[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be cool hacker. What should I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: hackers-cyber-crime-anonymous.jpg (251 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
hackers-cyber-crime-anonymous.jpg
251 KB, 2048x1536
I want to be cool hacker. What should I do?
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>51664800
I want cool books and free courses.
>>
>>51664825
Read the sticky.
>>
Do you know anything about CS? Or about how computers work in general? Im not talking about dicking around with config files in your distro of choice, but actually how computer systems work and operate. That's a good place to start, I assume since you're asking on this site you've got no idea as to how any of it actually works.

Opensecuritytraining.info
>>
>>51664859
>Do you know anything about CS? Or about how computers work in general?
I have been already started to study it and I want to choose a course(direction). I studied C ++, ASM, computer architecture, algorithms. I want to coding but I don't want to make websites. I want to work in the field of computer security. What should I do?
>>
>>51664825
Well you can steal books the good old fashioned way and get money to pay for school with some basic Internet scams.
>>
>>51664967
Thank you. While this is the best idea. But what to read?
>>
>>51664949
create malware to mine buttcoins or find security holes in popular software and get hired
>>
'Cool hackers' (to me, at least) are the guys who devote years of their time to find, report, and fix major vulnerabilities in commercial/enterprise software - while 'white-hat' hacking isn't as appealing or rewarding for immediate individual gain, its those who devote themselves to improving/enhancing general program security that really warrant the title of 'cool' - I'd suggest looking into online security courses, or, if at all possible, contacting your local community college to see if they offer introductory/remedial courses on internet security and explotation.
>>
>>51664792
Do drugs and fuck drug dealers
>>
>>51664792
Learn programming languages. Python, C and Assembly help a lot.
>>
>>51665205
In the long run white hat hacking is more profitable. Because black hats always get caught in the end, to jail and paying what they stolen. Unless the black hat is exceptionally talented, then their criminal history is wiped and they're hired for the NSA.
>>
>>51665205
>guys who devote years of their time to find, report, and fix major vulnerabilities in commercial/enterprise software
It will take a lot of time. What to do now to achieve this?
>>51665264
Oк. What next?
>>
well, the first thing i would recommend is to install Kali (in a VM) and get to know and play around with its tools.

Hacking mostly involves networks, so get a good grip of different protocols, how the internet works, common programming languages such as PHP, C++, MySQL, and the other common ones used (you need to be an expert in what you want to exploit).

Good resources are cybrary, the certified ethical hacking course, talks from defcon and the chaos communication conference (**c3, this year's is called 32c3), books on hacking (a good start is the /g/entooman's library).

To be any good at hacking, you need to have a lot of experience in a lot of fields, so start building up webservers and alike, even if it doesn't have anything to do with actual hacking, just to get the experience and the knowledge about what you actually want to target.

If you want to go the easy route, just look into metasploit, although you're not going far with only that.
>>
>>51665296
>Oк. What next?
This will keep you occupied for at least a couple of years, mate. Trust me.
>>
>>51664792
Get fat and find a deranged friend who thinks he is a mad scientist wearing a fake lab coat and then help him power his microwave time machine to save a qt.
>>
>>51664792
install popcorn time
>>
>>51664949
Get a ethical hacking cert
>>
In case you need some pocket money

>get a job at a telemarketing company
>steal the contracts database
>quit job
>sell database
>repeat
>>
>>51665328
not him but
>years for asm, c and python
if you're retarded yes, otherwise this would take you a few months
>>
>>51664792
libgen is good for books

kickass dot to to download CISSP elite hacker cbt nuggets courses

link provided in description
>>
>>51664825
Get yourself on the genlib i2p mirror
>>
>>51665379
Liked
>>
>>51665371
Not to gain the experience required to know how to find vulnerabilities and exploit them. Learning to code is one thing. Actually reading someone else's code, to know what it's doing, and to find flaws, especially in crypto, takes years of experience.
>>
>>51665300
>install Kali
I do not know how to use it.
>you need to be an expert in what you want to exploit
I can study it and hacking at the same time?
>Good resources are cybrary, the certified ethical hacking course, talks from defcon and the chaos communication conference (**c3, this year's is called 32c3), books on hacking (a good start is the /g/entooman's library).
Thank you.
>>
>>51665379
>link provided in description
>>51665300
>a good start is the /g/entooman's library).
Where? In the /g/? link pleas.
>>
Buy a Macbook, that's what all the hackers use
>>
download Kali linux and begin hacking the planet
>>
>>51665432
You can study and hack at the same time, but it's difficult.

