[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid Questions Thread - /SQT/ Post your stupid questions here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 1445438528240.jpg (58 KB, 552x529) Image search: [Google]
1445438528240.jpg
58 KB, 552x529
Stupid Questions Thread - /SQT/

Post your stupid questions here.

For every question you ask, try to answer two questions. This increases the chance that everyone gets an answer.
>>
Complete tech newfag here.

If my motherboard is overheating like crazy, talking 60-69 °C while doing nothing but using a browser in a fairly cool room and unobstructed airflow in the case, with my CPU hovering around 50-57 °C , does it mean it's time to replace the thermal paste? Is that the issue?

And if so, is this something I could potentially do on my own or would it be better if I asked someone more versed in this stuff to help me out?
>>
(bash) how do you call the system by which you assign a variable for just the present command? as in
EDITOR=VIM VISUDO

and how do you use it in bash scripting? I literally don't know how to search this
>>
Am I bottlenecking myself by pairing a 970 with an i5 3570k?
>>
>>51665241
yes. get skylake
>>
How to install Gentoo?
>>
>>51665219
replacing paste is a good first step in troubleshooting overheating.
yes it's very simple to do yourself. check some guides on youtube (linus tech tips is very good channel).
and remember, dont use more than a small pea-sized blob of paste.

>>51665241
no

>>51665247
>less than 5% better performance
>25% more expensive
fuck off jewtel shill
>>
I tried Recuva but it didn't find what I wanted, what other data recovery programs should I use?

Or is there just no chance of finding stuff I deleted 3 years ago?
>>
>>51665290
>calls others shill
>recommends linusshilltips
>>
>>51665302
>Or is there just no chance of finding stuff I deleted 3 years ago?

have you used the drive in the meantime? if so, all of your deleted files are overridden and gone forever
>>
>>51665290

Cheers, anon, and thank you for your help. Hopefully this will resolve the overheating issue.

I already watched a few videos on how to apply it, and most of them say to put the pea bit in the center and then press it lightly with some kind of transparent plastic to spread it neatly around.
>>
>>51665307
he is very knowledgeable and it's a good place for beginners to learn. and even if he shills, it's almost always good products.

3/10 made me reply
>>
>>51665324

Guess I'll abandon all hope then
>>
>>51665327
for the cpu some people recommend not spreading it before putting down the cpu cooler to prevent airpockets that could cause higher temps.

for the mobo it could be good to spread it on both the chip and the heatsink as there wont be the same high pressure applied on this when you screw it tight like the cpu cooler. also if you do this dont use as much paste as the cpu cooler.

and remember when you tighten screws to do them in an X configuration and a little bit on each screw so it doesnt get too much pressure on one side or corner.

>>51665356
yeah, depending on the size of the file, it could have been partly overwritten the same day if you used the drive.
>>
>>51665419

The files I wanted to recover were pictures (old screenshots of games) and I've been saving and moving other screenshots to the same two locations (in the game's folder in C/Games and in a dedicated screenshot folder), so yeah they're probably lost forever.
>>
I recently bought an ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q monitor which is capable of 1440p @ 144Hz. I also bought an MSI Radeon R9 390 GPU to go with it. It's all connected, using Windows 7, latest GPU driver (Catalyst Control Center 15.8, pagacking version 15.30.1025) is installed and it seems to work okay. The problem is that in the system settings, I can only set the refresh rate to max 120 Hz. The monitor and GPU are both capable of achieving 144Hz @ 1440p, and I use a DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor to transmit video.

Why can't I set the refresh rate higher than 120Hz when the monitor in theory (AND SPECS!) support it?
>>
Is there any way at all to search for currently active 4chan threads without having to use Javascript?
'search term site:boards.4chan.org/board' on google just takes me to dead/archived links.
>>
Which is better, ZIP or RAR?
>>
>>51665641
7z
>>
>>51665190
What programming language should I learn if I want to make a job out of it? I know the languages but which one should I extensively learn first?
>>
Does DDR4 RAM transfer at the same speed as DDR3 RAM?

I ask this because of Zen APUs that might feature it.

For example would 2,400 MHz DDR4 & DDR3 transfer at 38.4GB/s in dual channel mode?
>>
I just made a request for a vHost on irc.
The wiki says
>Your request will then be manually approved by a human
>Type /msg HostServ ON after you get a message saying the vHost was approved

However, how do I know when the answer is going to be accepted? Do I receive the message on irc or on the mail adress I made the registered nick with?
>>
>>51665419

>for the mobo it could be good to spread it on both the chip and the heatsink

I'm sorry, what? Maybe it's because English isn't my mother tongue but are you saying I should apply the TP to the side facing the motherboard as well, not just the cooler? Or am I just misunderstanding you?
>>
>>51665467
get a USB flash drive or external HDD and use to store backups

>>51665543
in windows or in games?
installed monitor drivers?

>>51665641
what matters is the algorithm used to compress the files. 7zip is the better software since it supports the most, and it's free and open source.

>>51665693
C# or C++

>>51665718
yes and no. depends on the timings and other stuff.

>>51665819
yes, but now that i think about it that would be silly.
btw, you're talking about the motherboard chipset cooler, yes? not the cpu cooler because they are 2 different things.
you should apply the thermal paste to the CPU, not the CPU cooler.
same goes for the mobo chipset depending on if it uses thermal paste in the first place.
>>
>>51665871
>what matters is the algorithm used to compress the files

What's the best algorithm used to compress the files then?
>>
>>51665871

My mobo is ASRock N68C-S UCC.

Yes, I know it's fairly old. My whole PC is pretty much outdated, but I won't be getting a new one before February, so I'm stuck with that.

>you should apply the thermal paste to the CPU, not the CPU cooler.

Yes, I know that much at least.
>>
How do I actually install windows from a flash drive onto a new computer after I torrent it
>>
File: oldpic.jpg (22 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
oldpic.jpg
22 KB, 311x311
Gib windows alternatives with no a(i)ds:

1. ABBY Finereader Corp/Pro
2. ACDSee PhotoManager/Pro
3. Adobe
- Acrobat
- CreativeSuite
- Illustrator
- InDesign
- Photoshop
- After Effects
4. AutoCAD (LT)
5. CorelDraw
6. Google SketchUP Pro
7. Nero
8. OCR Software
9. TuneUP utilities
10. WinZip
11. ArcSoft Photo Studio
12. Rhinoceros
13. winrar
14. XnView
15. Paint shop pro
>>
>>51665871
>in windows or in games
In both. The GPU generates framerates higher than 120Hz in games, no problem, but the monitor won't go higher than 120Hz. I got a CD with the monitor, it contained 3 folders, 1 containing nVidia gpu drivers, one with the manual in different languages and one with a WHQL driver (the folder contains pg278q.cat, PG278Q.icm and PG278Q.inf).

