[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Mic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: at2020_vs_yetiusb.jpg (12 KB, 490x316) Image search: [Google]
at2020_vs_yetiusb.jpg
12 KB, 490x316
Stuck between a AT2020 or Blue Yeti. Lay it one me
>>
I had a snowball and it quality was horrendous. Is the yeti really much better?
>>
Audio engineer here. AT2020 by a mile.
>>
I have the AT2020
>>
>>51676774
don't fuck with the yeti, get the audio-technica
>>
>>51676774
Just buy whichever is cheaper. I bought the Yeti because I got it for around half the price of what I was seeing the AT2020 for. The AT2020 is slightly better but isn't worth double the Yeti. Buy the 2020 if all you're seeing is the Yeti close to the price of it.
>>
i work PA in a music store here in CA.
we sell both the yetis and the at2020's.
i personally own the at2020usb+ and I couldn't be happier.
previously i had intended to buy a yeti, but my coworker convinced me to save money and get the AT model.
strongly recommend the AT model.
sincerely, skip's music employee.
>>
Thanks everyone, I personally intended to buy at2020 with arm and pop filter. My close friend is looking at the all black yeti and won't change his mind. More power to me I guess haha
>>
Co sider the Rode NT-USB too. I got it, and it's great
>>
>>51676774
Gaming utoob chanel xtremememestv?
>>
>>51676819
You mean to say that the quality is bad? Or good?

It sounds pretty good on youtube video's and was considering to get one to replace my samson C01U
>>
>>51676819
I've had the yeti and the snowball. Quality is nearly on par with each other. You pretty didn't have it set up right like most people buying into a desktop mic.

Between the at2020 and yeti honestly just buy whatever's cheaper. Unless you're recording instruments its not really going to matter.
>>
What's the best mic I can get for recording male vocals under $100?
>>
>>51676774
Rode NT1-A

:^)
>>
I have AT2005USB which is pretty awesome.
>>
Go for the Samson Meteor if you want to spend 50% less.
>>
>>51676774
Get the AT2020 until you can afford a V67 MXL microphone and audio interface.
>>
>>51676774

fuck yeti, marry AT2020
>>
>>51676774
AT2020 with Scarlett 2i2
>>
>>51676826
Don't call yourself an engineer if you don't have a degree in engineering fucking retard
>>
>>51676774
http://de.rode.com/microphones/nt-usb
If it's on sale it's a good choice.
>>
>>51676774
I am about to buy a ATR2100-USB mainly for skype and mmo voice chatting but also to record my tin whistle, Is it a good decision?
>>
>>51676819
Been using snowball for about half a year now and I have zero complaints really. Also last I checked it was just $60 on amazon while I got it for 90eur here locally (yurofag). Used it for voice comms, recording my shitty guitar practice, and conference/meeting type of stuff with the omnidirectional mode. it works. omnidirectional is obviously worse quality than the direct but it's a perfect mic unless you're building an actual studio
>>
Is there a difference in XLR version that require phantom power and the plain USB for the AT2020?
>>
At2020
>>
>>51676774
at2020 xlr, I love mine. but it does require an interface
>>
File: IMAG0071.jpg (4 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0071.jpg
4 MB, 3024x5376
>>51683003
I recommend this one btw
>>
>>51680833
So I need to stop calling myself a sanitation engineer? Cause I'm pretty damn good at my job!
>>
.>>51676774
>>51676826
>>51680833

Real double degree Audio/electronics engineer here, always trust the hardware that looks the most solid and practical, that has not a particular name, from discrete but known brands that don't try to sell you a story.

Then, go to some actual Music stores and try them yourself. Most solid state condenser mics in the 200-300$ range from AT, Shure, SE, Rode, AKG and brands like that are of the same quality and are plenty good for what you intend to do with them. They are professional grade microphones that are made to record instruments and vocals in a very clean way.

From those rules of thumb you can leave the "Blue Yeti" behind with it's "THX" written on it.
>>
>>51685065
Are you still around anon? i am the guy who was considering the ATR2100-USB, i am a pleb who doesn't really want to get into XLR right now and i
mainly need something for voice and chat to sound clean and not annoy people, but i also play the tin whistle as a hobby and i was wondering, could a
dynamic mic like the atr2100 record tin whistle without completely losing notes? i don't expect anything astonishing, just to be able to record things that
i play sometimes for personal reference.
>>
Yeti is good for portability and ease of use, but if you want good audio quality get the AT2020
>>
Definitely the at2020 i got mine foe £70 which was an amazing deal.
>>
>>51685751
>giant silver dildo good for portability
Don't think so, bud. It sure is built better than the AT2020 but the AT2020 beats it in portability. Yeti is massive compared to the size of the AT2020.
>>
>>51676819
I own both, and the yeti is miles better than the snowball
>>
I'm picking up the monoprice mic when I get mine.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.