[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this OS a meme or is there actually people using it unironically?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: scrot.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
scrot.png
1 MB, 1366x768
is this OS a meme or is there actually people using it unironically?
>>
File: 1448720921695.png (270 KB, 373x503) Image search: [Google]
1448720921695.png
270 KB, 373x503
>>51665001
Linux is a meme, much like mechanical keyboards and computer science.
>>
Freebsd or Arch?
>>
>>51665001
Arch is a meme.
>>
File: Xiaomi-NineBot.png (181 KB, 718x359) Image search: [Google]
Xiaomi-NineBot.png
181 KB, 718x359
Of course they are both used unironically.

Computer uneducated end consumers won't understand or need it. Tell them to use Android or IOS, it's what's right for them.
>>
>>51665036
I am computer educated and far more affluent than any of these greasy faggots posting in desktop threads and I would not touch Arch with a ten foot pole.

There is a difference between fedora tipping posers and people who write code for a living.
>>
>>51665025
>>51665027
>>51665036
>>51665058

I'm talking about FreeBSD.
And I'm using Arch Linux everyday.
>>
>>51665154
What do you do for a living?
>>
>>51665058
What do you use, guy?
>>
>>51665178
Windows 10.
>>
>>51665177
I live in France, I get $550/month without doing anything.
>>
>>51665261
Nice. I was once part of the NEET lifestyle till my father died and I was thrown on the street to fend for myself. Took 10 years to stand on my own feet again.
>>
>>51665001
>36 views of mount fuji
>hide mount fuji with terminal
what
>>
>>51665203
You sound like a retarded codemonkey, not someone who actually cares about getting the most out of their computer.

I also write code for a living and have used arch Linux as my main operating system since long before it was a /g/ meme. I can guarantee you that anyone who is comfortable with Linux and has put the time in to customize their environment is orders of magnitude more efficient in their work than you could ever be on windows.
>>
>>51665001
I sure hope you aren't running X as root motherfucker.
>>
>>51665840
any problems for now
>>
>>51665789
Tips fedora
>>
>>51665789
This, sort of. It depends on your application of the OS to how it's a meme I guess. I like to fuck around with different distros, but in the end it's how you use it I guess. Kinda like that size doesn't matter thing, but applied to computers. I currently have mint installed because I'm a lazy shit, it gets the job done.

Like, you can get by using windows if you wanted to, but people who know how to build linux from the ground up will know a little bit more about the inner workings, not that it has any consequence really.

Like, it's sort of the difference between changing your own oil versus taking apart your engine and putting it back together. One can be used as actual application, the other is just for shits and giggles to learn more about the inner workings. Unless you're a mechanic you probably won't need to know that (I know a lot of mechanics that can't take apart engines and get them working again, even though they've been working on cars their whole life)
>>
>>51668302
An advocate for linux that doesn't have down syndrome. This is amazing.
>>
>>51665203
>>51665789
>>51666189
>>51668302

g-guys.. I just wanted to talk about FreeBDS.
>>
>>51668365
Well fuck you for expecting a good-quality discussion on /g/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.