I don't really know what to do with this, but I tried googling and found out about PnPUtil, so I installed it (at least it said it completed successfully) in an elevated command prompt, but I don't know what it did really. I haven't restarted my computer yet because I'm in an online game of Heroes 3 with a friend of mine, could this be the last missing piece of the puzzle?

Am I missing more?
>>
Is ipv4 going to be obsolete very soon? Would learning about ipv4 do more harm than good for me? Why is it still taught in school then?
>>
>>51665871
>yes and no. depends on the timings and other stuff.
Is it possible for 2,400m MHz DDR4 RAM to transfer above 38.4GB/s without overclocking the 2,400 MHz frequency?

Because if not then DDR4 looks like fucking dogshit for APUs since even entry level dGPUs like the R7 360 have 96GB/s for vram (effc. 6,000 MHz @ 128-bit).
>>
>>51665737
make an on-connect script
>login
>vhost on
then you wont have to bother checking or login in manually every time you connect.

>>51665892
i dont know pros and cons of them, but it depends on the type of files you want to compress, their size and a few other things.
download and install 7zip and play around with the different options or google it.

>>51665904
ya, the mobo chipset is under the golden heatsink. probably uses ceramic thermal paste.
clean with alcohol or gasoline to remove old paste from chipset and cooler. use thin plastic sheet like credit card to spread new paste on mobo chipset, pop back the cooler.
i recommend a ceramic thermal paste.

>>51665993
download and install microsoft windows dvd usb tool to make a bootable usb windows install.
plug it into the computer and boot, during boot (right after POST) press F8 to get menu and choose to boot from the USB drive.
normal windows install from there.
if you dont get the menu when pressing F8, check you BIOS boot option/order and make sure it's enabled removable device or similar name.
Repeatedly hit F8 from the moment you hit the power button until it shows up.

>>51666032
download the latest nvidia drivers from their website.
download the latest monitor drivers from asus website.
Yes, deffo try rebooting.

>>51666076
it already is. no. because ipv6 havent replaced it yet.

>>51666083
Yes, if the timings are low enough it will be faster.
DDR4 is not any faster than DDR3 for regular use (office, web, gaming).
But if i remember correct, APUs rely more on RAM speed for better performance, so you should check some APU DDR4 reviews/tests/benchmarks to make sure if it makes a difference or not.
>>
>>51666076
Wouldn't say "very soon" because the ipv6 is still not the standard used today in most homes. I believe ipv4 will live alongside ipv6 for a long time.
>>
File: 14300487053370.jpg (23 KB, 380x368) Image search: [Google]
14300487053370.jpg
23 KB, 380x368
I've built a PC one year ago, everything worked flawlessly, now I can feel a barely noticeable smell of burn (or plastic?), I'm even unable to smell it right now, but not sure. Everything still works perfect, CPU temperature never went higher than 35, yet it's really worrying me.

i5-4690
CX600M
1 HDD
No GPU

Should I throw out my PSU and buy new one? Am I too paranoid?
>>
>>51666120
But I have an AMD GPU and the monitor doesn't have anything to do with nVidia, it would not make sense to install the nVidia drivers? Would it?

Anyway, I already did all this except installed AMD's latest driver from their website, installed the monitor driver that came with the CD, but haven't rebooted yet. Will try this later today. Thanks for the tips :)
>>
So i installed lubuntu on toshiba chromebook 2. Everything works smooth, except sound card. Tried everything - reinstalling various drivers which i have no idea what they are doing, also tried uninstalling pulseaudio and using only alsa. Then the pulse audio was installed it showed that any inputs are not plugged. So whats the problem?
>>
>>51666120
>>51666126
>ipv6 havent replaced it yet.
>ipv6 is still not the standard
okay. I will study both then.
>>
Can this be fixed?
It's a 64gb sd card..
I've tried a few things from so far, nothing works.
>>
>>51666169
check all temps with speccy or hwmonitor.
open up the case and feel if the PSU is hot (while ON).
turn off pc and make sure all cables are fully connected and not damaged.

>>51666193
>But I have an AMD GPU
oh my bad. ye dont install nvidia drivers.

never use the drivers that come with the CD unless you cant get online to download the latest. the ones on the CD are outdated as fuck.
>>
How do I go around switching back to Windows 7/10 from xubuntu?
>>
>>51666238
That isn't even a complete sentence.
What.
>>
File: pppppp.png (39 KB, 901x625) Image search: [Google]
pppppp.png
39 KB, 901x625
I need some help, I use a windows tablet and I'm trying to figure out how to do a "hold ctrl" like function so I can select multiple things on a browser window (pic related).
>>
>>51665190
fucking kek that image
>>
>>51666288
Booting into Windows or completely removing xubuntu and only have Windows?
>>
How do i unarchive a multi part .rar with 7zip
>>
Can any webdevfag tell me why does executing
document.body.style.filter = 'grayscale(100%)';
on facebook's login page (as well on some other sites) make the whole page completely white?
>>
>>51666120

>clean with alcohol or gasoline to remove old paste from chipset and cooler. use thin plastic sheet like credit card to spread new paste on mobo chipset, pop back the cooler.

Is there a video you could recommend for this? The videos I've seen so far only show off the usual stuff, not the mobo.
>>
when i get new ssd i will have to completely reinstall windows?? in order to have windows on the SSd?

are gpu's plug and play these days or will i have to install drivers first?
>>
>>51666412
Yes, Windows looks at the serial number of the hard drive.
>>
>>51666412
I believe you could clone your existing system partition, store it on your SSD and plug it in. Not 100% tho.

GPUs install themselves through Windows Update these days. Just plug it in and wait for it to figure it out after you turn it on.
>>
When i installed my new motherboard i acidentally skipped over instaling the drivers from the cd that came with it. Now windows wont boot cause the mobo doesnt have the right drivers and just goes into a loop of the screen saying windows repair.

Do i pull the mobos battery for like 5 minutes and put ot back to reset the whole installation process or do I reinstall windows?
>>
>>51666443
Wait you actually need t install those? How am I supposed to do that without an optical drive
>>
>>51666246
It didn't feel hot, yet fan in PSU makes cracking sounds. If I turn on LinX, I get 55C temperature and it eventually goes higher to 60, but that's the some "hot" instructions in bench, usually even if I run CPU-intensive apps it doesn't go higher than 35-40.
>>
one last question

i have had i5 processor for a few years now with the stock fan... how long do they generally last? should I be looking at replacing it, since it's about 3-4 years old

dw i have finally bought a proper after market fan...

