[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/spg/ - Smartphone General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: Chinkphone.jpg (204 KB, 1846x1153) Image search: [Google]
Chinkphone.jpg
204 KB, 1846x1153
Chinkphone Edition

Previous:>>51643506

POST WHAT COUNTRY YOU ARE IN WHEN SEEKING PURCHASING ADVICE

A general thread to collect all of the smartphone threads into one place

Suggestions to this general OP post are appreciated!

>YouTube Reviewers
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAngelofmusic1989
https://www.youtube.com/user/marquesbrownlee
https://www.youtube.com/user/AndroidAuthority
https://www.youtube.com/user/pocketnowvideo
https://www.youtube.com/user/gadgetmatch

>/g/ Approved Review Sites
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.notebookcheck.net

>Anon's Mobile Device Guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMugiNgJ2qteHBfNFJyLUgxN1k/view
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WI4dKGcwWjn5XpTgfLsK8c0cipRzrWbVpiLGeVr55Ks/htmlview?sle=true)

>To see if your phone (model) would work somewhere else in the world or just different carrier:
http://willmyphonework.net

>/spg/ Wikia
http://smartphone-general-spg.wikia.com/wiki/Smartphone_General_-_/spg/_Wikia

FEEL FREE TO HELP EDIT

>/g/ Approved brands:

* Nexus because of updates, unlocked to carriers, and good value
* Samsung because of pure performance even despite touchwiz, also best cameras
* Motorola for being near stock, good quality. Customer support isn't what it was.
* LG for still offering removable batteries and SD card slots
* Oneplus if you want decent phones, but be aware they have a bad reputation for support
* Firefox fx0 for $60, it's the ultimate poorfag phone. <--- people are saying that's not true, what have you found?
* Sony for offering good performing phones, great quality, dev support. Not so available in the US.
>>
File: sony-xperia-z5-premium.jpg (127 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
sony-xperia-z5-premium.jpg
127 KB, 1200x750
Hello /spg/ I have just bought my first mobile telephone in seven years. The brand is Sony Xperia Z5 Premium and I wanted to know how to optimise it the best and remove all the pre installed junk. Any tips and info will be appreciated. Thank you in advance
>>
>>51667697
http://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-remove-bloatware-from-your-android-device-xda-tv/
>>
To continue from last thread :

What's the best (quality/price) smartphone between 100$ and 150$?
>>
>>51667731
Which country? Are you the French guy?
>>
>>51667731
Ulefone Paris
>>
>>51667746
Yup, I'm putting all theses phones in a spreadsheet and I'm trying to find the best for the buck.
>>
>>51667731
I can only speak for Chinese devices:
Oukitel K4000, Ulefone Paris, Redmi Note 2, and theLenovo K3 Note.

Those off the top of my head are all solid devices with different positives and negatives.
>>
>>51667731
*The* best? No clue. But some to look at:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (cheaper 16GB edition falls in that price range) and Redmi 2 2GB
Umi Hammer S
Lenovo K3
DooGee Y100 Pro
>>
Guys help me decide between Ulephone Power and the XiaoMi Redmi Note 2
The Ulephone has 3Gb of RAM but i'm not sure about that brand desu
>>
Hi anons, does anyone know how quick oneplus is with updates? I want to pick up a oneplus x, but also want those new emoji.
>>
>>51667867
fairly slow desu, there is no date on marshmallow besides "2016" for the OP2. Nothing even discussed for OPO or OPX yet I dont think.
>>
I posted this in the last thread but figured since it is chinkphone edition I'll post it again.

It looks like Xiaomi wants to come to the US.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2015/12/02/qualcomm-and-xiaomi-sign-3g4g-license-agreement
>>
>>51667858
Take the one you prefer.

If you brand whore, it'll always be Xiaomi between these two (pretty much no doubt, doesn't get much hotter than Xiaomi as far as brands go), but I'm not sure this is entirely a sane mode of making decisions.
>>
>>51667858
Unless you want super long battery than go for the Note 2. Also have you considered the Note 3 which has even better battery life ?
>>
Aight niggas I want a phone that has a very good and quick camera.
gimme some recommendations based on personal uses.
>>
>>51667884
>>51667867
To be fair you can flash CM13 on it if you want to already I'm fairly sure
>>
>>51667901
Well it's clearly in their long term goals but I don't think a license signed in China has any impact on America.
>>
>>51667923
It means they can finally sell the radios needed in the US though legally
>>
>>51667916
Sure, but it would be nice for one plus to actually support their customers with legit updates from the manufacturer.

Not everyone wants to install CM either.
>>
>>51667912
> quick camera
You probably want PDAF as feature.

Redmi Note 2 has it, Mi4C has it, OnePlus X has it.

