[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a program where I can press a hotkey, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: harvard.jpg (424 KB, 1684x1426) Image search: [Google]
harvard.jpg
424 KB, 1684x1426
I'm looking for a program where I can press a hotkey, and it'll either pop up a box where I can quickly type a note down, or vocally say something and it'll transmute it into text saved on a notepad or something.

I need something to use quicker than pen and paper.

Basically while recording vidya, if a Kodac moment happens, I want to be able to jot down the time it happened so when I go over 3+ hour long recordings I'll know where to pluck out the good moments.

By using pen / paper, I have to stop what I'm doing, write it down, and by then I'm slightly behind in the game.

Anyone know anything similar to what I'm looking for?
>>
>>51678255
Congratulations OP if that's you!

There are dragon suites that do that.
>>
Enjoy your crushing debt, collegiate kek.

Also, just use a digital stopwatch, and hit the lap button whenever a moment you want to save pops up. Your phone, assuming you have a smartphone, can do this. I can't think of anything you could use that wouldn't alt tab you out of your game when you launched it.
>>
>>51678293
Stop using this meme. Ivy league colleges are damn near universally worth it and have great financial aid. Most private schools aren't worth it but harvard is.

Plus its harvard. I would love to go there.

There are statistics readily available so why do you say these things?
>>
>>51678293
No phone. Minimalist / solo.

Alt tabbing not really an option as it records that action and would prefer not to break the action.

Unless there's a way to make the alt-tab box not show up on monitor 1 without moving everything.
>>
>>51678306
>Harvard is great because it's Harvard!

Lol this is why these shitdick schools can get away with charging so much. It doesn't better what grades you fucking get, because employers are gonna cream their jeans the moment they see the name "Harvard" on the resume. Bunch of shit.

OP, buy a digital stopwatch. You shouldn't have a problem affording one. Not until you start having to pay your loans, that is~
>>
File: veeman.png (11 KB, 351x293) Image search: [Google]
veeman.png
11 KB, 351x293
>>51678338
I need something that I can associate the time with.

So when I look back after hours of recording I can see shit like: 13:20 - triple kill
1:14:29 - Counterplayed
2:22:16 - Ace'd the team

I need to be able to do this real time without alt tabbing (Literally 20x windows open while recording / streaming) and all three monitors are chock full of shit so there's not much room for something to be alt tabbed to.
>>
>>51678381
Even if you're a retarded MOBA player, you shouldn't need more than a list of notable timestamps to help streamline your highlighting process. I doubt there's a program specifically made for this.

Try this. Use the stopwatch, and a slip of paper. Every time you hit the lap button to record a timestamp, write a one or two letter code to associate it with.
A for Ace, 3 for a triple, A+ for going outside and doing something worthwhile, etc
>>
>>51678338
I'm not OP but it's easy to get full rides. I had a full ride to MIT, Harvard, and Cornell. Only 75% for Stanford though.
>>
>>51678338
Yes? That's why its worth it.

And as a physics major, Harvard has one of the strongest programs available. So yeah, I'd love to go to harvard.
>>
>>51678459
OBS, the recording software, has the time on it.

Also, don't be salty. Streaming is 20k a month easy. I'm always looking for ways to work more efficiently. As far as a code system works, maybe for simple games, but I need something that would work in all situations for all games.
>>
>>51678255

take a screenshot, read file creation timestamp date later.
>>
>>51678522
How about hiring someone to edit your highlight reel, then, if you're making a quarter mil a year? I'll do it for 40k a year, friend. :^)
>>
>>51678499
>differed and wait listed at MIT an Stanford
>never got in either
>rejected from every other Ivy
Kill me
>>
>>51678572
That just means you were outclassed by everyone else or were not a minority. Beating minorities is just another factor in the game even if it is unfair. You'll get over it soon anyway.
>>
>>51678557
Won't work. I'd be staring at a screenshot of a wall or something and wondering wtf it means.

>>51678562
Never selling out.
>>
>>51678609
If you have an nvidia gpu, use shadowplay to automatically make highlight clips.

If you have AMD, well, between being a Knuckle dragging MOBA player, a collegiate kek, AND an AMDfag, you're really just asking for death.
>>
File: file.png (32 KB, 398x311) Image search: [Google]
file.png
32 KB, 398x311
wish me luck
>>
>>51678666
Make sure you use that education to benefit your fellow white men.
>>
>>51678662
Shadowplay doesn't work so well since I watermark my content and other branding / deals so that's not an option. Basically I raw record straight up video for games and then write down the key moments to render later and turn into webm's or use in video reels later, all pre-watermarked / sponsored / etc.
>>
>>51678679
This is a technology board. Discuss that elsewhere
>>
>>51678679
Oh man if you mean by countless hours of tutoring others, I'm over that shit.
>>
>it's this easy to bait /g/

i hate this subreddit
>>
>>51678459
>A+ for going outside and doing something worthwhile
kek.
>>
>>51678694
Okay then, faggot, are you just going to shoot down every attempt to help you or what? I've given you 3 serious responses:

1: stopwatch
> hurr, numbers with no context will confuse my Mongoloid brain

2. Stopwatch with shorthand code
> You mean I'd have to take a moment to make a modular code? Aww...

3. Shadowplay
> muh branding and sponsorship!1!

You ate a Fuckfaggot and I don't quite like you. Goodnight.
>>
>>51678737
>You ate a Fuckfaggot
Yeah, you probably shouldn't eat those...
>>
>>51678737
It's like asking for a burger and you're like "hurr how about a hogdog?"

Thanks for the bumps though.
>>
>>51678765
No, it's more like asking people to figure something out for you, then spending more time shooting down their suggestions than trying to find one yourself.

I find that to be a more accurate analogy.
>>
>>51678605
bluh.
It was shitty essays and interview.

It turns out that announcing that you're a tranny in a car full of interviewers on the way to help with a presentation on cataract surgery isn't the best way.

It's was 3 years ago. Totally over it.
Totally.
>>
File: Maura.grins.4.jpg (75 KB, 580x704) Image search: [Google]
Maura.grins.4.jpg
75 KB, 580x704
Eh, I don't like the idea of Bigname universities. You're paying out the ass unless you're super talented or a minority and although they try to recruit a diverse crowd, I have yet to meet someone who wasn't just a trash human being.

I spent 2 years in Community college, transferred to Berkeley. Got to spend my extra free time pursuing various projects and interests that would brighten my resume and grad school application way more than the name Harvard.

Its nice if you want to just go to school and not give a fuck. But if you're actually driven, having the extra time and money is a way better investment in your future. I got to work at NASA in materials research, just told my CC astronomy professor that's what I was interested in and he sent me a email about a job opening. Had time to go out on weekends and fly my own weather balloons. Hike, fish, see the world. I don't believe in the whole idea of a self-contained bubble schooling system. My CC education was heaps and bounds better than my Berkeley one.

As a side note, you're not a "Physics" major until you get your degree or at the very least make it to upper courses. You're in the sciences. I love freshman trying to sell themselves like they won't be the 90% that drop out. I know the UC system won't even declare it on your transcript until your second year and you pass the "barrier" classes.
>>
>>51678883
Does Physics undergrad have super weed out classes?
>>
>>51678883
I prefer a bubble.I work significantly better when I can surround myself in what im trying to study. If I have other things, I'll never get back on track
>>
File: 1449187889833.jpg (80 KB, 854x385) Image search: [Google]
1449187889833.jpg
80 KB, 854x385
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.