>>51666459
use a USB, copy files from disk to the USB or download them online to the USB
>>
File: usb-ab-cable.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
usb-ab-cable.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
My audio interface and MIDI keyboard are somehow picky about USB cables. The interface sometimes randomly dis/reconnects while the MIDI keyboard apparently stops sending messages even though the hardware appears responsive and windows still recognizes it. I've tried this with some new USB cables (on the same ports) and some of them displayed this issue while others didn't.
Are some USB cables actually better than others? If so, how do I tell? If not, what then?
>>
>>51666369
it's almost identical to the cpu. you pop off the two retaining pins, remove the heatsink, take a qtip or similar with some alcohol on it and rub off the old stuff, you'll probably have to use a few qtips until it's no longer dirty after you scrub.
then just do like the vids show how to apply the cpu paste (small drop off paste, take thin plastic and spread it as thinly and evenly you can) and pop back the heatsink.

>>51666412
it's recommended you reinstall the OS because it's just much easier. if you dont want to you will have to make an image backup and use something like clonezilla to mirror it to the SSD.

You need drivers for the graphics card. windows can download and install it via windows update, but it's recommended you download it manually from AMD or NVIDIA website.

>>51666443
reinstall windows. taking out the battery wont do anything except reset your BIOS settings.

>>51666459
download drivers on a different PC, put them on a USB flash drive and plug into new pc.

>>51666464
post speccy screenshot of temps please.

>>51666474
you dont have to replace it until it starts making horrible screeching noises or stop completely.
>>
File: w.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
WHY THE FUCK DOESN'T VISUAL STUDIO 2012 HAVE STOD

OR AT LEAST A DECENT FUCKING ERROR REPORT SYSTEM

I JUST FUCKED UP MY TEST BECAUSE OF IT

OUTDATED PIECE OF SHIT

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
installing windows 7 on a 1 TB SSHD
i don't plan on installing any other OS on this drive
should i make multiple partitions, and if yes how big should i make the windows one?
>>
>>51666475
generally no difference. just bad luck if you get a bad one.

>>51666529
no need to partition.
>>
>>51666507

Alright, hopefully I don't mess shit up when applying the thermal paste.

Once again, thanks for answering my questions.
>>
I think my build is pretty expensive already but I just want to make sure what I'm buying will last for a while and won't get immediately outdated.

>i5 4690k, Z97, R9 390
Good enough to last a while?
>>
>>51665819
Do NOT apply TP to the pinned side of the processor.
>>
>>51666307
autohotkey
>>
>>51666571
yes but why, dont skimp on other parts
>>
File: warpcreepy-ft.jpg (70 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
warpcreepy-ft.jpg
70 KB, 1000x500
in today's time is it possible to a similar tv hack as in 1987 if so how would it work theoretically
>>
>>51666557
it's really hard to mess it up. just try to not get it outside the chip's edges (no worries if you accidentally do if you use ceramic paste), just means less mess next time you replace it.

>>51666571
yeah should last several years unless something magical happens in with the cpu industry.

>>51666605
especially dont skimp on PSU. a good PSU will protect your parts if there's overload or something fries, and will last over several new builds.
>>
File: Untitled.png (114 KB, 684x1091) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
114 KB, 684x1091
>>51666507
>>
>>51665819
HOLY SHIT DO NOT APPLY COOLING PASTE ON THE MOTHERBOARD-FACING SIDE OF THE CPU! ABORT!
>>
I think my new desktop is fucked.

Google Chrome pages crash, a lot. My OS bluescreened once last night, games are crashing, and this all started when I applied new thermal paste to my processor. What else could I have fucked up in there?
>>
>>51666692
>>51666572

I wasn't planning on doing that.

I merely expressed myself poorly, what with English not being my first language. All the same, thank you for your concerns.
>>
>>51666605
>>51666626
Could you suggest a good PSU for that build and maybe a fan that isn't too expensive?
>>
>>51666753
what you mean fan? cpu cooler? case fan? case fans just get silent ones
>>
I got a hold of one of these x202e and I was trying to install windows 8.1 on it again since nothing would boot when I turned it on.

On setup, the hard drive would not be recognized just my usb. Did all the bios modifications to allow the usb boot due to the whole UEFI shit.

In the bios however it shows a hard drive! I tried connecting the hard drive to my desktop where I am running Mint and it makes the sound as if a usb or drive has been plugged in when I did, but I cant see it anywhere. gparted doesnt see it and fdisk -l either.

I need some serious help here /g/
>>
>>51666774
Sorry, yeah.cpu cooler.
>>
>>51666784
idk ifs its still good but 212 with replacement fasns is good. noctua make decent but awfully colored ones
>>
is there a reliable way to discretely boost upvotes on Reddit? I figure if you just make a bunch of accounts it would be very obvious
>>
File: 1448784582038.jpg (101 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1448784582038.jpg
101 KB, 500x666
>>51666238
I will never know ;_;
>>
>>51666819
not that obvious, how depressing is this though. Why do you want to do this shit?
>>
what os do hackers use??
>>
>>51666819
learn to code
make a bot
faggot
stop using reddit anyway
or stop using 4chan
your choice
>>
>>51666819
Add something overtly liberal
>>
>>51666712
The bluescreens sound like a hardware problem (I had a faulty RAM chip and one that worked, when I took the faulty one out, the bluescreens stopped, you can try that as well), but the program crashes sound like a software problem. Bluescreens are the worst to troubleshoot, it is so much work. Good luck.
>>
My laptop suddenly overheated once and has been running a little warm ever since, but otherwise appears to work fine and I've dealt with the most likely causes for the panic.
Can I just let it run warm until spring? It's honestly quite nice.
Any ideas what could have happened during the overheating that left this particular kind of effect and is there any hidden trouble I should be scared of?
I'm honestly kinda clueless about hardware.
>>
>>51666830
to shill. I'm just getting into reddit and it's actually pretty neat cause I cause the places I post are very slow traffic and they stay up there a while, but it's also high visibility.
>>
How do I properly ventilate a tower?
>>
How can I exactly mirror a storage volume (micro sd in this case) to another of the same type when it has a partition on it that windows doesn't recognise? Any software to do this, preferably not on ganoo+lineks?
>>
can someone explain to me how to get on irc so I can appeal my ban from 420chan?
>>
File: the-risk-i-took-was-calculated.jpg (47 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
the-risk-i-took-was-calculated.jpg
47 KB, 500x352
If I need to reinstall windows on my laptop do I just download and use the ISO and use the cd key sticker on the bottom?

