[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I tried replacing my current cpu, the A4, with the Athlon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: vegeta_in_the_rain_by_boutassai.jpg (324 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
vegeta_in_the_rain_by_boutassai.jpg
324 KB, 900x675
So I tried replacing my current cpu, the A4, with the Athlon X4 860k I recently just got. For some reason it wouldn't work and I got POST beeps.

So I put back the old cpu and fan and while it works the cpu fan won't work. I tried using the new stock fan from Athlon and it still wouldn't work! What could be the reason my fan isn't working anymore?

Mobo is Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H and it's for budget build only.
>>
did you plug in the fan controller to the motherboard?
>>
>>51674081
Don't have a fan controller.
>>
>>51674036
Reset CMOS and update firmware?
>>
>>51674195
I put the cpu fan in the case fan header and it's working. But the cpu fan header doesn't work.
>>
>>51674471
Still, firmware update is probably relevant to getting your 860k working.
>>
>>51674514
Are you talking about the BIOS?

Because I just done updated the BIOS and the new CPU is still not working.
>>
>>51674680
Yep BIOS, though that's legacy terminology. Did you reset your CMOS after the update?
>>
>>51674847
Yes I have. Its under the name "Load Optimized Defaults" but it should be the same. I think.
>>
>>51674969
no. reset it. use the physical jumper or even better, take out the battery and momentarily connect the parts that were touching the top and bottom of the battery together with something metal to remove any remaining charge.
>>
>>51675023
Ok, I just removed the baterry.
>>
> I tried using the new stock fan from Athlon and it still wouldn't work! What could be the reason my fan isn't working anymore?

you blew out the driver chips for the fan. time for a new mb.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.