They're not the *very* best cameras on the market, but to get the the best ones, you'll be paying twice as much for the phone... and ultimately it'll still be just a snapshooter phone, not really a MILC or DSLR.
>>
I got the z2 yesterday and holy shit my mind is blown away. So fucking smooth and fast. Battery also refuses to die
>>
>>51667948
That's your customer service for ya

What do you think Oxygen OS is though? It's just a rip off of CM isn't it because Oneplus couldn't work out shit with CM?
>>
>>51667937
Ah I see your thinking! Next year maybe? (hopefully!)
>>
>>51667905
Do you think 2Gb's of Ram will be obsolete quickly?
>>51667910
yea i looked at it and i was put off by it not having a card slot
>>
>>51667858
dont buy chink no name brands like ulefon elefon dogee,leagoo,cubot etc
huawei,letv,xiaomi,meizu,vivo,oppo,lenovo,zte are fine rest are dogshit
>>
>>51667984
I hope so, Xiaomi would be some great competition especially if they keep their unlocked bootloaders and easy flashing of alternate roms

>>51667989
You're buying a budget phone, 2GB is all you will get.
>>
>>51667989
I definitely would wait for reviews before going near the Power. 2GB of RAM should be ok unless you're big into multitasking or gaming I guess.
>>
>>51668004
>elefon
>dogee
toplel
>>
>>51668004
Once again Ulefone, Cubot, Dogee, and perhaps Elephone (I don't like them myself) make some solid devices and are not complete shit as some may say. What is important is that you read up on reviews of the device before you buy.
>>
>>51667956
PS: The cameras *are* however decent. Just not defining the very high end (that would be more like the Lumia 950, Iphone 6s, Nexus 6p - all cost twice as much or more).

Check out some samples, eh.

>>51667989
>Do you think 2Gb's of Ram will be obsolete quickly?
That is really hard to say. I don't think so, myself.

Ultimately, the apps I personally use are actually only like 400MB ... if I use them all together.

Well, nobody stops Google from releasing an Android that obsoletes older Androids while using tons of RAM... or making Play or other important apps extremely bloat-tastic. Can't be sure. Just guessing that no.
>>
>>51667989
UMI Rome has 3gb at 120$
>>51668012
>>
>>51668051
Doogee (fuck)
>>
>>51668060
>UMI Rome
WTF is the catch on that phone? Holy hell I hope Chinese phones make it to the US in larger numbers
>>
>>51668012
>You're buying a budget phone, 2GB is all you will get.
Hrm. Not entirely.
Elephone P8000 or P6000 3GB RAM refresh variant
Redmi Note 3 (end of year)
--
Zenfone 2
Oneplus 2 (maybe at $300 it's slowly getting out of the budget range)

And quite a few more have 3-4GB RAM.
>>
>>51668072
PS: Checked again, the full listing would be like 30 phones under $200 on a glance, with just briefly checking 3 export stores that have a filter for RAM size >= 3GB.
>>
>>51668051
but i do,and ulefon and dogee famous for lying about specs,elephone has awfull softwer optimization,no one in china knows about those brands,only people in the west buy those shit from aliexpres and the co
>>
File: turing-phone-1.jpg (83 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
turing-phone-1.jpg
83 KB, 950x534
What's everyone's opinion on Turing Phone?

>3gb ram
>3000mah
>waterproof and very durable

Of course there are cons like not using standard usb charging ports, it's rather large size, etc.

Retailing from 600$ and up...
>>
>>51668069
Hey it's almost the same specs as the ulefon paris

And if you want a more wtf : DOOGEE at 80$ for good specs too (just a 4core 1.0 ghz instead of 1.3 with 8core)
>>
>>51667901
I've been waiting for the mi4 to come to North American markets for a while now, so this is good news! However, they've also been hinting at this for a while now as well, so I'm sort of jaded. It'll probably be mid-2016 before they release any North American-band supporting device...
>>
File: 1384719511498.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1384719511498.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>>51668147
>that design
>600$
>mfw
>>
>>51668126
I agree with regards to Elephone but as I said despite the lying some of the devices are really good but you must watch/read reviews before purchasing. I think it would be ridiculous to disregard that many large manufacturers purely based on past mistakes. Also I buy phones from Ulefone/Cubot frequently despite living in the West.
>>
File: turing-phone-wyvern.jpg (24 KB, 1082x609) Image search: [Google]
turing-phone-wyvern.jpg
24 KB, 1082x609
>>51668172
There is also a black variant for those not a fan of the gundam style white-red.
>>
>>51668147
Way overpriced and seems to be banking on selling based on unique looks.

The waterproof and durability features are present in a lot of new phones releasing today including the newest Moto G so it's not really that interesting to me.
>>
Can someone tell me why there are basically no reviews out for the Xperia Z5?

It seems there are reviews of every other phone but the Z5 out there. There are some compact reviews out there but not that many.
Most seem to focus on the premium model, which by the way, is completely pointless in every single way and does nothing better than the regular Z5 or the Z5c.

I just want to find good reviews of the phone and not have people spend 90% of the time talking about either a gimmick (4k screen) or how "the screen is too small" (on the Compact, something it was designed for).
>>
LG G3, HTC One M8, or Oneplus One? In usa, using tmobile/family mobile
I want the G3 for that 1440p screen but the battery life looks like shit, the HTC one has the best design and camera out of the lot but i dont know if there's support or custom roms available for the phone. Oneplus one has the best support but idk how long that will last.

Can someone help me choose here?
>>
>>51667669
>tfw you finally added Sony to /g/ approved phones
>>
>>51668210
While they are catering to the "unique looks" market, I believe they're touting it as the "most secure smartphone ever", the next blackphone. Unfortunately it doesn't have google play.
>>
>>51668246
its easy,htc m8 or opo,lg is crap,laggy with shit battery life
>>
Why isn't Apple on the list of approved phones? I mean they're expensive but are still great.
>>
>>51668246
1440p screen is a meme, you won't notice any difference between 1080p and this.