Normally I just use a windows 7 crack, but its there so I might as well use it. Also where can I download legit ISO's?
>>
I just upgraded to a 4k IPS. Is it worth enduring Windows 10 for the display scaling prowess (currently on 7)?
>>
>>51666859
Would be the fan that won't spin like it used to. Have you vacuum cleaned it? (yes I'm serious)
>>
>>51666841
kali linux or red flag
there are a ton of 'pen-tester' distros
>>
>>51666885
the ISO you'd use when you install it illegally is fine, only the cracking makes it illegal
>>
File: Untitled.png (39 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
39 KB, 1366x768
>>51666885
Does windows 7 have the 'refresh' thing?
>>
is there any way I can make my old laptop quieter? Like if my room is hella cold could I disconnect the fan or something?
>>
>>51666238
If it supports 32gb, try to have it with under 32gb of free space.

used to work on my sansa fuze
>>
I recently switched from Linux to windows 10. Despite downloading the driver for my ethernet port, I can not connect to my home network. I'm sure it's the right driver. What do. I thought Windows just werked
>>
>>51666990
Fill it with random crap?
hmm..

I guess I'll try it.
>>
>>51666952
So I just use the CD key sticker on the bottom and it should work fine?

>>51666959
The HDD died, so I cant use it anyway. I dot think it does btw senpai
>>
>>51666903
This couldn't have caused the sudden overheating though...could it? Because the PC seemed okay until it just went absolutely insane for a few seconds and BSOD'd and now it's getting warm (and the fan runs more).
I can understand dirt would pile up (though it's 2years old), but why would it just suddenly fuck my shit up?

Also.
I heard from a guy that he fried something with a vacuum cleaner by spinning the fan the other way and turning the motor into a turbine. Is that a load of bull or should I take precautions (and if so, what)?
>>
>>51667013
yea, just use the code to activate it
>>
>>51667050
The short version is, yes, because of the way a motor works, if you make it spin, it will create a current, and the bigger the speed, the higher the current.

But as long as you don't use a fucking 4000W vacuum cleaner at full blast and make your fan go 99999 RPM (you'll hear when it's getting ridiculous), you will be okay. But yes, making the fan spin like crazy _might_ fry something.
>>
Should I use DDU when upgrading drivers?
I've always done it when downgrading drivers but not upgrading.
>>
>>51666783
okay disks somehow recognized it but gparted, testdisk, and smart still doesnt.

all the options are greyed out except mount options. wat can do?
>>
My retard roommate finally let me change the security on our route to WPA2 from WEP, and now he is complaining that the wireless internet speed is horrible. Is my router bad or is he just retarded?
>>
>>51667280
Well yeah, all traffic has to be encrypted so it adds a little overhead.
However (depending on how old your router is) the difference should be barely noticeable
>>
>>51667280
I don't think the type of security affects the speed of the connection.

Make him run a speedtest on speedtest.net. Then you will know if the speed is shitty or not. Make sure others on the network aren't doing heavy downloading at the same time as he's doing the test.
>>
File: 41d4wcnTmaL.jpg (23 KB, 500x473) Image search: [Google]
41d4wcnTmaL.jpg
23 KB, 500x473
>>51667310
this is the one we have, but I'm pretty sure we should get a new one regardless.
>>
Anyone recommend a cheap laptop which is very fast, good for general use and browsing that I can buy for parents?
>>
>>51667280
change it back without him knowing
ask him if it is still slow
falcon punch him if he says yes
>>
Do I have to install mobo drivers before I install Windows? or can I install windows and then get the drivers online
>>
Will a 450w PSU handle a 750ti FTW and a G3258 @ 4.5ghz 1.3v?
>>
>>51667449
Windows uses generic drivers from its own installation media. Install Windows first, then install the drivers through Windows (at least as far as I can remember).
>>
>>51667123
Thanks.
Though I just googled this a bit and read that a can of compressed air is a safer alternative. I don't mind the 5€ so I'll try that. (really I just find the idea of literally buying a can of air too funny to pass up)

Still, though...could dirt have caused such a sudden burst of heat? Everything seemed fine a day ago.
The fan got really loud, but I didn't check if there was air blowing out so I guess it could've jammed or something? But would that be so bad? Like those times when you put a little more strain on your computer and the fan speeds up - say the fan jammed at such a time - would the computer really just burst into hellfire in a matter of seconds? Because I really felt it heat up fast.
And it's just that if it wasn't the dust's fault that it went insane at the time, it seems strange that NOW it would be the dust's fault it's running a bit hotter.
Could anything have happened to the thermal paste? I know roughly fuck all about thermal paste so that worries me a bit.
>>
Any way getting Win10 Enterprise key? Does toolkit do it
>>
Can anyone help me with some Linux shit? iwlwifi to be more specific
>>
>>51667517
I see I've been reading a bit too fast!

If you heard the fans speed up, then the fan is okay! It was probably just a reaction to the CPU getting a massive load to deal with which may have caused the high temperature. If the fan speeds up when it gets hot, the fan is doing what it's supposed to do, sorry for misleading you a bit.

As for the overheating, have you checked the BIOS settings if anything has changed? You haven't overclocked anything? Changed anything? You could always reset back to default BIOS settings, it won't affect anything else.

Apart from that, I don't really know what might have caused the high temperature, or the recurring high temperature after.
>>
>>51667580
what exactly?
>>
Is windows 10 good
>>
>>51667590
The only things I can think of doing before that was experimenting with the audio interface. Plugging it in and out of a USB hub and switching between Focusrite's default drivers and ASIO4ALL to see if it affects the latency. Changing the latency setting etc.

I've since upgraded the Focusrite drivers and the changelog mentioned fixing possible blue screens on some systems when the interface is plugged in and out via USB3. No mention of overheating, but sounds close enough anyway.

Still, something must have gone back there and I dunno what.
>>
So my school gives us 50GB of storage space that doubles as our /home directory when we log on to Linux machines. We don't get root access. Is there a way to install packages (specifically r) into my home directory without root?
>>
>>51667280
Did you also change the frequency to 5GHz? I know a lot of my devices are slow/won't connect to 5GHz wifi
>>
>>51667597
I don't have a /etc/modprob.d/iwlwifi.conf and I have no idea how to create it
>>
Learning servers. And I'm confused about connection limitations. Like, if only 50 computers can be connected to a server. What does it mean to be connected to a server? Am I connected to the server 4chan uses, when I download page? When a random vpn is full, does that mean the max number of people that can connect to the server are connected, or when a server is full on an online game? When a company has its own email sever, what does it mean for all the computers to be connected to it? Using its email?
>>
>>51667597
>>51667776
I do however have the package for my wifi card in /lib/firmware
>>
>>51667776
su -c 'touch /etc/modprob.d/iwlwifi.conf'

should do.
>>
ok i thought of making a thread to ask this, but at the same time I think it's pretty fucking weird and stupid so hear this:

I have a PC here that stopped loading XP (shit's old and used for something simple) so I fix it and everything goes well, until they turn it on again after i made sure it was working

i thought the hard drive was just busted because it's a 60 gb SATA from who knows when, so i replace it with a new one with Win7

the thing works perfectly and i set it up, but surprise, windows shits all over itself at startup, it manages to load a couple times but it just freezes randomly without BSODing or anything, until I manage to turn it off, then at the very end it flashes in blue

so i bring it back with me and hook it up, IT JUST WORKS

what the hell is happening?
>>
>>51667741
download .deb and extract it
>>
>>51667820
What about the content?
>>
>>51667741
You can't install a package without a root access if the server isn't configured to allow it.

