weird reptillian shit, like common core
Though his foundation actually does shit in Africa and other shitholes, it isn't an investment vehicle like Zuckerberg's is
>>
>caring what some rich guy does with his money
Damn op you sound jelly
>>
>>51679184
>Donating to charity is a scam

As opposed to what? Paying taxes to the government? A lot of charities are fucked up, but it isn't hard to pull the records for any 501(c)(3) to see what it is spending money on.

Also, fuck you for railing on somebody for earning a decent living. Do you think it's easy to run a huge charity?

>>51679083
That article is so fucking awful.

>the money is not fundamentally his
>we need to take the money
>people shouldn't take legal tax deductions
>how dare somebody choose what they think is important in society

Really, who gives a shit? He's avoid a $9 billion tax bill that is a drop in the bucket for the US. If he wants to make sure his money is used for poverty alleviation or education, let him do it. If the IRS thinks its a scam, they'll get their money one way or another.

>>51679262
Fucking this. You and that author.
>>
>ITT people actually defending Gates while calling Zuckerberg a liar

You guys really, really, really hate Jews, don't you?
>>
>>51679289
jews are the reason anime isn't real
>>
>>51679262
>I can't into economics
>>
File: DSC_0350.jpg (376 KB, 1614x804) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0350.jpg
376 KB, 1614x804
>>51679282
I worked for one, it's pretty easy. I know that it's his money but what I'm saying is that he really isn't giving his money away to a good cause. He's only making the rich richer.
>>
>>51679370
>he really isn't giving his money away to a good cause

The government isn't a "good cause".

>He's only making the rich richer

I'll wait for proof.
>>
>>51679166
Like minded
>>
>>51679282
You seem to know what's up.
Financial education is not common these days.
>>
>>51679438
I doubt Zuckerberg hates the government as much as you do.
>>
>>51679494
I don't hate the government. I think it does a lot of stupid shit, but I don't hate it. I do hate the idea that people have some moral obligation to pay the largest tax bill possible. The laws were created for a reason. People are allowed a deduction on their taxable income if they donate to a charity (not even a fucking credit). Are you saying we should get rid of that? Or cap it? Oh wait, we already fucking do that. It's capped at 10% of AGI, so that $9 billion tax avoidance is going to take years, decades even to slowly whittle away.

Everybody gets the deduction. The deduction is a good idea. People should not bitch about other using the deduction.

On one final note, does anybody honestly believe that he is going to sell off his stock anytime soon? He's going to hold on to it forever and take out loans using it as collateral, avoiding taxes in another perfectly legal way.
>>
File: DSC_0834.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0834.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>51679578
Why should anyone get a tax deduction for donating to charity? It makes the reason to donate more about money than giving from the heart. I've had many pull up in their BMW, hand me a gift store baseball cap and asking for a tax receipt vs someone else donating loads of clothes and asking for nothing in return.
>>
>>51679639
>Why should anyone get a tax deduction for donating to charity?

Because it incentivizes people to give to causes that are important to them. It rewards people for being compassionate and caring for their fellow man. You donate $100 dollars and the government takes $30 of your tax liability. Even by your definition, you're still "giving" $70.

There are always people who abuse the system, but I see no problem with people who follow IRS guidance on how to minimize and pay their tax bill.
>>
>>51679695
If people want to give so much why do they need an incentive? And where are you going with this? Zuckerberg isn't doing this from the bottom of his heart. It's for publicity.
>>
>>51679262
be calm, m8. OP just doubt about the definition of the word, *charity*.
>>
Zuckerberg doesn't even have liquid cash, it's all assets like facebook stock.
He probably donated a few millions of chump change he's got lying around for expenses, gets good pr, tax deduction and gives his ngo sister a big fat paycheck.
>>
>>51679204

Yes. Anyone who thought rich people were giving anyway their fortunes when they announced they were giving their money to charities is an idiot. Bill Gates was a notorious miser and cunt who hoarded his money. It was his wife who set up and managed the day to day of the foundation before Gates retired.

The whole philanthropic horse shit these billionaires partake in his nothing more than a tax play.
>>
>>51679250
>Though his foundation actually does shit in Africa and other shitholes

which should be fucking illegal

look, helping africa will only make the world a worse place. it will create a new india and bring about job outsourcing and mass immigration.

right now they are doing so poorly that they are too poor to even be a problem which is great. and they are happy that way living in tribes, and when eg 7 out of 10 of their children die thats just life for them. who are we to intervene??
>>
>>51682630

>look, helping africa will only make the world a worse place. it will create a new india and bring about job outsourcing and mass immigration.

He's helping Africa by giving easier access to birth control, basically he's trying to improve their quality of life by culling their population growth, which is the correct way of doing it. Unlike all the other shit heads that just throw food at them.
>>
>>51683842
still bad for us
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.