I dunno about the M8, but seems it was the last decent HTC phone.

All of them for the same price?
>>
>>51668261
No Google Play is a bit stupid but I suppose security could go down well in the business circles considering the newest Blackberry doesn't really satisfy this need.
>>
>>51668291
around the same if you use ebay
>>
>>51668246
>the HTC one has the best design and camera out of the lot
>htc phone
>best camera

lmao what the fuck
>>
>>51668277
Do you eat shit from your own hands? Sure sounds like you do.
>>
>>51668277
I think only the 6s even marginally make sense now, and only if you have too much money and want to spend it on a phone's p&s camera.

Not sure why you should bother at that price, though.
>>
>>51668353
I don't particularly like Apple products but I'm not going to deny they have great specifications and features.
>>
I absolutely love my vodafone smart ultra 6, got it unlocked for £1.99 on ebay, the phone is £100 direct from Vodafone, it's a rebrand of the ZTE S6 lux. 1080p 5.5 inch screen almost stock android Lollipop, octocore processor, extremely good phone, prefer it over HTC one M8
>>
Coming from Galaxy S3 mini to an iPhone 6S Plus, worth the change?
Also what are the must have apps for iOS ?
>>
>>51668338
facing speakers ftw.
worst camera ever... esp m7
>>
>>51668383
Cool, how is the battery life?
>>
>>51668381

Fuck off, I don't feel like arguing with some iShill.

Apple is shit and using apple products makes you a fucking idiot unless you HAVE to use it for work or Logic/whatever their movie shit is.
>>
>>51668147

Looks like a race car.
>>
>>51668393
Fucking leave, go to macrumors forum. You're an idiot for purchasing an Apple shit device.
>>
>>51668338
does the one plus one have a better camera?
>>
When's Xiaomi's next press event? Hoping for either Mi5 or Mi4 to North America announcement.
>>
>>51668410
>iShill

Mate I'm sitting here with my fucking Cubot X9, I've only every owned one Apple product which was an iTouch 3rd Gen that I sold for a Nexus 7. As I said the iPhone is a really good device, there's a reason they're reviewed so well and are popular.
>>
OnePlus One here. Do I need to unlock the bootloader to install COS 12.1? Will it void warranty? (not that I'd get support anyway..)
>>
>>51668069
Yea holy shit, it was just lacking a better front camera, but then again the UMI Iron offers an 8MP one and it doesn't even reach 200 euros
>>
>>51668459
The reason is Apple marketing and Apple's early lead with the original iPhone.

iPhones aren't worth the money. Having to deal with iTunes is fucking retarded. The closed off eco-system is awful.

Stop spewing this shit here, Apple shills aren't welcome on /g/.
>>
>>51668473
Rooting doesn't affect OnePlus warranties afaik
>>
File: 18ha560ii1h2yjpg.jpg (232 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
18ha560ii1h2yjpg.jpg
232 KB, 640x480
>>51668492
>Tripfag
>Saying something doesn't belong on a board
>>
>>51668517
If you want real irony, google my actual tripcode and look for super old posts.
>>
>>51668455
> Hoping for either Mi5 or Mi4 to North America announcement.
You're probably hoping for a bit much... but good luck, eh.
>>
I've got a 3.5" phone, isn't 5" too big?
>>
>>51668529
No, why don't you just say what it is.
>>
File: 4L_DAonRtpd.jpg (56 KB, 598x432) Image search: [Google]
4L_DAonRtpd.jpg
56 KB, 598x432
I'm interested in going back to android. I've mainly used Samsung notes and an sick of them. They do well at first, but then forced broken (and late) android updates break all usability, and it takes Samsung another half year to push a fix. Also, it's hard to get roots me Samsung devices now.

I just switched to an iPhone, and it's pretty nice, though I miss a lot of the perks of android.

If Apple ditches its aux port, I'm going back to android. I need great battery life, great software support, great community support, and reliable durability. My 6 plus gave me most all of that.
>>
>>51668500
Ok thanks
>>
>>51668147

>No headphone jack
>Weird charging port
>No micro USB
>>
>>51668563
I used to be a macfaggot tripfag in like 2008-2009 I think, was the worst one on the board. I'd just simply post and get 300+ replies with hate.

I sold all my Apple shit in 2013, thank god. Fuck Apple in the ass.
>>
>>51668558
5' display is the average size
5'5 for me is ideal and 6'' is too big
>>
>>51668590
>>51668558

I think we will see a return to smaller phones, the demand is there.
>>
>>51668277
The only reasons is either recently were the great integration with homosex, which I am now really into, and because I was having bad experiences with android. I'm thinking of switching back, but agreed, they're definitely great, reliable phones. I've been really impressed with the stability and battery life of my 6 plus, but so many of the restrictions still piss me off.
>>
>>51668631
*i switched, not "is either"
>>
>>51668631
Applefags that got their first iPhones this gen need to realize that the 6s gen are the first ones with true competitive batteries to Android - meaning only a few Android phones beat them entirely.

Also, just wait until you update your OS. Apple loves to make sure the updates lag your phone out super bad.