Try compiling the package locally and put it somewhere in your home directory.
>>
>>51667837
su -c 'nano /etc/modprob.d/iwlwifi.conf'
>>
File: 1247046019571.jpg (29 KB, 395x344) Image search: [Google]
1247046019571.jpg
29 KB, 395x344
>>51666990
>>51667011
didn't work ;_;
>>
>>51667864
Sure, I can edit, but I have no idea what the iwlwifi.conf holds usually, I only know one line, and I haven't found one online to copy from
>>
>>51667888
And how on earth would I know what the iwlwifi.conf is supposed to be?

You asked how to create it.
What do you want to do anyways?
>>
>>51667887
It's also physically impossible to bob your head back and forth when your mouth is open.
>>
>>51667924
The firmware of my wifi card isn't installed and I don't know how to do so...

I have the .ucode package for it, so how do I install it? with modprob?
>>
>>51666657
just post speccy please. what you just did was like copypasting the fucking dxdiag...

>>51666712
you probably werent properly grounded and fried something. what surface were you standing on and what surface was the case/cpu/mobo on when you did this?
did you touch a radiator/heater regularly or was the psu plugged in and you touched the case regularly while working to ground yourself?
google the bluescreen error code. reseat cpu (check for dust on the mobo socket and underside of cpu).

>>51666784
>>51666753
212 evo for cooler is decent budget option. better and quieter than stock cooler and is cheap.
for psu: seasonic, xfx, evga, antec hcg series, corsair (not cx series). preferably a gold rating. semi or fully modular if you want less cable clutter and better airflow.
good case like define s can help with airflow and reduce noise aswell.

>>51666878
clonezilla

>>51666883
install client, connect, join channel, appeal. google for further instructions.

>>51666967
clean dust from fans. without fans it will overheat and die if you somehow manage to start it without any fans in the first place.

>>51667009
onboard NIC? did you download it from mobo manufacturer's website? is that driver compatible with win10?

>>51667356
post the fucking model name in text instead of a fucking random picture we have to reverse image seearch to get the model name you retard.

>>51667388
>cheap
>fast
pick one. also post a fucking budget because "cheap" is subjective.

>>51667449
no. you install drivers after installing windows. get the latest from the motherboard's and graphics card's manufacturer's website. if windows doesnt detect the network drivers automatically, use the CD that came with the motherboard to install network drivers, then go online and get the latest.

>>51667474
Yes. But get one of the brands i wrote above in this post.

>>51667429
this

>>51667551
yes.

>>51667580
there's a specific linux help thread like this.

>>51667704
yes.
>>
>>51667938
distro?
>>
File: 1447399661339.gif (448 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447399661339.gif
448 KB, 400x400
>>51667887
igger
>>
I just put Windows 7 onto a 15gb USB with rufus

Is it supposed to be 11GB? People always keep saying 4 or 8gb
>>
>>51667825
if you replace the HDD with a preinstalled OS from a different system it will have conflicting drivers. reinstall windows with the HDD in the system it will be used in.

>>51668050
it probably extracted something, which it shouldnt.

windows 7 ultimate ISO is 3GB and MS USB DVD tool can put it on a 4GB USB drive.

try plugging it in your pc and boot from it and see if the install starts.
>>
File: 1409714363022.jpg (84 KB, 747x960) Image search: [Google]
1409714363022.jpg
84 KB, 747x960
Having trouble with Cat6a compatibility. Needed a long outdoor cable to join two separate networks together across a long distance. I bought http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0040Y1P7E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Works fine from router (TD-W8970) to my desktop (MSI Gaming 5), doesn't work between the router and when connecting to my laptop/TL-SF1005D switch/TL-SG105 switch/TL-WR702N router, it just doesn't recognise any cable being patched in.
>>
>>51668090

no, i replaced the HDD and installed Win7 from the start, made sure it was working, did updates, installed software, the usual, it only stops working when I plug it in it's intended place, and when I bring it back with me it just does a disk check and fixes a few entries and that's it, it works again, it's happened several times too, I'm just really confused and i still can't find a solution or heard of anything similar anywhere
>>
>>51668179
check manuals for compatability with cat6e on the routers/switches?

>>51668192
try a different power outlet in that room.
>>
I have putty set to UTF8 and my locale is UTF8 aswell.
Though special characters can't be displayed and "dialog" borders are all qqqq.

How to fix?
>>
File: Untitled.png (18 KB, 465x396) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18 KB, 465x396
>>51667953
>dxdiag...
It's bait or you are fucking retarded.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_signal_intrusion
There was a zombie warning in Montana in 2013 and the superbowl was replaced by porn in 2011 in Arizona.
How, though? Dunno.
>>
>>51668289
meant for
>>51666618
>>
>>51668279
no, what you did was similar to posting dxdiag when asked to post your system specs. 5 times more information that needed.

your temps are fine, must be something else that's causing the smell. wait until you can smell it, take of the side of the case and try to locate it.
>>
>>51667953

>>51667580 (You)
there's a specific linux help thread like this

Could you point me to it? I found a few helpful ones, but it still isn't working.
>>
>>51667954
Debian Wheezy
>>
>>51668339
search "linux" in the catalog
>>
>>51668374
Oh, you meant here, right now. My bad, I thought you meant one of the oficial or semi oficial forums
>>
How do I change the location of all of my torrents?
The files are already moved.
>>
I was hoping to see an Android general but I can't find one in the catalog. Asking my question here.

Are CyanogenMod builds catered to individual devices? I wanted to find out more about CyanogenMod so I went on their website, only to see that you can search builds by device.

