[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OnePlus are doing away with their invite system for the Two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: OP2 Invite.png (172 KB, 1230x630) Image search: [Google]
OP2 Invite.png
172 KB, 1230x630
OnePlus are doing away with their invite system for the Two and possibly the X. Is this because the Two was a disappointment?

http://kilburtech.com/oneplus-to-remove-invite-system-for-oneplus-two/
>>
>>51667177
>Is this because the Two was a disappointment?
why? not even joking, I am actually thinking about buying one
>>
>>51667177
No, why? It's just a stupid marketing trick. Much bigger Chinese manufacturers are doing fine without invites,
>>
>>51667293
No NFC and average battery life would be the two main issues.
>>
It's because inducing false product scarcity only works 1) on retards and 2) if the product is worth a shit. Now that everyone knows the phones are mediocre the invite system won't work.
>>
>>51667303
You are forgetting OnePlus went straight into the deep end with the One. They started off without their own factories unlike Huawei or the likes.
>>
>>51667314
that's all?
I will never use NFC (no Android Pay in my country..) and my current phone has a dogshit battery life, everything is better then this
>>
>>51667177

Probably because the silly marketing gimmick had worn paper thin even with the most diehard "flagship killer" fan.

Every other low profit margin Chink company can do just fine without that rubbish.

If I didn't already have a Xiaomi phone I would take another look at the Oneplus X
>>
>>51667177
>reading comprehension

"The company have thankfully announced that they have expanded and are now able to facilitate all orders effectively"
>>
>>51667333
Yes they are the main things. Battery life would be a big thing for me.The One had superb battery life so it's a little disappointing the Two only has average. It was always going to be difficult to live up to its predecessor.
>>
>>51667331
I think Xiaomi only opened its first factory this year, either, and it's mostly 'cause they (probably for political reasons) needed one in India.

Like a ton of other Chinese companies (from fabless semiconductor designers to smartphone makers), they just contract the work out to big manufacturing companies which are competent at it.
>>
>>51667362
But the X still has an invite system so it could be the company spinning the truth.
>>
>>51667367
than I will buy one, it's half the price of any other flagship phone in my country so I can live with that issues
>>
>>51667377
Interesting, they must have been lacking contacts in the market so, or else you are right about it being a marketing gimmick for want of a better term.
>>
>>51667385
it completely depends on how the markets are laid out.. it could be that the OnePlus 2 is more popular amongst chinese android fans, thus ramped up production while the X suffers in production rate, due to the variable amount of demand around the globe

but we lack buisness information about the interns of oneplus so we can't really make a comprehensive guess in my opinion
>>
>>51667428
Yeah I'd agree with you actually. Marketing aside, they are really good phones in my opinion but need more support and mainstream market presence over here to push on and compete with the likes of Huawei. They are of course in danger of having Xiaomi officially enter before them as well
>>
>>51667407
I don't think you can simply be "lacking contacts in the market", seeing how dozens of small smartphone (and other semiconductor-based) companies also can get their stuff manufactured.

I think it's pretty easy to find partners in manufacturing in those Chinese industrial manufacturing regions.
>>
>>51667362

Because the alternative of saying "Nobody was willing to put up with the invitation system a 2nd time so we fucked that off before becoming completely irrelevant" is something they totally would have said regardless of the facts.
>>
>>51667472
that's true, not to mention christmas sales
>>
>>51667463
But for the scale of production OnePlus required it would have been risky for any factory to take on such a scale considering the company was unproven.
>>
>>51667560
Xiaomi is what, 5 years old, and has been ordering phones for like 4 years?

They're now number 3 worldwide. Does that suffice to show that this isn't such a big issue in China?

Literally, they care probably more about whether you can pay...
>>
>>51667660
Fair enough you make some compelling arguments.
>>
>>51667314
Battery life gets through the whole day for me on medium to heavy use.
>>
>>51667995
Really? I have heard really mixed things about it
>>
>>51667177
literally memephone
>>
>>51667177
They announced before it even was released that they wouldn't leave the invite system up for too long with the Two
>>
>>51668139
Really? Fair enough then
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-03-09-13-02.png (110 KB, 1698x955) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-03-09-13-02.png
110 KB, 1698x955
I have a One Plus X invite if anyone wants to trade for something on Steam
>>
>>51668675
In 2 days you won't need an invite.....
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.