[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>over 20 million $$$ profit >mfw people keep donating to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: wikimedia.jpg (27 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
wikimedia.jpg
27 KB, 640x434
>over 20 million $$$ profit
>mfw people keep donating to wikipedia
>>
What's wrong?
>>
>>51678993
wikipedia has money to go 66 weeks (protip: 1 year = 52 weeks) without asking a dime

and yet every year they put up banners like they're about to bankrupt and close
>>
>>51679007
>wikipedia has money to go 66 weeks
>every 52 weeks they put up banners
yes?
>>
>>51679007
66 weeks is nothing are you retarded
>>
>>51679007
>they have enough money to go a year without asking for money
>yet once a year they ask for money
>this is terrible!
>>
Net assets and expenses on the same graph? Kinda weird. How about income and expenses?
>>
>>51678983
>Profit = Net assets - Expenses

God damn it as a finance major some of you autistic codemonkeys trigger me whenever you attempt to talk about markets
>>
>>51679493
is there a book you recommend to noobs in economics ? I'd like to get a clearer understanding of it.
>>
>>51679509
Economics and finance are completely different

Econ is where you learn about supply and demand to the nth degree, monetary and fiscal policy, behaviours of markets

Finance quantifies everything, you learn about ratios and performance measures, plus shit normies think are complicated like Credit default swaps and CDOs

I'm double majoring in both so I could give you some (overpriced) textbooks unless you wanna find PDFs
>>
>>
>>51679509
Actually here, I was able to get a pdf of an earlier edition textbook I used when I took Intro to Econ as a freshman

I thought it was very good

http://www.cengage.com/economics/discipline_content/preview_guide/preview_guide/PreviewGuide_HallLieberman_5e.pdf
>>
>>51679545
That was good, here's your tab notification.
>>
>>51679535
please name these overpriced textbooks

I can surely find them for free on Libgen
>>
>>51679614
For econ go with this unless you want a newer addition >>51679581

For finance I used this, it was alright but that's because I'm interested in this stuff

http://www.amazon.com/CourseMate-Printed-Access-Finance-Brigham/dp/1285434544

If you wanna become more well versed on monetary policy and central banking I'd look at this, but only AFTER you read the Intro to Econ book

http://www.amazon.com/Economics-Banking-Financial-Markets-Edition/dp/0133836797
>>
>>51678983
>OH NO! They did something everybody use but they should not get money because i say so! Hmhmhm!!1!1!1

Kys
>>
Feels like they should do something against this trend.

Why isn't the curve flattening out a bit? There should be some ways to make operations cheaper per user with more users accessing the site...
>>
Wikipedia is certainly a company that you should worry the least about them having some extra money
>>
>>51679738
I'd explain to you if I could tell what any of those bars meant
>>
>>51679738
Ah, the legend wasn't on the picture:
Green = Support and revenue
Red = Expenses
Black = Net assets at year-end
>>
What about wikia, isn't it a for profit 'branch' of the wikipedia project?
>>
>>51679493
What the fuck are you talking about.

Revenues minus expenses is net profit you sperglords. Assets includes buildings, cars, equipment, cash in the bank, accounts receivables (i doubt wiki has any).

They may have assets but still have 0 working capital each year. For what they do theyre in the right to ask for donations.
>>
>>51681481
Meant to hit the same point. Not directed at you.
>>
>>51679007
I have enough money saved to not work for a year. I'm quitting my job right now
>>
>>51678983

how is wikipedia spending so much per year? Suppossedly all the articles there are done by volunteers. The only expenses I can imagine are servers and connection to high velocity internet.
>>
Does anyone know how to block that retarded ad banner?

I have ublock origin but so far it's still there, maybe they forgot to add a filter for it?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.