[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these anywhere near worth the price over something like a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: web_logo1_1408390597__35960.png (11 KB, 420x103) Image search: [Google]
web_logo1_1408390597__35960.png
11 KB, 420x103
Are these anywhere near worth the price over something like a 900D?
>spend 500 on just the case
>have to spend another 40-100 just in the given options to actually use the case fully
>Oh you actually want /storage/ or god forbid a CD drive? That'll be another 100+ please
>Fan filters? What are those? I think this company makes those for our cases
>another 80-100 dollars

So to actually get a usable case with features that are standard in almost all modern consumer cases you have to spend nearly $1000. And then you have to put the damn thing together yourself.
>>
I don't see how these are an improvement over a decent case from a mainstream company
>>
Do you want a full aluminium case?

Then yes, they're worth it.
>>
>>51664951
That's what I'm asking.

>>51664970
Why the fuck would I want that? I'm not a manlet or a woman that can't lift 100 pounds.
>>
>>51664667
news alert: snake oil now available in computer parts
>>
>>51664667
If you'll be going balls-out in modding the thing, it might help to have a fully customizable base. The people who build in CL cases also tend to spend like $1000+ on just watercooling parts, so for a $5000+ PC build spending that much on a case isn't a lot relatively speaking.
>>
>>51665109
I mean if you're wanting to do a bunch of modding to the entire case I could see it since you can disassemble it all the way. But if you're just an enthusiast and not a modder and don't need a dozen rads I just don't see the point. But then again, I guess that's kind of their market.
>>
>>51665125
Exactly. They found a niche of high end builders and formed their company around that.

I would love to have one of them, but don't really know much about custom loops yet. So my fractal r5 is gonna do.
>>
Their company isn't even that big, they had to reduce the number or parts and color options that they ship just to keep up with demand. There's a waiting list on their cases.
>>
I have one, I bought it because I like well made products, if you have never got your hands on one it's easy to think they are not worth it, they are 10x better built than lian li cases.
Any mainstream case feels cheap and thin after you work with caselabs.

Having said that, they cost a fuckload and if you don't give a shit about case quality then yeah spend the money elsewhere.
>>
I spent 30€ back in february 2005 for the case that I'm using right now on my PC soon to be retired.

I bought another cheap case for my PC. I don't think in a decade quality for these is bad enough that they'll melt at any temperature over 40C.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.