[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am goign to get a GPU and I don't know which is better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: amd vs nvida.jpg (132 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
amd vs nvida.jpg
132 KB, 600x300
I am goign to get a GPU and I don't know which is better the 970 or 390 in terms of drivers, 390 offers better performance overall but I ened help on which nvida or amd drivers are better.
>>
>>51671497
That's a really specific concern with a really clear answer.
You wouldn't happen to receive a paycheck from nVidia would you?
>>
Both companies are shit.
AMD and Nvidia are shit.
>>
>>51671526
What?
>>
>>51671546
this t b h
don't get any of them
>>
>>51671526
The amd drivers are better than the Nvidia ones though...
>>
>>51671497
There is quiet literally nothing wrong with amd's drivers, the only "issue" you could really find is that they don't release drivers every time a new game comes out

the 390 is superior in nearly every way and you get better DX12 support in addition to having to spend less to get an adaptive sync display
>>
>3.5
>>
loving my 390
>>
>>51671855
>most recent drivers destroys cards
Yeah 'better'
>>
>>51671920
>20%
>>
>>51671497
>ened
Paid Indian shill detected. Abandon thread.
>>
>>51671875

tell that to those who play Elite Dangerous who have had an unplayable game for more than 3 months now because AMD cant figure out how to make working drivers.
>>
>>51674606
I know a guy who plays ED with a 280x at 4k, what's the issue?
>>
>>51671497
The 390 is the better card, but Team Green cheats so the 970 will most likely get you better performance short-term. Get the 390 if you aren't planning on upgrading in a year.
>>
>>51674575
no it doesn't, cards will shut down way before they cook or overheat
>>
>>51674684
>will shut down way before they cook or overheat
That's if the driver works correctly and doesn't throttle your fans to 20% moron.
>>
>>51674684
That's if you have good drivers that actually work AMDumb
>>
File: 7.webm (2 MB, 730x410) Image search: [Google]
7.webm
2 MB, 730x410
>51674628

framerate drops from 200 down to 7 in when traveling around in supercruise. started after the first driver release for r300 series.

watch framerate in bottom left and skip ahead if needed. noted on AMD's site for months now.

[59475] Elite: Dangerous - Poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode under Windows® 10

Worse performance in game on my new 390 than my old 660ti.
>>
>>51674754
the way that that FPS goes down makes me think that that is thermal throttling... hows the cooling done in your case / on your card?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.