[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /g/randmasters, I come with a headscratcher.. On my screen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: WhatTheFuck.png (3 MB, 1655x942) Image search: [Google]
WhatTheFuck.png
3 MB, 1655x942
Okay /g/randmasters, I come with a headscratcher..

On my screen at 2560X1440 the left 75% of it looks "compressed". It's very subtle but shows very clearly in right click menus. See image related.

The weird part is this doesn't happen when I set the resolution to 1080p.

I've tried reinstalling card drivers, tried replacing the cable (DP) and nothing. Played with text settings in windows and no difference. The far right looks fine but anything to the left of that is fucked.

Help
>>
try something that isnt rendered text, like a photo of a newspaper article
>>
>>51678720
use the nvidia control panel, tweak your refresh rate slightly, maybe 1hz lower
>>
>>51678796
Doesn't do the same with newpaper article. I'm confused, when I use a screenshot of rendered text it does the same, but with a picture of newspapers article it doesn't. What does this mean?
>>
>>51678840
I'll try that but care to elaborate on why it would work?
>>
What kind of monitor is it?
>>
>>51678887
Either shit display or shit font rendering.
Considering how bad ClearType is.
>>
>>51678957
If it was Cleartype would it just work on one side of the screen though?

>>51678949
Asus ROG Swift (the g-sync one)
>>
>>51679033
Yeah thats a known problem with G-Sync monitors, the pixels tend to misbehave alot. You should have gone freesync son, using hardware for a menial task is stupid anyway.
>>
>>51679033
>g-sync
kek
>>
>>51679337
Well, whatever it is I'm stuck with it now. Warranty the monitor? How do I even describe an issue like that to the idiots handling the warranty claim?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.