All the android phones I own are faster on lollipop/marhsmallow. None of my iPhone got faster with OS updates, and I owned every phone from the 3G to the 5, the original iPod Touch, and the original iPad.
>>
>>51668408
Best battery life I've had on a phone in a long time
>>
>>51668672
What did you mean when you mentioned "closed off ecosystem" earlier?
>>
>>51668711
Unless you jailbreak, you have to install apps from Apple's insanely policed, hand-holding app store. There are a lot of apps they don't allow at all, and they have poor support for older versions of applications for iPhones that didn't get updated past two years, which does happen.

On Android, you can use any app store you want - Google Play, Chinese app stores, Fdroid which is an open source app store, Amazon's app store, etc. You can also install .apks from any source if you want to.

Hell, you don't even have to use google apps on Android if you don't want to. That's the beauty of it.
>>
>>51668672
I'm sure. The battery life claims and the bigger phone were the only other things that made me even consider switching. I like big phones because I have big hands, and so I would have never even considered an iPhone had they not introduced the plus.

Also, the keyboard on these phones are just sooo good. It's gonna be hard coming back to the Google keyboard. I've yet to find another that is as accurate as apple's. Their shit is always so ergonomic compared to the competition (trackpad is another example), but the shit they do with their phones is just so stupid. I wish they'd give power users the option to do away with all of the Apple shackles in their iPhones like they do on OS X. OS X is god tier, but the fucking iOS restrictions. God.
>>
Duh, just read some ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/ulefone-paris-5-inch-hd-mtk6753-t3161553/page3 ) people who were not really happy the ulefon paris or the brand because they don't send many update.

At the same time I've been on android 2.3 for years now..

How much better is the lenovo K3?
>>
>>51668765
OS X isn't god tier. It's a piece of shit OS.

It destroys HDDs because of the shitty file system it has. Not actually destroys them, but they have stupid amounts of corruption because HFS whatever is a bad file system.

Their trim support for SSDs is trash as well.

Finder is the worst file browser of any major OS. Absolute garbage.

Complete lack of legacy program support. Programs made for OS X just 5 years ago don't work unless they were actively updated.

Most programs are inferior on OS X to their Windows counterparts.

OS X is also a lot slower on the same machine. I was using Windows 7 over OS X on my apple machines after just a few years because OS X was so much slower, even for daily tasks.
>>
File: phone.jpg (81 KB, 990x636) Image search: [Google]
phone.jpg
81 KB, 990x636
>>51668051
>>51668126
I am from Europe and am pondering whether to buy the Elephone P8000, since its cheap, has nice specs and an open source rom.

So /g/, if anybody here has it, how is it and does somebody know where to look for the SAR values? I mean, the device apparently has CE approval to be sold in Europe, but still, I don't want to risk cancer out of pure greed.
>>
>>51668775
As much as I think Lenovo is awful, you'd be better off with Lenovo I'd imagine.

Don't expect consistent updates on budget phones though.

>>51668765
BTW, you can change your keyboards on android devices, been able to for years. Apple users tend to like swiftkey, I'm pretty sure. There are plenty of keyboards that copy Apple's on Android.

Can't change your keyboard on iOS.
>>
What does it mean chinkphones don't have support? Assuming unlocked bootloader, can't you update yourself?

What's the problem with "non-removable" battery? Can't you disassemble the phone and resolder a new one?
>>
>>51668886
Disassembling your phone voids warranty and it isn't user friendly.
>>
>>51668886
>Assuming unlocked bootloader, can't you update yourself?
ROMs are very device specific, unless there are devices with very similar hardware, still not a guarantee for working and reliable ROMs. See LG P880, same Nvidia Tegra chipset as Nexus 2012 tablet (afaik), yet most ROMs lack some features or have weird bugs going on
>>
>>51668897
>warranty
>chinkphone
>caring about user-friendliness
>>51668903
That's interesting, thanks. I'm guessing you can fix issues if you have the know-how.
>>
How's the new moto g ?
>>
>>51668933
and is it worth 170€ ?
>>
>>51668933
No gyro

iffy support because Lenovo fired 2/3s of the Android staff at Motorola Mobility

great battery

decent performance

don't bother with the 8GBROM/1GBRAM version

doesn't work on CDMA carriers anymore
>>
>>51668933
Mike?
>>
>>51668959
why not the 1gb ram version ?
>>
>>51668957
no buy used sony z1c or z2 instead
>>
>>51668933
More or less like a more expensive, worse variant of the Redmi 2 2GB... mostly because of missing gyro and non-removable battery.

Worse than almost every phone people mention in these threads.

>>51668957
No, given the Redmi 2 2GB is $100-120, and a Redmi Note 2 is $160-170 for even the better edition...
>>
>>51668972
Cause 1GB of ram is worthless and 8GB of storage leave little room for applications, even with the SD card.
>>
>>51669003
Yeah the newest Moto /g/ I'm learning is a real piece of crap unless you are in the US and can't get other chinkphones.
>>
>>51668849
Would be pretty noice if somebody knew answers to my questions.
>>
>>51669025
And since he used the Euro as currency, the odds are pretty tiny that he is in the USA.