One of the most important things you need to learn is to teach yourself and help yourself. This thread is a good example of what you shouldn't do. There's ton's of resources on the net that get you started. Do your research first.
>>
>>51665495
I know that this is trolling.
>>
>>51665496
>download Kali linux
I can do it, but there's a lot of tools. I do not know how to use them. How to learn?
>>
File: wojakmalicious.gif (14 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
wojakmalicious.gif
14 KB, 633x758
>>51664792
heh. you think youve got what it takes to be a hacker? nice try, kid. i bet you cant even turn your macbook on without mommy and daddys help, huh? I bet you don't even have your desktop riced like mine, fucking newfag. just because I take pity on you, and only because I take pity in you, I'm going to tell you how to actually be a hacker. the first thing you have to do is download the torrent browser and start surfing the deep web. be careful down there <thats another deep web joke, amature>, you dont know what youre doing and you arent prepared for what you might see. the second thing you have to do, is to join an underground deepweb hacker collective, no lone wolf ever took down a sheep by its self. youre almost there. you should stop using apostrophes or proper punctuation because when youre constantly running and editing javascript scripts and uploading trojan viruses to scrubs harddrives, you dont have time to type like a new fag. if you don't follow that step youre going to be ripped apart in the seep web like a five dollar bill in a sinagog. next you have to install linux and change your display settings to high contrast number 2, nobosy will take you seriously otherwise. finally, and this is the most important, dont ever tell anyone you meet on the clearweb the things you have seen on the other side, we dont need that kind of publicity. if you want actual advice on hacking , you should go to 00101111 01110010 01110010 01100011 01100011 00110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01100100 01101000 01101000 00110100 01101111 01111010 00110011 01100011 00101110 01101111 01101110 01101001 01101111 01101110 . if you dont know what any of those numbers mean, you dont have what it takes to be a hacker. sorry, but not everyone is cut out for it. thats just the way the game works.
>>
>>51665484

lmgtfy. com /?q=gentooman+library
>>
>>51665533
Sad.
>>
>>51665534

Your search - gentooman library >> Anonymous 12/03/15(Thu)10:08:57 No.51665565 ▶ >>51665533 Sad. - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.
Search Results
>>
>Ctrl + F
>Kali
>Two blacktext events

INSTALL KALI
N
S
T
A
L
L

K
A
L
I
>>
>>51665602
https://github.com/gentoomen
>>
>>51664792
First take out your cpu, you don't need that shit, well at least not plugged into your motherboard.
Then, open your cpu, and use a multimeter to send electrical currents inside the cpu and examine the output.
This will allow you to understand how a cpu works.
When you're done, learn assembly language.
Then create a better language than C# and java.
Then program something to hack every other computers.
Congrats, you now rule the world, buy me a beer you faggot.
>>
>>51665525
You need those hacking labs/exercises you do in the info-security classes in colleges. I had one that was just a pre-set VMware image that had a small testing environment of Debian on it, with a few fake business/database websites set up for being hacked. You had to figure out how to do all the exploits needed to hack into the company payroll and order a money transfer to a bogus bank account then launder it to yourself.