I bought a tablet for someone who specified that they'd want a custom ROM if they got a tablet. I was planning to do it for them, I've only rooted my tablet so I'm learning as I go along.
>>
>>51668401
yes, you need the build for that specific device.
>>
>>51668416
Shit, thanks for the help. I bought them an Asus ZenBook and a build doesn't seem to be available. What would you recommend? I could probably do what I did with mine and root it, then put a custom launcher on there.
>>
What android emulator to use? I wanna open an Instagram account on PC. Only have a dumbphone.
>>
>>51668457
check the xda forums, they usually have builds for almost every device.
>>
>>51668357
https://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi
>>
Hey guys, when you make hot chocolate, do you guys pour hot water first then add hot chocolate powder or vice versa?
>>
>>51668470
I didn't think to do that. Thank you so much for your help!
>>
>>51668512
It's much better with milk.
Pour milk into a mug and put into microwave until it's hot.
Then stir in the chocolate powder.

I've tried putting the powder in before already, it made a huge mess in the microwave.
>>
>>51668466
bluestacks is the way to go

>>51668512
powder firs, little bit of hot water, mix vigorously, add rest of water and a dolop of whip cream
>>
Is an i5 4460 stronk enough to decently emulate PS2 and Gamecube? I don't have the cash to get an overclockable CPU and a mobo that supports OC
>>
>>51668488
Thanks
>>
>>51668553
I'm fairly sure any i series would do
>>
>>51668488
Weird, I did what they said, but it sais it can't find the package, but I'm even in the same directoty, I tried pointing the directory on the command also but it didn't work
>>
YO IS ZOTAC 120GB SSD DECENT?

ITS PRETTY FUCKING CHEAP
>>
just pulled the trigger on this, tell me I did good
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883250678
>>
>>51668233
Cable and devices are both 100Mbit / 1000BASE-T in specs
>>
>>51668599
You're doing something wrong.
Follow the instructions precisely.

I've done it so many times I'm fairly fucking sure if this doesn't work, you're the problem.
>>
>>51668601

I thought the rule of thumb was that SSD brands other than intel, samsung and sandisk are shit
>>
>>51668620
Haha, thanks for the very direct tip. I'll take my time starting it again
>>
>>51668611
No, you're dumb as fuck.
You paid for the windows oem license.

You probably could've got exactly the same shit for 60 bucks and install the OS yourself.
>>
>>51668647

Oh I guess I got excited over the good reviews
>>
File: a.jpg (206 KB, 1013x485) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
206 KB, 1013x485
>>51666719
to me it sounded like he was referring to the northbridge cooler
>>
I run an old laptop with Windows server 2012 and 2 external USB hdds hooked up as a server. How fucked am i in terms of drives failing ?
>>
>>51668233
>>51668179
Found my own solution. Had been trying to use it as a crossover cable in the wrong ports. Switched through an Auto MDI/MDIX port and it worked fine.
>>
whats the difference between IceCat and IceWeasel and which one is better?
>>
File: jibe.png (204 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
jibe.png
204 KB, 600x468
Ok, /g/, I'm in dire straits once again.

My final program for this semester involves developing a very small game framework that makes use of state machines, anonymous classes, and functionality based around the
Swing Event Dispatching Thread (or EDT for short).

I have the spec with me and the projects javadoc, but I still feel a bit lost as to how to build methods that are "anonymous", as well as using the SwingUtilities.invokeLater( new Runnable() {} ) module.

pls halp ;_;
>>
Is there are slow ass shitty drive that is high capacity for backups ? The read write can be ass on it if it is relatively cheap big and reliable
>>
what are some good places to
buy mechanical keyboards ?
Also where can I get a sample ? I'm thinking of diving in on this trend.
>>
I have an old Marantz SR2000 receiver from like the 80s, and I hooked it up to two speakers, but when using FM on it for whatever reason i only get a signal when my hands are placed on it. What the fuck is even happening? Am I acting as an antenna or something?
>>
is rexec still common? I am considering writing a bruteforcing framework for the protocol, but it would be useless without it being used in 2015.
>>
What are the bare minimum parts I need before installing the OS?

I have the mobo set up and in the case, and putting in the PSU now, and a 120gb SSD. No HDD yet though

Is this enough to hook it up to a monitor and install the OS, so that when the rest of the parts come in I will just have to throw them in the case?
>>
should I sell a brand new M4 Aqua and buy OnePlus One instead?
>>
File: Capture.png (188 KB, 1902x939) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
188 KB, 1902x939
Recently I reinstalled my computer. Now I can't browse 4chan properly. See attached image. When I click on a post number to reply, the reply window does not popup. Also I can't see who replied to what post. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Firefox 42 / Windows 7 64 SP1 / ABP (already tried without adblock)
>>
>>51669296
did you forget 4chanx?
>>
>>51669296
>Recently I reinstalled my computer.
Un-install firefox and re-install though.
Also 4chan x is pretty cool.
>>
should i get a PCIe SSD?
>>
>>51669318
Never had 4chanx installed. Don't want to either, 4chan always worked fine for me.

>>51669327
Already done that. No succes. The page works fine in Internet Explorer, by the way
>>
>>51669131
psu, motherboard, cpu, ram and storage
>>
>>51668233

that does nothing (of course I tried), went there just now and i measured voltage and it gives the same 125 there and here (give/take .5) it's not the power, it's driving me crazy
>>
>>51668400
in the client, change the download directory in the settings to where you have them. force re-check all torrents, if any torrent doesnt find the files on your drive, right click it -> advanced -> download location and browse to the correct folder, then re-check file for that torrent again.
once it's done you can start seeding.

>>51668552
any way to get around the forced app downloads in bluestacks?

>>51668553
>>51668581
yeah i3 is fine for that

>>51668681
other brands are fine. most buy their chips from intel/samsung but those 2 keep the best chips themselves. if it has good reviews and is a lot cheaper, go for it.

>>51669028
any fucking cheap hard drive. go on pcpartpicker and list hdds by price/GB

>>51669070
that or you are shorting something

>>51669131
same parts you need to be able to load windows and use it.
psu, mobo, cpu, ram, gpu (onboard), ssd or hdd, monitor.

only have one drive plugged in when you install OS so it doesnt put any MBR on the other drives.

>>51669353
do you want to pay 50% more for only 10% more performance?

>>51669357
reset firefox.

>>51669367
does nothing as in works or doesnt work? did you check amperage and frequency?
>>
When I want to see if there's a charge on my PC case, I put one lead on it. What do I do with the other?

Also making several random measures around PC case/surroundings and reading values like 100-200mV. Are these voltages significant?
>>
>>51669406
what?
>>
Is there a way to get the W10 style borderless windows on 8.1?
>>
>>51668401
Isn't /spg/ up?
>>
My arch + gnome setup on my Thinkpad T60 is acting weird, whenever I wake from sleep or press the fn key alone, the fucking settings pop up.