Arguably, I'd think the 2GB Moto G variant is probably "useful enough" for most people - should run pretty much all the stuff they want to run minus perhaps some games and emulators. It's just not a terribly good deal.
>>
>>51669051
Motorola really lost its touch when it was purchased by Lenovo. What a fucking shame...
>>
>>51669007
>>51669003
ok thanks just saw a deal at a local shop and thought moto g ain't shite
>>
How many of the people recommending the garbage that is redmi note 2 actually own the phone ? You faggots should stop recommending shit just because it has nice specs on paper. Its a fucking shitfest with about a million of bugs and every week they fix some and add more. Never again buying chink shit that gets updated every week just for the sake of it. Proper companies take time to release updates but at least they are tested
>>
>>51669088
What was the deal? DESU don't waste money on the 8gb version no matter the price

>>51669104
I kind of agree about recommending phones you haven't used, but there's a difference between saying "look into these" and "I've personally used this and own this"
>>
>>51669050
http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-6771-1-1.html
>0.038W/KG
according to this
>>
I'm looking for a phone that would be basically Nexus 4 with SD slot.
>>
>>51669050
EU permissible SAR rating limits will kill you with cancer anyways, they're almost 1.5 times as high as the US ones.

Also, just take the Indian approach and use the phone in hands-free mode for safety.
>>
>>51669126
170€ not really into phones and thought it was a good deal (1gb and 8gb)
>>
Why do you guys never talk about Windows Phone?
>>
Is the One Plus One still worth it? I found it at an acceptable price and I can buy it instantly.
>>
>>51669153
there's no cheap windows phone with good specs
>>
>>51669153
Too few people using it, trust me I think all of us here would rather Windows phone do well than iOS do well

I'd recommend it if it had more users/more apps... but less than 5% user share is pathetic
>>
Is a Mediatek octacore processor worth anything?
Like the one on the Redmi Note 3
>>
>>51669157
Yes if you can get it at a good price do it, great value
>>
>>51669170
>>51669181
Hopefuly Windows 10 will help with the no apps shit. I really like my little 532
>>
>flash CM12.1 on my S4
>everything turns to shit
>camera is slow
>speakerphone is really quiet

Can I use Kies to fully factory reset this shit?
>>
>>51669104
You can use any of the other ROMs if you don't like it, or not automatically update (setting, eh).

Never mind I couldn't even see what bothered you, I think the mail app was buggy for a week or something, but beyond that?
>>
Is Meizu MX4 decent?
Also, when will newer One Plus devices like X be available without some invite bullshit?
>>
>>51669216
I do know that the development environment changes for making programs for Windows now makes it stupid easy to make programs for Windows 10 phones.

I'm sure we will see more applications, especially from business use of these phones. Microsoft needs to chase those business contracts.

They also need to figure their shit out with Verizon - that's nearly half of the nation's cell phone users in the US that won't have good Windows phones, just budgets or 2 year old Lumia phones.
>>
>>51669186
Yes. It's an upper midrange processor, pretty fast and neat.

There are faster processors on phones right now, but almost no app currently requires as much as a Helio X10 anyways.
>>
>>51669232
Go to XDA
>>
>>51669254
>Is Meizu MX4 decent?
I think it was quite good a year ago, so it should still be relatively okay.

I think the only bigger reason to get it is Ubuntu, though. And I do not think Ubuntu mobile is actually good.

Also, the successor phone is out, isn't it?
>>
Best way to stream animu from my pc to my android phone while I am on the street?
>>
>>51669025
>>51669063
>>51669088
What else is good for ~$200? For USA carriers.
>>
So while not a smart phone but I wanna know about a good android tablet. Like nexus phones for the stock android but I really want a SD card slot. Also looking for 10 inchs or so of screen.

What should i get?
>>
>>51669315
Which US carrier?
>>
>>51669345
AT&T

I'm looking for an unlocked phone though.
>>
>>51669329
Some Teclast X98 model?
>>
>>51669359
You can get a Nexus 6 for 345 bucks on Amazon FYI

But for 200 bucks... Forget things like 5gz wifi, 4g LTE, etc.
>>
>>51669382
Should of said I was an American. I don't see that brand listed on US retailers.

Was thinking of the Sony tablet but does it have a stock 6.0 rom out for it?
>>
>>51669308
Yes, there's MX5 now. I wonder if that's good in it's price range (350 USD in my country; Huawei P8 costs about the same).
>>
File: Capture.png (17 KB, 747x130) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17 KB, 747x130
I wish I could just freeze myself in a cryo chamber until it arrives /g/
>>
>>51669050
Yes, but that seems to be pretty low for a chinkphone and it appears to be the only source, so I am a little sceptical.

>>51669136
>EU permissible SAR rating limits will kill you with cancer anyways, they're almost 1.5 times as high as the US ones.
Interesting, but suprising. I thought the US approach is to throw it out on the market and then deny/subvert/sue if shit hits the fan.
>Also, just take the Indian approach and use the phone in hands-free mode for safety.
You mean like Cartman in Southpark? I think its quite obvious why I would not want to do that.
>>
File: 2015-12-03_14-01-23.png (32 KB, 821x340) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03_14-01-23.png
32 KB, 821x340
>>51669399
>>51669359
>>51669345
>>51669315

Ok your best choice for 200ish bucks on ATT unlocked phone...

Is a 2GBRAM Moto G. That's really your best bet. Chinkphones just don't cover all of ATTs bands.

