[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart Watches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1449200886664.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449200886664.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2000
Does anyone here own one? Will they take off or will they die off pretty soon?
>>
Only old people wear wrist watches and a smart watch isn't as good as a full-sized phone that goes in your pocket.
>>
It's a market segment that was forced into existence that solves a problem nobody had.
I was looking at smartwatches and most don't even have basic watch features like mineral crystals or metal casings.
Personally I think it's cute that tech companies are trying their hardest to reinvent a mature technology that's been perfected for over 70 years, and then tacking on jew features like proprietary wrist straps.
>>
I'm about to pull the trigger on pic related
>>
>>51676656
>solves a problem nobody had

its trying to solve a problem that everyone will be having in the future

look at how big phones are getting. its getting harder and harder to keep them in your pockets.

for the usual notification, taking your phone out of your pocket is really annoying. imagine if you got a facebook/message/reddit/social media message sporadically throughout the day, as if you were a normal person. then imagine taking that phone out every single time. and then putting it back in your pocket. then, not even 5 minutes later, another notificaiton. you don't want to turn off notifications, because you like to know who liked what or what your mother texted you, but you also hate the nuissance of a large phone and your small pockets.

enter the smartwatch. now you can view and dismiss your notificaitons without having to take that large phone out of your pocket. all on your wrist.
>>
>>51676776
You sound like a fucking salesman.
Can't facebook wait until you get home?
holy fucking shit
>>
>>51676776
>imagine if you got a facebook/message/reddit/social media message sporadically throughout the day, as if you were a normal person. then imagine taking that phone out every single time. and then putting it back in your pocket. then, not even 5 minutes later, another notificaiton. you don't want to turn off notifications, because you like to know who liked what or what your mother texted you, but you also hate the nuissance of a large phone and your small pockets.

FUKKEN NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>51676776
i can see the applications for a smartwatch, but i dont think its worth dishing out $200 for one. if anything, id get one of those $20 chick ones just to be able to check my texts and emails without having to get my phone out of my pocket every few minutes
>>
>>51676776
> too much tech to handle throughout the day
> solution? Get more tech!
But think about it, the average person doesn't want to hassle with charging their watch every day. Enter the smart watch charger bracelet. It will go on the same hand to charge it whenever it gets too low. You can even string a few of them together for maximum juice. Truly revolutionary.

ps pls do not steal
>>
>>51676529
nice wrist meme xDDD :DDDDDD
>>
>>51676776
I always thought smartwatch was a dying tech but you actually convinced me that it will probably gain popularity in the near future

like >>51676798 said, you should be a salesman
>>
Why do you think Google doesn't have a "nexus smartwatch" its a niche market for ppl that have too much money to spend.
>>
>>51676776
>for the usual notification, taking your phone out of your pocket is really annoying. imagine if you got a facebook/message/reddit/social media message sporadically throughout the day, as if you were a normal person. then imagine taking that phone out every single time. and then putting it back in your pocket. then, not even 5 minutes later, another notificaiton.
1) normies use facekek and reddit
2) if notifications bother you, TURN THEM OFF FFS.
3) if you have to look at your wrist every 2 seconds to look at the notifications, because "taking that phone out every single time and then putting it back in your pocket" is annoyng somehow, you'll end up looking like a retard.
>>
File: IMG_20151128_161145.jpg (98 KB, 746x328) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151128_161145.jpg
98 KB, 746x328
yep. my wrist fedora is useful when i don't want to be rude in class or meetings. it's also useful to reply to texts while i'm driving. couple other features, like smart lock and find my phone are kinda useful as well.
>>
>>51677634
> if notifications bother you, TURN THEM OFF FFS.
are you dumb
to quote myself:
>you don't want to turn off notifications, because you like to know who liked what or what your mother texted you
.... come on man read the entire post before responding.

>if you have to look at your wrist every 2 seconds to look at the notifications, because "taking that phone out every single time and then putting it back in your pocket" is annoyng somehow, you'll end up looking like a retard
so let me get this straight

you think that looking at your wrist every 2 seconds (not sure where you got this metric from -- this would be considered spam, not notifications/alerts) is a lot more retarded than pulling your phone out of your pocket every 2 seconds???? da fuck????
>>
Why the fuck anybody would want a watch that you have to charge is beyond me. Smartphone can do everything it does anyway.
>>
>>51676776
>reddit
>>
File: 1428260792201.jpg (125 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
1428260792201.jpg
125 KB, 740x740
>>51676529
> Having to spend another fucking $1 to buy a 'Watch' app to compliment its mobile phone Varient.
>>
I got a pebble, turns out it's pretty useful especially for changing music in the car
>>
so what is the cheapest on the market that has an ios app?
>>
>>51676821
>$200
the apple watch is $550 silly goy
>>
>>51678174
which pebble did you get?
>>
>>51678517
The original one not steel
>>
>>51676871
>implying he's not already
>>
Women's pants have small pockets
>>
File: image_9.jpg (183 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image_9.jpg
183 KB, 640x1136
>>51676776
>Facebook
>Reddit
Neurotypical: while I understand your desire to experience this Mongolian claymation forum and contribute to the animated discussions within, it is with great regret that I must inform you that your presence here clashes with the extremely high level autism experienced by the majority of members, meaning your attempts to integrate unfortunately fall flat. As such I feel compelled to ask you to vacate the premises under threat of loud, frog like screeching.
>>
>>51676776
i dont even own a smartphone and my life is just fine without it, i dont need a smartwatch
>>
reminder that any smartwatch that isn't a pebble is shit because battery time
>>
Smartwatches are just watches with additional features like fitness tracking, maps and directions, and notifications. Literally watches that take advantage of the phones we carry nowadays, phones that have always-on and fast internet connections and Bluetooth. If you don't need these just buy a regular watch or none at all (like myself), if you need one pick the one that integrates better with your phone and buy it.

You retards read too much into technology. It's just a companion product for smartphones, some people will love them, others will ignore them. It's not something revolutionary, but not every technology product needs to be like the original iPhone. Stop visiting The Verge and Engadget if you think that way.
>>
Pebble Steel worth it if you're not very poor. Pebble Time if you want a functionally updated but aesthetically inferior watch.

It does the basic things a smartwatch should do which is basically give you texts, emails, Facebook, Twitter, and other notifications, as well as some lesser functionality in apps like bus tracking, music control, she so on. It lasts 7 or 10 days depending on whether it's the Time or regular version. It also has buttons instead of a stupid touchscreen so you can use it without giving it your full attention once you memorize a few commands or make shortcuts.

If you're basically looking for a watch with a bright LCD screen with flashy video display, touchscreen, and okay Google functionality but 1 day battery life and 2x the price, look at every other smartwatch because they're all basically the same, like phones.
>>
>>51676529
How small is that fucking wrist?
>>
Plebble Steel is pretty godtier. W/o BT, it lasts 2 or more weeks, easy.
>>
>>51676529
They will be remembered as the parachute pants of this decade
>>
>>51676656
Exactly this. I had a Moto 360 for some time and it was almost always less practical than just checking my phone.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.