I find this obscure because I'm giving next to no input when waking my laptop but it opens it anyways
>>
How legal is it for a public school's WiFi to break HTTPS by requiring certificates to be installed prior to use?
>>
Is
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Graphite-760T-Tower-Windowed/dp/B00P7TPYI2/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449173631&sr=1-6&keywords=corsair+case

worth the price? How many years would a case like that last for?
>>
I have an older Optiplex GX620 lying around. Pentium 4, 3gb DDR2.
My friend wants it, but he wants a Radeon HD6670 installed into it. From what I've looked up, it's completely compatible, but it won't boot past my BIOS anymore, and the integrated chip doesn't work.

tl;dr
Dell Optiplex GX620 Pentium 4 won't go past BIOS with HD6670 installed, and iGPU doesn't work. What can I do?
>>
>>51669649
check out a case review on youtube. i'm still using my graphite 600t after 5 years.

>>51669664
try other gpu. does a 6670 need a power cable? how many watts is the PSU?
are you trying to use the iGPU with the 6670 plugged in?
>>
>>51665190
Does /g/ know of a good guide/technique for pirating/illegitimately activating Windows 8?

I built a little gaming machine out of some spare parts I found, but it won't boot any of my old Windows 7 drives (UEFI?). The only solution I've managed to get to work is taking the activated Windows 8 hard drive out of my laptop and booting that, but the settings and drivers are all weird, and I don't want to change them because I figure it'll be fucked up when I put the drive back into my laptop.
>>
The middle mouse button on my mouse no longer opens up a new tab. I've tried on multiple browsers to no avail, yet I can still scroll through pages with it. Tried a new mouse and it works, how can I fix my old one?
>>
>>51669708
6670 doesn't need a power cable.
I have a 500 watt PSU.
iGPU is not being used. HDMI is plugged into 6670.
I can try with my old 3DRageII. Only other GPU I have lying around.
>>
File: 1441923512555.jpg (39 KB, 762x613) Image search: [Google]
1441923512555.jpg
39 KB, 762x613
/g/ opinion on corsair AiO units?

>Inb4 meme etc

I know there are some on /g/ who use AiO units and I'm looking for their opinion on namely the H80i GT. Ia there a lot of pump noise? What is their life span like? And failed parts/leaks?

Im currently on an i5 4690k air cooled and am upgrading to a 5930k soon. My large air cooler didn't come with brackets for lga 2011 by default so Im in the market for a new cooler

Reviews seem to say the H80i GT is like the best 120mm unit money can buy. Can corsair units be used effectively without their link software?

Ive only owned one aio unit before and it was the CM Nepton 280L and the pump failed in 3 weeks of use. Ive dont custom liquid in the past but my case is now the R5 and I dont want to remove the fan covers because that would reduce the sound dampening so Im looking for the best 120mm AiO to mount on the rear exhaust.

I'd be looking to squeeze at least 4.wghz out of the 5930k which seems entirely possible based on reviews of the cooler. This cooler also pushes aside top end air sokutions like the NH-D15 and Dark Rock pro 3 so Im bot really considering those.

Help is appreciated!
>>
Can a GTX 780 do three monitors at once? I'm not talking for games but for desktop use. When I have all three plugged in my one doesn't work through DVI. Though I never used it with DVI before so it may just be the monitor.
>>
>>51669767
every gpu has a specification sheet.
just google it
>>
>>51665254
partition disk
create file system
mount fs
down & tar -xuf <stage3-tarball>
fix fstab & use
chroot
emerge -juND <boot loader & other shit> @world
fix shit & reboot
>>
>>51669721
yeah, it's called gentoo.
try it anon it's awesome
>>
Why people still use PHP?
>>
>>51665225
>(bash) how do you call the system by which you assign a variable for just the present command?

First, that's not just in bash, it's in any sh-based shelll.

>and how do you use it in bash scripting? I literally don't know how to search this

You just fucking use it:

jason@powerbook$ ls -l |head -3
total 178472
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jason jason 5025079 May 3 2015 LUM_vol01_ch003.cbz
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jason jason 5135606 May 3 2015 LUM_vol01_ch004.cbz
jason@powerbook$ LANG=fr_fr ls -l |head -3
total 178472
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jason jason 5025079 3 mai 2015 LUM_vol01_ch003.cbz
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jason jason 5135606 3 mai 2015 LUM_vol01_ch004.cbz
>>
>>51669721
KMS from mydigitallife forums

>>51669747
unplug 6670, plug monitor into mobo. does it work?
do try the other gpu, if that one works you know the 6670 is busted.

>>51669752
there are millions of reviews on them.
TL;DR long gaming sessions while OC'd air cooling is better.
>>
>>51669721
You should know a windows install shits itself if the hardware changes.
Use a live CD with some Linux flavour or whatever to make sure the pieces fit together, then reformat the installed HDD & install something that's happy to work with the hardware present.
>>
>>51669926
Pity. My microcenter doesn't really have any air coolers worth buying for high end. And I know there are millions of reviews but theyre usually made when the cooler is still brand new. Was hoping to hear from someone who has owned one for a while.

Hmm. What are the high end air coolers looking like then? Are noctua and be quiet! The only brands worth talking about?
>>
So I just plugged in my PC and the power went out.
Tried a few different outlets and what not to make sure it wasn't the extension socket thing.
This pretty much means my PSU is fugged, right?
>>
>>51669842
I can't play muh games on gentoo yet or I'd have done that already faggot.

>>51669926
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

>>51669953
The pieces work/fit together fine. Funny story, I built a server out of this old used box I got for free. Turns out it was just a GPU short of being a pretty decent gaming machine. I guess I could try to throw Windows 7 on it instead, but I'd kinda like to learn if there's a nice convenient way to pirate 8. It'd be handy to have just in case.
>>
>>51669983
order noctua nh14 or something similar online

but those self-contained watercoolers are not bad at all and a lot of people bought them and i havent heard anything negative.

>>51670001
did you flip the voltage switch on the back of the psu?
and yeah most likely dead psu. hope it didnt take the rest of the system with it.
>>
Is SeaGate really as bad as people say?
>>
>>51670066
no, they're worse. hitachi and toshiba are the only good manufacturers, followed by western digital.
>>
File: 1449174491956.jpg (119 KB, 937x960) Image search: [Google]
1449174491956.jpg
119 KB, 937x960
What's your take on this?
>>
>>51670096
Two. But this is going to turn into a shitfest because Americans learn a strange system of order of operations.
>>
File: 1441060561400.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1441060561400.gif
1 MB, 320x240
Firefox kept shitting the bed and fucking up my session. Either it would give me a "restore session" option which would be missing a lot of things I had added since, or it would simply give nothing at all and leave me on a new session.
I tried switching to Icecat, and started experiencing the same problem after some time.
Aside from HTTPS Everywhere, I'm using a completely different set of add-ons on Icecat.
The problem seems to be most likely to occur if I leave the browser up for long periods of time.
Any /g/entoomen have any idea what's fucked/how to unfuck it, or should I just start using Palememe?
>>
>>51670096
>48 / 2 * (9+3)
Parenthesis first
>48 / 2 * (12)
Multiplication and division are equal in order of operations so go left to right
>24*12 = 288

>>51670137
Find a calculator that says it's two and I won't call you retarded Eurotrash.
>>
>>51665190
MSI Radeon 6850 Cyclone for 65 dollars is ok? I have a 512mb radeon 5570
>>
>>51670137
But Wolfram Alpha and Google say 288 and it's also what I got and I'm not even a Burger.