The 2015 Moto G does have LTE, though.
>>
>>51669451

These are the only other options from what I can tell:

http://www.amazon.com/Huawei-P8-lite-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B00W3WTLCG/ref=zg_bs_2407749011_20

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Xperia-Aqua-Unlocked-Phone/dp/B0102OM1IC/ref=zg_bs_2407749011_15
>>
>>51669451
>>51669462
Awful

Gflex 2 goes for $200.
>>
>>51669472
The Gflex is that price because of the fucking awful curved display

>>51669462
The Sony seems to be a better value actually, Snapdragon 615 vs a 410 on the Moto G
>>
>>51669403
I'm European, and I'd also have to import, No problem for me.
>>
>>51669399
>4g LTE
Pretty much every phone I've looked at has 4G LTE. I also hate the Nexus 6, it's too huge and the battery sucks.

Here's some I've been looking at
>Huawei P8 lite
>Xperia M4
>Moto G 2015
>Nexus 5 (only 16GBs kills me though)
>Zenfone 2
>>
>>51669533
Should have read my other posts

Xperia M4 looks like the best deal IMHO

Zenfone 2 has shit battery

Nexus 5 is too old, none have been made in a year or so

Moto G 2015 gets beaten out by the M4

The Huaweii is okay, but I'd trust the M4 over the P8 lite
>>
>>51669412
Haven't tried it yet, or given it a closer look. I already bought a Redmi Note 2 for half the price recently.

It was pretty high on Antutu's benchmark score table, though - near the top.

>>51669435
>You mean like Cartman in Southpark? I think its quite obvious why I would not want to do that.
Mostly just like India *requires* phones are designed to support, so that its people can be safer from radiation (and drive around, too).

I'm mostly pointing sarcastically at the overreactions everywhere, though.
>>
>>51669570 (correction)
Apparently it wasn't the MX5 I was thinking of, but the Meizu Pro 5 - that's the one near the top on Antutu.
>>
half decent phones at 150€/170$ in EU ?
>>
>>51669493
>The Gflex is that price because of the fucking awful curved display

Better than a fucking $200 moto g

Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>51669569
>>51669533
>>51669493

Doing more reading, evidently people think that the M4 is somewhat problematic. They say its processor overheats

They also think that the Asus Zenfone 2 is a better purchase, so perhaps you should look at comparing the two.
>>
What's some good site with benchmarks, on which I could compare phones by performance?
>>
>>51669715
All android phones perform well now. Performance is pointless unless you're looking to brute force 10bit in which case no phone can do it flawlessly yet.
>>
>>51669254
One Plus X will be free for all friday till sunday
>>
>>51669744
I'm looking to emulate PSX games mostly.

What should I take into consideration when choosing a phone?
>>
>>51669625
XiaoMi RedMi Note 2 or Note 3
don't think you can go better than that.
>>
>>51669625
Also the UMI Iron, great specs if you don't mind a shady brand
>>
>>51669770
Avoid amoled because static elements (such as game buttons) will be burnt into the screen.

That rules out samshit so get anything with a s810 or better.

The mate 8 looks good if you can wait.
>>
>>51669822
>s810 or better
the literal only SoC better than SD810 is Exynos7420 which is only in samsung devices (or that one Meizu phone)
>>
I think I'm going back to recommending the Moto G for that one guy

It seems it performs better than the M4, has a better battery, better build reliability as well.
>>
Best <200$ phone for verizon?
>>
>>51669944
You're fucked, I've been looking and you are utterly fucked
>>
>>51669968
Shit man really, [blog] my s4's power button broke, I took it to a repair shop and they couldn't fix it either, the problem was I was under my aunt's verizon plan and now switched to my other aunts (lol) plan and I don't think I have any upgrade capabilities or warranty or anything. [/blog]. What is the best I can do for a cheap phone thats not a piece of shit making me wish I had my old s4 back?
>>
>>51670014
Unfortunately (I'm on a S4 as well) The S4 beats almost everything cheap these days even still.

Why are they still on Verizon's old plans? They should be on the new ones where you can pay month by month on phones.

Best Buy has the best prices on Verizon locked phones, that's for sure.

I'd suggest buying unlocked, but you're limited basically to Nexus devices or the Moto X Pure.
>>
>>51667901
I'm not trying to be dismissive, but why should I care? Are their phones good?
>>
>>51669944
Nexus 6 gets real close on Ebay
>>
Are 5'5 phablets handy or are they really uncomfy to hold while calling someone
>>
>>51670074
We want more chinkphones in the US to give more competition here.
>>
>>51667901
They should come out here as something other then "Xiaomi" because american ant gonna like that chink ass name
>>
Any unlocked(gsm) suggestions for 150-300?
>>
>>51670127
Fuck you, you can't even bother to give what country or carrier
>>
File: 1424783291736.png (43 KB, 266x220) Image search: [Google]
1424783291736.png
43 KB, 266x220
>>51670145
Planet Usamin, UsaminTelecoms
>>
>>51670145
>>51670127

I'm retarded. I use Metropcs, USA.
>>
>>51670089
would really like to know too
>>
>>51670238

Here are my suggestions, watch videos from pocketnow, compare on GSMarena, then make your decision:

