[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OPERATION RMS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: RMS.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
RMS.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
I will be at a lecture tomorrow afternoon hosted by RMS. This will be followed by a meet-and-greet.

What should I do/wear/ask him? I want to make an impression. I will record the interaction if I get some good ideas.
>>
>>51675595
>What should I ask him?
Normal and legitimate questions to which he has not already recorded and published an answer to.

If you can't manage that, nothing.
>>
Let me interject here for a while. He really like chicken salad subs.
>>
File: pepe#226.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
pepe#226.png
51 KB, 657x527
>no suggestions
>>
>>51675697
>pepe#226
jesus christ
>>
>>51675595
Ask him about his thoughts on TempleOS and if it's FSF endorsed!!!!

If he says no, he's a fucking nigger cia kike shill and you should kick his ass for god.
>>
>fucking with an old man who just wants to help people
>>
Ask him to repeat in Spanish.
>>
>>51675595
Ask when we will see GUIX+Hurd?
>>
>>51675595
Ask him about his relationship with Linus Torvalds. I hear Linus don't like Richard very much.
>>
>>51675811
>If he says no, he's a fucking nigger cia kike shill and you should kick his ass for god.
Pretty sure Terry has said lot'sa stuff against the FSF and anyone involved, so there's no point
>>
>>
Ask why he pronounces "Oh-ess ten" as "Mack ohss'icks."
>>
>>51675595
personally I would just thank him for everything.

I already understand him so perfectly, I would enver need to ask him anything.
>>
>>51675595
>What should I do/wear/ask him?

What exactly was it that he ate from between his toes?
>>
Ask how people can practically modify and redistribute client-side website javascript.
>>
If it were me, I'd start off with saying how much I appreciate his contributions and philosophy even if I don't always agree with him. Then I'd ask him ... Oh shit I'd just thank him and walk away.
>>
ASK HIM INSTALL GENTOO
>>
Wear a burgundy polo
>>
Ask him if GNU+Linux inherently supports feminism
>>
File: very nice.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
very nice.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>51677133
>>
Ask him if he thinks the dogmatic approach of the FSF is worth the loss of relevance within the GNU/Linux world.
>>
>>51675811
TERRY DONT
>>
File: THX-1138-6.jpg (238 KB, 1399x628) Image search: [Google]
THX-1138-6.jpg
238 KB, 1399x628
>>51675595

If the human brain is the "killer app" of the animal kingdom, then the modern computer is the killer app of humanity. (for lack of a longer & better explanation)

Love him or hate him, RMS is right to want to keep software free, no matter what it takes. Computers are thinking machines, in that they're extensions of our brains. We're collectively too young and stupid right now as a species to realize that he's literally trying to preserve our right to "freedom of thought."

Just thank him for devoting his life to the cause, state your qualifications, and ask him what you can do to help his movement.

(If he should fail...pic related)
>>
>>51676475

fucking this
>>
File: stalamanpantsu.png (197 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
stalamanpantsu.png
197 KB, 450x338
>>51675595
>>
>>51675595
As him if Linux is open source
He will flip burgers...
>>
>>51675595
> *neet-and-greet
FTFY
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 320x180
>>51675595
sing him the song of your people
>>
>>51677410
This desu
>>
>>51676475
this x 1000

make sure he knows you're recording his autismal rage, he really enjoys it.
>>
>>51679341
kekaroonie
>>
>>51675595
Ask his opinions about pedophilia and necrophilia
>>
>>51676465
This.
>>
Ask him why he eats shit from his foot.
>>
>>51679762
ideological extremes are not helpful
>>
>>51675595
ask him why he doesn't keep a parrot as a pet if he likes them so much
>>
bump

keep us posted

inb4 pic related
>>
Just ask him out desu.
Ask him if celibacy is required for using Emacs
>>
>>51675595
Say you can't understand him then steal his bag, post results.
>>
>>51681833
He's answered this. Celibacy is not even required to be a saint in the church of Emacs.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.