Where do people get 2 from?
>>
>>51670096
>9+3=12
>2*12=24
48/24=2
>>
Is there a difference between have 2x4gb of ram or 1x8gbram?
>>
When i move my mouse pointer sometimes pointer freeze for like few milliseconds and then jumps to location it has to be. I've tried all my logitech mouses (g300, g302, g400s) it happens on them. I've also tried my microsoft mouse and touchpad it didn't happened or i didn't catch it. I'm on winblows 10. What do /g/?
>>
File: fuck your shitty bait.png (23 KB, 316x151) Image search: [Google]
fuck your shitty bait.png
23 KB, 316x151
>>51670096

My take is that you're too bored.
>>
>>51670096
It's 48 / 2 * 12

I'm an eurocunt.

>>51670137
Swede spotted.
>>
>>51670247
Is 48/2(9+3) the same as 48/2*(9+3)?
>>
File: r9kmysterybyco.png (29 KB, 702x647) Image search: [Google]
r9kmysterybyco.png
29 KB, 702x647
i can buy one of those

option a $700
>i7 4770
>140gb ssd
>gtx 750 ti
>22" monitor + keyboard + mouse

option b $800
>i7 6700
>250gb ssd
>gtx 970
>no accessories

such a fuckin hard choice i promised not to spend over $700 but the second choice is a beast. the processor upgrade is minimal, but graphics+ssd size is really huge. it has no accessories though. what would you do?
>>
>>51670293
How old are you?
>>
Which is the best Z97?
Opinions on Asus Z97 with wifi?

>i5 4690k
Also, I've been told sapphire r9 390 nitro is best 390.
>>
>>51665467
Filesystem path is irrelevant.
>>
>>51670170
>>51670194
>>51670266
>2*(9+3)
Becomes
>2*9+2*3
does it not? Maybe I calculate with variable too often, but if it were 2(x+y) that's what you'd get.
>>
File: toasty toast kitten.png (267 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
toasty toast kitten.png
267 KB, 500x422
I really need to rant now here, I can't hold these shitfeelings in anymore.
I try to get ANYTHING that lets me create *.apk files running for like 3 days now.
First android-studio, which seems to suck-ass because it can't connect to the android-emulator and keeps downloading more and more shit.
Then netbeans-IDE with the android SDK and now eclipse (which worked a few years ago in highschool solala) and I fucking hat it.

The fucking android-emulator created by AVD wasn't even booted after waiting for like 30 minutes. Meanwhile it connected itself to localhost and kept sending packages. The moment I killed it (after waiting over half an hour) it just stuck on the ANDROID screen booting....

I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT!

Is there now fucking fucking way to just say... take any other language and make a apk out of it or anything else that will run natively on android without any thirtparty bullshit?

/g/ I know we all hate it but thanks for listening.
Enjoy some toasty kitten for shits and giggles, because I don't have anything better.
>>
Will my computer just detect a new graphics card when I turn it on after placing it in? Or do I need to do anything besides putting it in the case and hooking it up
>>
>>51670310
Well Is 48/2(9+3) by itself won't compile, so I'm curious as to if adding it in changes it or does the compiler just need explicitly told what to do?
>>
>>51670293
No, we're talking in Swift, and "*" is not actually an asterisk, in this context, but the new "Anus" emoji suggested by Tim Cook to the Unicode Consortium. What's the anus's value?
>>
My friend got an HTC One and he has all these fucking weeb emotes (not emojis, all text based) and I'm mad jelly
Is it possible for me to download whatever weeb shit this guy has?
>>
File: silentbase800.jpg (72 KB, 782x505) Image search: [Google]
silentbase800.jpg
72 KB, 782x505
orange or black?
>>
>>51670293

Yes
>>
>>51670424
orange is the new black
>>
File: SL744724.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
SL744724.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
>>51670170
>Find a calculator that says it's two and I won't call you retarded Eurotrash.
Not that retard but I pulled my $1 chinkulator and surprisingly it says 2.
>>
>>51670424
+1 for orange
>>
>>51670435
>>51670442
orange it is
>>
>>51670362
>Well Is 48/2(9+3) by itself won't compile

Oh yeah, well pretty much all compilers specifically use * as the multiplication symbol. Just putting the numbers next to one another wouldn't work.

Sorry about that. I assumed that you didn't know that numbers next to each other in parenthesis is an accepted multiplication sign.

>>51670341
You're still going out of order. You have to go left to right and divide the 48 by 2 before you can distribute anything to the 9 or 3 on the right.

>48/2*(9+3)
>24*(9+3)
>24(9)+24(3) = 216 +72 = 288 = 24*(12)

>>51670440
Well that's fucking weird.
>>
>>51670304
As someone who enjoys video games I wouldn't buy a gimped card, for one.
Also (if gaming is what you're mainly using this for), getting an i7 is reaching 970 levels of meme tier.
>>
>>51670215
single stick runs single channel. two sticks dual channel, which gives some performance increase, but if it's ddr3 or ddr4 you wont notice a difference.

>>51670229
try different usb port. install drivers and update firmware.

>>51670304
dont get an i7 and you save $100. i7 is only good if you do rendering or media editing.
that said, a gtx 750ti is gonna bottleneck the fuck out of an i7.
and why do you only have those two options? i srsly hope you're not buying some fucking prebuilt.

>>51670346
yes it will detect it, but it will run on some shit-tier windows base drivers and will have REALLY bad performance.
always download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website (amd or nvidia) for best performance.

>>51670424
cop killer black assult case ofc

>>51670493
please can you niggers stop feeding the god damn troll or fuck off to >>>/sci/ with that non-tech shit
>>
File: omega good job.jpg (55 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
omega good job.jpg
55 KB, 500x280
>>51670468
>>
File: 1377376649045.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1377376649045.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>51670513
Okay.....
>>
>>51670424
Doesn't seem like there's enough orange on there to make much of a difference. It's mostly black anyway.
>>
Any Japan anons online?
I want to buy a japan flip phone, which one whould you recomend?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.