Asus Zenfone 2

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Moto G 2015 with 16GB storage and 2GB RAM
>>
>>51670089
Best thing to do would be to go to a local carrier and test it out for yourself. We can't really tell if it would be uncomfortable for you.
>>
Budget: $300
Needs to have expandable memory
Decent CPU and good battery life
>>
>>51670298
why didn't I think of this before, there's one 50m from me
>>
>>51670319
Post your country and carrier newfag
>>
File: 1423310266310.jpg (80 KB, 960x934) Image search: [Google]
1423310266310.jpg
80 KB, 960x934
Budget: 400EUR
Something that can stop a bullet
I'm in France.
>>
>>51670329
Sucks to be you anon.
>>
Is the xiaomi redmi note 2 worth the 35$ instead of 120$ phones like Ulefone paris and stuff?
>>
>>51670291
Looks solid, thanks.
>>
>>51670403
We've been over this

Read the thread
>>
>>51670431
Let me know what you decide and why
>>
>>51670348
USA, ATT
>>
>>51670403
Well it's a more established brand so it's a bit less suspicious
>>
>>51670298
wow i'm stupid.I have tiny girl hands so i'm not very hopeful
>>
>>51670466
>less suspicious

35$ for less suspicious nhm.

I'll see if there's a rom community around the redmi note
>>
Sup guys, Bulgarian fag here and I wanna know your opinions on the Lenovo vibe shot Z90. I was originally going to buy a Moto X Pure/Style but since Motorola is owned by Lenovo and the Z90 is a bit cheaper I can't decide
>>
>>51670464
Are you on ATT pay per month plans?

Moto X Pure wouldn't be a bad choice if you want to go unlocked.

>>51670500
Moto is still a separate company, and Lenovo's phones do not have a good reputation.
>>
LG G4 or OnePlus 2 or OnePlus X?
>>
>>51670500

Lenovo phones are shit, get the Moto X play.

This is coming from a bulgarian, who has to deal with broken ass lenovo phones every day.
>>
How often do you guys replace your phones?
>>
File: Sony-Xperia-Z3-compact.jpg (272 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Xperia-Z3-compact.jpg
272 KB, 1600x1200
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact or the OnePlus One?
>>
>>51670521
Technically it's straighttalk on ATT's network. I use auto refill
>>
>>51670563
Samefag here. On AT&T/Straight Talk in the US
>>
>>51670580
So do you use unlocked phones only?
>>
>>51670590
Correct
>>
>>51670598
Moto X Pure or an unlocked LG G4 then, check Best Buy for good deals this time of year surprisingly.
>>
>>51670497
Sure. MIUI always has multiple derivatives and there are AOSP, Cyanogenmod and derivatives too.

Arguably it has fewer ROMs than other Xiaomis... MIUI is clearly the choice for most.
>>
>>51670651
Yeah I may end up with the redmi note then. It'll be easy to free 35$ somewhere else.
I just need to check if 5'5 isn't too big, if it is I'll take the ulefon paris
>>
>>51670621
If you'd get to choose one. would it be MxP or G4?
>>
>>51670693
Yea. Personally, it's not like I'm opposed to the Ulefon or anything thoguh. That was another anon. I just kinda supplemented facts.
>>
>>51670714
Moto X Pure because it's what, 50 bucks cheaper? Also near stock Android and front facing speakers
>>
>>51670748
Even if they are both, let's say, in the same price?

I'm really taking my time to choose between them.
>>
hi, i'm looking for something fairly prices and not laggy that i will use mainly to text, browse and music.
my budget is about 250€ but i can go higher if there's need to.
>EU
thanks
>>
what good looking under 350 euros?
>>
File: 10-Xperia-Z3-Compact-colours.jpg (806 KB, 3907x3907) Image search: [Google]
10-Xperia-Z3-Compact-colours.jpg
806 KB, 3907x3907
>>51670890
Sony Xperia z3c looks absolutely sleek m8
>>
>>51670820
Memeplus X

I do have it, it's a good meme.
>>
$190 for an HTC One M8 in mint condition, unused.
All I'll have to do is cut my sim card, should I do it?
How is the battery life?
>>
>>51670965
But isn't the Memeplus One a better meme? Just the storage it's enough to buy it AND other features
>>
Moto G, Idol 3 or OnePlus One/X?
>>
>>51670792
I personally don't like the G4's interface

However, Moto's customer support isn't the best anymore

I don't know anything about LG's customer support at all

The LG G4 has a better camera

Not sure on the battery

The Moto X has a larger display

They have the same processor, same GPU

Same ram

Moto X Pure has better speakers
>>
>>51670890

$350 for a few more days

http://m.newegg.com/Product?ItemNumber=75-705-044&iscoz=true
>>
I just pulled a trigger on a Nexus 6 (had to buy through carrier, 6P not available).
Will I regret it?
>>
>>51668056
>>51667989
Cyanogenmod shrinks Android's footprint down by at least 60mb. It also has superior memory management.

CM12.1 makes the 2015 Moto E LTE run like a boss.
>>
>>51671107

No, that's way past the threshold of a good phone
>>
>>51669675
Of course it's better. It's basically a G3 with far better SoC and battery life.

Don't fall for Moto G meme when you have a 2015 flagship for the same price.
>>
>>51670714
I have a G4, the screen is a huge battery drain and the 3000mah battery was nowhere near enough. Standby times aren't great either.

