[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you expecting any tech-related things in the mail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: aDoBpY97_700w_0.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
aDoBpY97_700w_0.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>We have not yet unloaded the package from the trailer. This may delay delivery. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.

The UPS tracking page added that this morning and my new video card was supposed to be here yesterday.
>>
I'm waiting for a bunch of NFC stickers, can't wait to stick them all around the house to automatically do shit with my phone and tasker
>>
>>51665304

what do you do with them? Give me some examples. I'm curious.
>>
>>51665343
A sticker on the door to disable wifi and enable 4G when I go out

A sticker in the car to enable/disable driving mode (the phone speaks messages and stuff, lately I haven't been bothering toggling it manually)

A sticker at work to put the phone in silent mode and automatically connect to the wifi and the opposite if it's enabled

Since I have two different wifi routers in my house I'll stick two stickers on both sides of the house to automatically connect to the correct router

Then if I get off my ass and I actually start doing something with my arduinos I could automate some actual shit in my house but I still haven't thought of anything.

basically NFC tags are just a way to toggle stuff that I could toggle manually from the phone but I'm too lazy to do every time, just need to swipe the phone over the sticker and it's done
>>
>>51665291
Some electronic parts and some junk from china
>>
New mobo, cpu, case fan, and an actual computer repair kit.

Hype, they come in today.
>>
>>51665461
You can do all of this much more easily with Llama (location-based tasks, uses next to no battery since its relying on phone cells)
>>
>>51665461

Fascinating. I should look into this.
>>
>>51665489
I used to use llama but the phone cells are such a clusterfuck in my area that it couldn't reliably determine where the fuck I was.
Certainly it can't determine which side of the house I'm in

also NFC doesn't use much battery at all, it's always on by default, probably even on your phone unless you explicitly disabled it
>>
>>51665291
same with the HDD i orderd for blackfriday.

Just say in PA(about 2 hours from here) for 2 days over the weekend, then it sat about 30 minutes away for an entire day, then it says OOPS we couldnt give it to USPS today so we will do that tomorrow, expect your package in 2-3 days.

FUUUUUCK YOU. I could have walked to my fucking package in Pennsylvania and back by now you cunts.
>>
>>51665343
I have one of them in my car.
it's set to turn WiFi off, bluetooth on and pair with the loudspeaker.
But it's the only case I found it useful.
>>
File: 1a2.jpg (10 KB, 215x268) Image search: [Google]
1a2.jpg
10 KB, 215x268
>>51665555
What a waste of repeating digits.
>>
File: jT99I.gif (916 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
jT99I.gif
916 KB, 245x285
>>51665629
>implying there is ever a good use of repeating digits

not since EFG has there been any real importance.
>>
File: 91kG4yjJIrL._UL1500_.jpg (213 KB, 1500x1002) Image search: [Google]
91kG4yjJIrL._UL1500_.jpg
213 KB, 1500x1002
>>51665291
i'm waiting for a ThruNite C2 V2, a panasonic 18650 battery, a chinese battery charger and a cowhide laptop bag
>>
>>51665646
But there are good uses of repeating digits.

See this just hours ago: >>>/k/28070000
>>
>>51665691
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>Become really hesitant towards using Microsoft products after first the Snowden revelations and then what Microsoft did with Windows 10
>Only Windows running device that holds any data actually worth stealing is my Lumia 920
>Think about buying a Jolla phone to replace my 920 with something that isn't monetized trough spying on me
>Have a thing about now upgrading all the time and keeping everything for a minimum of 3 years unless they break so I can't bring myself to replace my Lumia despite of it being bought as a refurbished device as it still works perfectly fine
>Finally pull the trigger and order Jolla phone to support the company after it comes to light that they're in trouble
>Used a Nokia N9 from 2011 to 2014 so I don't mind limited software support or upgrades
>They're apparently now in the process of upgrading their phones so that they ship with SailfishOS 2.0
>Which means that orders now take 10-20 days before they'll be able to ship the phone and then 2-4 days for actually shipping the thing
>Made the order on the Friday of the week before last
>Still no additional information on how much longer before they'll be able to ship the thing a day short of 2 weeks after I made the order and paid for it at the same time
>Tried contacting them on the day I made the order to tell them that they don't have to ship the thing with SailfishOS 2.0, I'll be able to do the OTA update on my own
>They got back to me on Tuesday of the following week saying that they won't ship devices with anything except Sailfish 2.0

Now am I the only one who's starting to feel like my money just went to pay the deposit on manufacturing of more Jolla tablets?
>>
Waiting for a shitty ATX case, an i5 4460, an h81-PLUS mobo and some PSU

I'm getting a little bit desperate, it's been almost a week now.
>>
File: jolla-white3-rendering.jpg (156 KB, 2000x825) Image search: [Google]
jolla-white3-rendering.jpg
156 KB, 2000x825
>>51665758
If you're not into obscure Finnish smartphone companies, the Jolla phone is this thing.
>>
TV coming today. Nothing special, just a 43" Toshiba
>>
File: 13531630456085.png (2 KB, 158x160) Image search: [Google]
13531630456085.png
2 KB, 158x160
"Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility" What does that mean? I'm waiting for my new motherboard to come in. Ever since that I haven't gotten an update. It was to be delivered yesterday. USPS btw.
>>
>ordered keyboard and mouse Tuesday
>they still haven't shipped yet
fucking normies stop clogging the mail system with christmas gifts for your loved ones some of us are trying to improve our battlestations
>>
>>51665461
Good on you anon I hope you do something with your arduinos. They're very powerful and a lot of fun.
>>
I bought a new wireless nic for my x220, becasue the connection kept dropping like clockwork. like every 15 seconds id have no connection, then it would come back. Im hoping the new one solves this problem
>>
>>51666306
it is the same model NIC as previous? Or did you get something better?
>>
>>51666337
it's the best intel one that it supports, they are like 10 bucks on amazon. Did I fuck up? I just kept pinging google, and it just kept doing around 40ms for like 8 pings then 250ms or drop. it did that pattern during the whole time i had it pinging. please tell me thats the nic casing that?
>>
>>51666367
it sounds like the NIC, but it could also be a shitty antenna. You might look at replacing that as well, but depending on the laptop that can be a real bitch.

My first guess would be NIC though, so hopefully the replacement fixes things.
>>
>>51666337
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008V7AAJU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00#Ask

I got that one. Will this do anything fishy with my linux install?
>>
>>51666393
I took the whole thing apart and changed out the TIM, but i cant remember if the internet was fucking up before or after i did that!
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Rha T10i Headphones.
My old ones broke so I claimed warranty and send them in.
>>
>>51666397
Hopefully its on the whitelist
>>
File: Screenshot_20151203-130019.png (632 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151203-130019.png
632 KB, 1440x2560
I am, but most are from china, so it might be a while
>>
There were no reviews when I bought it
One day a negative, and I got worried
Next an average, and I felt better
Now a positive one
It's coming tomorrow, hopefully worth the money. First new computer I'm buying in 7 years.
>>
>>51671094
forgot link
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834298773
>>
>arrival: 1 - 4 days
>it's been one week

REEEE REEE
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.