[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT THE FUCK IS SHIT SHIT, SO NOW IT'S REMOVING PROGRAMS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (5 KB, 357x74) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5 KB, 357x74
WHAT THE FUCK IS SHIT SHIT, SO NOW IT'S REMOVING PROGRAMS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?
>>
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
Without your permission?
You gave it your permission to uninstall programs when you agreed to the terms and conditions you didn't read.
>>
>wind blows 10

you asked for this.
>>
File: 1415121231974.png (701 KB, 475x375) Image search: [Google]
1415121231974.png
701 KB, 475x375
>>51666310
>using Windows 10
>thinking it's your computer
>thinking you get to choose what goes on it
>>
File: 1359951148222.jpg (890 KB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
1359951148222.jpg
890 KB, 3872x2592
>WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
You gave the botnet permission. Enjoy.
>>
>Computer Bluescreens
FUCKING MICROSOFT

>Remove application causing bluescreens for you
FUCKING MICROSOFT
>>
>>51666408
How the fuck is speccy causing blue screens?
>>
>>51666419
Shitty kernel driver
>>
>>51666438
So fucking microsoft is accurate after all.

The second point should be rewritten to be
>Remove application causing bluescreens for you to try and cover up its shitty code
>>
>>51666310

You gave it permission when you installed the OS. It's in the EULA. If it came preinstalled, the manufacturer agreed to it and the agreement was transferred to the end user upon purchase.
>>
>>51666408
>>51666419
it's not, first guy is probably a microsoft employee.
what happened--for me at least--is my computer shut off with no notification, installed updates (i disabled automatic updates btw), then uninstalled several programs for no reason.
uninstalled programs for me:
-speccy
-Max Payne 3 and GMod (why those games in particular? i don't know.)
-videopad

also reset all my default programs to microsoft's shitty programs and reinstalled OneDrive, which i previously used a script to uninstall.
>>
>>51666330
Exactly this. People insisted that those terms only applied to the Windows Store simply because it used the word "services".

Windows itself is now a service, we've known this from before 10 was even released. You're giving Microsoft the power to do whatever it wants with your device.
>>
>>51666465
I think I'm going to go ahead and skip Win10

If I decide I really, really need it I'm going enterprise and rolling my own WSUS server
>>
>>51666310
Just install the latest update.
>>
>>51666465
Sounds like you got hit with the November Update, not a normal windows update. That did all kinds of fuckery with defaults and reinstalled the "Please get skype/office" shortcuts.
>>
>>51666310
>WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
you installed the botnet, didn't you? there's your permission.
>>
>>51666519
yeah i know. pretty retarded that this one specific update decided to ignore my settings so they could re-install all their annoying shit and NSADrive.
>>
>>51666310
WHY
ARE
YOU
USING
WINDOWS 10
>>
>>51666612
Serious question here.. my friend's mom is pestering me to recommend her a new, small, general purpose laptop (or 'convertible tablet' like the surface series).... What OS should I be looking for then? I was thinking Windows 10 just because she'll be keeping this thing forever (her current laptop originally came with XP and got "upgraded" to vista) and Windows 10 will have more long-term support.
>>
>he didn't read EULA
>>
This is why I'm never going to use in 10.

I'll stay with 7 for as long as I can and then I guess I'm going linux.
>>
>>51666842
Why not switch already and get used to it if you know you will in the future?
>>
>uses MicroShaft Wangblows
>acts surprised that it doesn't respect his freedumbs
>>
>>51666864

Can I vidya on linux?
>>
>>51666842
>I'll stay with XP for as long as I can and then I guess I'm going linux.
>I'll stay with 95 for as long as I can and then I guess I'm going OS/2
>I'll stay with 6.22 for as long as I can and then I guess I'm going PC DOS
>>
>>51666928
false equivalence
>>
>>51666864
He may have his own reasons, but in my case, I haven't done the switch due to hardware support and lack of MS Office, which I use for work.

I've never been very fond of using a VM for Office, it just makes things unnecessarily complicated. So I'd rather wait for Windows to become completely unusable. Even then, I know for certain OS X does fit my needs, so I could always jump to that, instead.
>>
>tfw I upgraded from windows vista to 7 to 8.1 and have kept all my programs from every installation

I just used classic shell to fire up Dawn of War I, which I forgot I even installed all those years ago when I still had Vista
>>
>>51666926
humble bundles
steam (68 pages times 25 games a page)
etc.
>>
>>51666955
What is WPS Office
>>
>>51666955
https://www.wps.com/linux
>>
>>51667080
kek no odf support
>>
>>51667080
While it renders files great on my mobile devices, unfortunately WPS Office has no support for some of the tools I use on MS Office.
>>
>>51667124
It's a feature!
>>
>>51667125
Fair enough
>>
>>51666842
Windows 7 probably has another decade or 2 for it seeing that so many organizations and government institutions use it.
>>
>>51666479
There's really not big advantage to windows 10 over 8.1 to me unless you need the latest directx for gaming I guess. The "start menu" they put back is still inferior to the interfaces from third party start menus.
>>
>>51667165

Support will end in 2020 though

After that it will become one huge security hole for anyone using it
>>
>>51666926
Not really.
Most games are laggy as fuck and generally run worse than on Windows.
>>
>>51667165
At my university, all the computer labs, classroom computers, and loaner laptops still run windows 7.

It probably helps IT avoid major headaches from dealing with students and professors asking for help using the interface changes in the latest versions of windows.
>>
>>51667182
I doubt that will happen.
Most likely Microsoft will buckle and extend support, or they'll make a windows 7 2.0 seeing that there is still a demand for it.
>>
>>51666465
>It's not

Yes it is http://forum.piriform.com/?showtopic=44170
>>
Did everyone else's start menu icons get deleted? Speccy was easy to reinstall, but my icons look weird.
>>
It should at least warn you it will remove those programs or make removal of "problematic" software optional.
>>
>>51667167
At some point manufacturers are going to start dropping Win7 support which is when I'd seriously consider changing. That or if DX12 actually lives up to the hype but personally I have a lot of doubts about that.

I'm on Win7 now and have no complaints so meh.
>>
>>51667197

Then I'm waiting.

Maybe I could install Linux and use it for everything else and keep a win 7 partition for use just for gayman.
>>
>>51667259
I have my doubts they will be dropping W7 support before 2020. It's not like there's big differences between Vista-W10 except for the UI. Unlike the jump from XP to Vista.
>>
>>51667281
Microsoft won't but hardware vendors might
>>
>>51666310
That's why you update your shit before updating Windows, retard.
>>
>>51667281
>It's not like there's big differences between Vista-W10 except for the UI
They replaced the entire graphics stack.
>>
It does it because some shit fucks everything up with whatever update it installed.
>>
>>51666465
>what happened--for me at least--is my computer shut off with no notification, installed updates (i disabled automatic updates btw), then uninstalled several programs for no reason.
>uninstalled programs for me:
You didn't disable them obviously because this has never happened to me. Updates for me only occur when I want to. Sure I get the prompt for it but never installs without my explicit permission. If it prompts for me to 'get updates' I just close the window and move on.
>>
>>51666842
Dat babyduck
>>
>>51667208
Yeah because miscrosoft isn't like
UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE NOW
BETTER FASTER MORE eZ APPS
BETTER SOCIAL MEDIA
SHARING PIX is EZZZZZ
GOOD FUN TIMES
WINDOWS 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

UPGRADE NOAWWWWWWWWWWW

No,they'll just extend support to something they arent even making alot of jew shekels to ^J^
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.