I wanted to like this thing so fucking bad too. I heard that LG's bloatware is one factor but flashing a custom rom will fuck with the camera.
>>
>>51671107
>had to buy through carrier

Dear god that's really unfortunate
>>
>>51671165
let's hope marshmallow will fix battery life, at least in standby.
>>
>>51671124
Oh man thank you so much. I really needed to hear that. My Galaxy S4 (unrooted) has been my daily driver since mid 2013 and it's really shitting out on me
>>
>>51668445
good camera? meh, not really. better than m8? abso-fucking-lutely, the m8 camera is complete ass
>>
>>51671165
how long does it last?
>>
>>51668852
>Can't change your keyboard on iOS.

I mean, you can now... it's still shit tho
>>
>>51670563
kek, those are two extremes on the phone size spectrum. do you want a 4.6" phone or a 5.5"? they're pretty similar on the inside
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-04-09-16-47.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-04-09-16-47.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>51668069
found the catch.

http://m.banggood.com/UMI-ROME-5_5-inch-3GB-RAM-MTK6753-Octa-Core-64Bit-4G-Smartphone-p-1015506.html
>>
>>51671379
Lmao literally trash
>>
Where can I get the Firefox fx0?
I searched it everywhere about a month ago, now that you say it's just 60 bucks I need it desperately.
Please respond.
>>
>>51671379
>This phone will only work with 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz 3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz 4G: FDD LTE 800/1800/2600MHz
> It’s unlocked for worldwide use,

How about you fix your web browser or something?
>>
Anyone else here who owns a moto g 2nd gen, have you gotten the marshmallow update yet?
>>
>>51671470
>Firefox fx0

ebay

but I don't think it supports US bands, looks like it was a japanese phone
>>
>>51671539
Goddamned, I just found it on ebay.com, but for 360$ instead of 60$. Do you have a link with a price of 60$?
>>
just got a lg g3, 16gb 2gb version.
should I install cloudy g3 2.5, or fulmics rom?

I want to stay with stock if possible because of the camera. unless other roms offer significantly better battery life?
>>
>>51671517
PS: The FDD-LTE bands are the best 3 bands for Europe that you can get: 3, 7, 20

3,7 are also global bands. There's no catch there.

The actual catch is the USA not having any "global" (ITU designation) LTE bands, for either TDD or FDD LTE, but the phone seems fine.
>>
>>51671539
Also: Thanks, I couldn't see it before you mentioned it.
>>
File: App list.png (199 KB, 1249x885) Image search: [Google]
App list.png
199 KB, 1249x885
Let's have an app thread. What are the best apps.
>>
>>51671567
>>51671583

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Fx0-FireFox-Phone-4-7-16GB-3G-Factory-Unlocked-GSM-FireFox-OS-Quad-Core-13MP-/221914611428?hash=item33ab243ee4:g:hCoAAOSwA4dWIVEl
>>
>>51671587
Google Chrome
>>
>>51671604
Thank you so much, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Did I already say thank you?
Thanks man, thanks a lot.
>>
>>51671570
also, what kernel?
currently using gabriels kernel and it seems to work pretty well, but gpu frequency settings won't stick.
>>
>>51671642
Check the bands... make sure it works for you.
>>
File: Huawei-P8-Lite-Review-001.jpg (539 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Huawei-P8-Lite-Review-001.jpg
539 KB, 1600x1200
Is the Huawei P8 lite a good choice? Really liked how it performed and looked when i checked it IRL, but I wonder if there are better choices out there.
>>
>>51671719

not a bad looking phone.
>>
>>51671676
Ah, shoot, it doesn't ship to the country I'm in and also the version you linked seems to not have 4G. Currently I'm having an Open C with Android on it, switching to FF OS soon, but I desperately need 4G and a better camera, the Fx0 has both. ;_;
>>
>>51671759
Yeah, i own a moto g and while it's not a bad phone, it's ridiculously boring in appearance. The Huawei looks realy nice, but I remember when Huawei made really awful phones back in the day
>>
Sprint
USA
Budget of $500

Need a good phone with high memory or at least an microSD slot, and good sound and high volume

Will be using it mostly for listening to podcasts/music/audio books since I drive for a living, but also YouTube and Netflix for the long wait times
>>
>>51671795
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Firefox-Gold-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B00UULNTHK

?
>>
>>51671870
Fuck the SD card slot and just get a Nexus 6P
>>
>>51671904
After your first link I found that version too (I swear it was nowhere to be found by me personally, not even on Amazon, dunno why really), but that thing also doesn't ship to my country (amazon always only ships to where the current the amazon shop is from, nowhere else). And it also lacks 4G, I need 4G for creating an otg hotspot when coding somewhere else than home).
Maybe I'll find one when I'll have FFOS on my Open C. So far I've been too lazy to make the switch, maybe I'm going to do it this night.
>>
>>51671904
And thanks again, m8, you showed me that it defintely is to be found somewhere else than the Jap cellphone shops, beause those were the only places I could find it so far.
>>
File: 1420217766911s.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1420217766911s.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>51671662
>>51671570
any other g3 users here willing to help a brother out?
>>
Trying to decide between S6, G4 or Maybe Oneplus X. I don't care that much about screen size.

Is the S6 battery life really as bad as the memes say or not?

Is it easy to unlock bootloader and root either S6 or G4?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.