I don't know if/where you can pirate these kinds of lessons or how many are available for free, but it seems like it would take a long time to create one of these labs. The makers of Kali-linux itself offer some online training courses where you do these kind of exercises in Kali. They do have one free course for learning to use Metasploit:
https://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/
>>
>>51664792
Based on your responses in this thread, you're incapable of self-learning, incapable of googling, and incapable of not being a mouthbreather.
You'll never be a hacker.
>>
Be edgy as fuck
>>
>>51665950
:(((((((
>>
File: ICE breaker.png (44 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
ICE breaker.png
44 KB, 640x400
>>51664792
You need a hacker name like ICEman, zerochill, c00lhax, etc.. Here's what you do. You go buy a Mr. Freeze mask, some dry ice, and an AC to get you into the hacking mood. Pic-related is what you need to do.
>>
>>51665962
For the record, I mean no disrespect. But if you don't have the drive to find things like the Gentooman library on your own, and if you need to ask advice on /g/, you really don't have the right mentality to be a hacker.
The advice like installing Kali and doing the CEH won't particularly help you, either. While penetration testers do use Kali, and some of them for some crazy reason actually respect the CEH, which is a trivially easy exam designed to scam gullible wannabe whitehats, it won't help you. Metasploit is full of ancient exploits that are long past their sell-by date, unless you're on a particularly senior internal network full of Windows XP. A good number of the tools in Kali are essentially just scripted ping/traceroute/dig combinations or nmap and variants, or wifi-cracking toolkits.
Being a "good" hacker involves learning how to code review and hunt for bugs, learning fuzzing, learning blackbox testing for web apps, and importantly, knowing social engineering, spear-phishing for red team engagements, and knowing what to do once you're actually ON a box. Installing Kali doesn't teach you that Redhat backported the PERF_EVENTS kernel 'sploit to 2.6.32 in 2013, or that shitty dbus endpoints are the most reliable way to get root from the userland.
All you'll learn from CEH or OSCP or CRT is looking for SUID binaries, which is basically useless in a world of regular code review and semi-functional exploitation mitigation methods, some standard pentesting methodology, and trivia about SIP and enterprise network protocols that can result in you getting trivial information disclosure if you're lucky.
>>
>>51665353
Haha this must be a joke, any time I see a resume with this I almost immediately trash it
>>
>>51665360
Does this actually work?
>>
>>51666403
No. Databases don't sell for that much.
>>
>>51664949
>I studied C++, ASM
>I want to coding
Nigga im pretty sure if you can code in C++, ASM you can code..
>>
File: 54354.jpg (235 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
54354.jpg
235 KB, 600x478
>>51664792
Install Kali
>>
>>51667261
Don't do that.
>>
>>51668668
Install Gentoo
>>
>>51665205
And people who don't do drugs are the REAL cool kids, am i right?
>>
>>51668746
Yes
>>
Step one buy old cpu that still has a flopy drive

Step two attach 230v live wire to metal casing

Step three buy a hacksaw

Step four insert penis into floppy drive and at the same time use hack saw to hack of penis in one swing

Congrats you are now a hacker!!!!
>>
test
>>
Send me more Indian emails about my completely empty domain on GoDaddy.
>>
somewhere 10-20 years ago the "hacker" word lost any kind of meaning, and most dumb shits fail to take notice. The wild west days are over folks.
media and general public babble about hackers all the time, referring to some combination of guy good with computer / social engineer / malware writer / script kiddie.

Professional programmers commonly use the word hacker to refer to a very gifted coworker. That's cool in my books
>>
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Hacker
>>
>>51668746
Yes. Edgy rebel teen detected.
>>
File: 1448452596586s.jpg (6 KB, 250x185) Image search: [Google]
1448452596586s.jpg
6 KB, 250x185
>>51664792
>pic related
>its you
>>
>>51665292
A note to people:
Do NOT let the myth of "ex black hat gets hired" lure you into a false sense of security. Like this guy said, unless they are >exceptionally talented (see: not just fucking SQL injecting and social engineering their way through some phone calls), you will MOST LIKELY go to fucking jail.

I'm on a masters compsec degree program and I've been studying more deeply into the legal side and boundaries of jobs in my field and it's just funny how many "le hackers" get sent down, especially after thinking they are special.

Be careful out there. ianal
>>
>>51666403
Also, >what even is access control
>>
>>51665006
Books
>>
>>51664792
Why in the fuck is he using Windows with a Guy Fawks mask? It is almost impossible to do any sort of "penetration testing" on Windows efficiently. Like they could of at least had Kali or some shit.
>>
>go to 4chan
>post anonymously
>wear guy fawkes mask
>say you hack ISIS
>profit ?
>>
>>51665249
and have delusions of your father
also kiss your sister
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.