[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I no longer block ads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 5LJfYL4.jpg.png (752 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
5LJfYL4.jpg.png
752 KB, 640x960
I no longer block ads. After growing up, I have realized that companies actually do earn money on this stuff. It hurts the Web as a whole if no one is able to figure out making money on it. Since this is INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, it makes sense that commercial information that communicates with the purpose of selling is going to drive a lot of the economic flow around this. In other words, it is good for the Web that companies advertise.

What we need is not less advertising. We need less intrusive advertising. Advertising that does not work in a way that is offensive. I think 4chan's banners are a good example of that. J-list's banners are not annoying. They even fit the color scheme of the SFW boards. Whereas the top 4chan image is annoying and obnoxious at this point (military guys with odd faces).

Environmentally, very little resources go into a single delivery of banners compared to a single delivery of printed advertisements. So say NO to printed advertisements, but allow digital ones unless they are done in such a way that the website ruins your user experience through them. (Newspapers are notoriously bad here.)

Picture unrelated.
>>
i block ads
>>
File: 1429666476265.jpg (94 KB, 680x611) Image search: [Google]
1429666476265.jpg
94 KB, 680x611
>>51670283
good goyim
>>
I'm not blocking the ads, I just told my browser to refuse the ads permission to appear in my browser.
>>
File: steal this meme.jpg (7 KB, 261x232) Image search: [Google]
steal this meme.jpg
7 KB, 261x232
>>51670547
thats our board's new catchphrase now isnt it?
>>
>>51670283
Nice post Jacob
>>
>>51670283
i don't block ads on 4chan but i do on just about any other site. especially youtube. i also don't block ads on ashemaletube because they asked nicely
>>
>>51670283
let the average grunts do the ad watching for you
tech people deserve better
>>
File: 1435842709763.png (13 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
1435842709763.png
13 KB, 239x211
>>51670283
Good, I'll just keep blocking then. Thanks for paying for my snappy, clean experience :^)
>>
Literally every ad dollar from this site goes to "Moot's foundation for the furtherment of women in tech" I hope you are happy OP
>>
>>51670283
I wonder if anyone actually thinks like this?
>>
Not blocking ads is very irresponsible in a web where virtually any website could be serving malicious ads and there's nothing the end user could do about it.
>>
>>51670680
I don't even know what that is.
But my point was not even about 4chan, I just used the site as an example of unobtrusive ads.

>>51670655
>not having fast enough internet to always, under every circumstance, have super fast, super snappy internet

>>51670654
I actually laughed. Tech people masterrace.
>>
>>51670283
>Edward Snowden says using an ad-blocker is 'not just a right but a duty'
https://archive.is/aZP3V
>>
The internet is a pull technology. I merely refuse to request ads from the internet.
>>
>>51670283
Meanwhile, I actually taught a small, impromptu class on blocking ads on most browsers in under five minutes
>>
>I think 4chan's banners are a good example of that

Which is why I add 4chan to the whitelist. Fuck the rest of your jewish commanders, Abraham. Tell them to dock your pay for the day because you didn't do your fucking job on /g/
>>
>>51670283
Malware.
>>
>>51670654
This.
Why i hate popular adblock. And apple making it possible on le iphone
>>
I still block ads, your evil plan didn't work OP
>>
>>51670283
God damn you're dumb. Whether you're really this dumb or just playing this dumb is up for debate and I'm not sure which option is dumber.
>>
File: Clint Eastwood Laughing.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
Clint Eastwood Laughing.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>51670283
The people who are in charge of the decision to put six banners, two videos, a pop-up, a pop-under, a redirect, two surveys, and heavily push a premium service on their website don't give a gosh darn shit about you.

You have the option to whitelist any website you feel respectively handles advertisements.

Fuck off with your "growing up" shit. You're retarded.
>>
File: 1434323633694.jpg (110 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1434323633694.jpg
110 KB, 960x960
>>51670727
>yfw WebSocket pushes you an ad.
>>
>>51670283
Ok.

I will continue to block them because I have self-respect.
>>
im blocking ads unless there's a way for me to legitimately pay to remove them
ive been living a life away from consumerism and it's been absolutely amazing
i go back for a week (when visiting family and shit) and there's never a time where there isn't an ad playing on their TVs. nah fuck that shit. fuck ads entirely. ill pay the service for their content and *nothing more*
>>
>>51670283
hmm this is a special type of autism but i think it's bait so i won't delve deeper into why I believe you deserve terminal cancer
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.